ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Swedish Citizen moving to other EU Country for Work, Bring Non-EU Spouse and live together

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ali10
Newly Registered
Morocco

Swedish Citizen moving to other EU Country for Work, Bring Non-EU Spouse and live together

Post by ali10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:19 pm

Hey i want ask if is possible to go back with my wife to her country she Swedish and we apply for eu family member in Netherland i just get eu card last month and we want go back this month to Sweden is not problem? Or we need Wait at least 3 months then we go back to Sweden? Thank you

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Swedish Citizen moving to other EU Country for Work, Bring Non-EU Spouse and live together.

Post by Caravel88 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:52 am

I am not sure if I understand your question.
You can travel as you wish, most likely.
ali10 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:19 pm
Hey i want ask if is possible to go back with my wife to her country she Swedish and we apply for eu family member in Netherland i just get eu card last month and we want go back this month to Sweden is not problem? Or we need Wait at least 3 months then we go back to Sweden? Thank you

ali10
Newly Registered
Morocco

Re: Swedish Citizen moving to other EU Country for Work, Bring Non-EU Spouse and live together.

Post by ali10 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:03 am

I mean if we go back to Sweden same month when i got card eu family member. Netherland they not cancel my card because i move so fast? . And we want apply again in Sweden it take 6 months also? Is two questions and thank you so much

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:28 am

You can be absent uptop 9 days within 6 month period. So no, it won't be cancelled straight away. If they suspect you moved abroad / left, then that's a different thing.

Yes. Sweden will take 6 months to issue the card.
ali10 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:03 am
I mean if we go back to Sweden same month when i got card eu family member. Netherland they not cancel my card because i move so fast? . And we want apply again in Sweden it take 6 months also? Is two questions and thank you so much

ali10
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by ali10 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:25 pm

Thank you. Last question if my wife move back to Sweden and I'm still in Netherland is not problem for me ?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Yes it is a problem. You don't have the right to be there without your EU family member, unless you have lived for a certain period of time and obtained long term residency.
ali10 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:25 pm
Thank you. Last question if my wife move back to Sweden and I'm still in Netherland is not problem for me ?

ali10
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by ali10 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:14 pm

So they can cancel my residency if my wife go back to her country or when my residency for 5 years finish?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:22 am

You have your rights because you are with your spouse.
Without your spouse you have no right to be there.
Your right to be in the country doesn't come from the plastic card.
It comes from the fact that you are with your spouse.

The moment your spouse moves away, you can not be there UNLESS you have lived for a certain length of time AND fulfill certain conditions, which depends on the country.
ali10 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:14 pm
So they can cancel my residency if my wife go back to her country or when my residency for 5 years finish?

ali10
Newly Registered
Morocco

Re: Swedish Citizen moving to other EU Country for Work, Bring Non-EU Spouse and live together

Post by ali10 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:47 am

Hey i just got EU family member card in netherland and now im whit my wife in her home country and last week i apply for eu card Swedish and they tell me i need Wait for 6 months or more become they have a lot of people waiting. I wonder if i can travel in my home country morocco or inside Schengen?. And how long time they will gonna cancel my EU netherland card? . Or i already lose my right to travelling because im not anymore in netherland ?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Swedish Citizen moving to other EU Country for Work, Bring Non-EU Spouse and live together

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:58 am

If you relocated to Sweden you have to stay in Sweden.
Technically you can travel with your wife in Schengen.
Your NL residence card is technically invalid since you are not living in NL.
ali10 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:47 am
Hey i just got EU family member card in netherland and now im whit my wife in her home country and last week i apply for eu card Swedish and they tell me i need Wait for 6 months or more become they have a lot of people waiting. I wonder if i can travel in my home country morocco or inside Schengen?. And how long time they will gonna cancel my EU netherland card? . Or i already lose my right to travelling because im not anymore in netherland ?

ali10
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by ali10 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:26 am

So how im going to travel me and my wife with invalid card? . Because we want to go in Spain for few days. :(

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:41 pm

Train, car, bus, or on foot. Make sure to have your EU family member and a document proving your relationship with you in case you are asked. You are unlikely to be allowed to board a plane without an RC.
ali10 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:26 am
So how im going to travel me and my wife with invalid card? . Because we want to go in Spain for few days. :(

ali10
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by ali10 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:37 pm

I was reading in (directive 2004/38/ec of the European) and i find this

Article 13
Retention of the right of residence by family members in the event
of divorce, annulment of marriage or termination of registered partnership
1. Without prejudice to the second subparagraph, divorce, annulment of the Union citizen's
marriage or termination of his/her registered partnership, as referred to in point 2(b) of Article 2
shall not affect the right of residence of his/her family members who are nationals of a Member
State.

So that mean if i was still in Netherland i not lose my plastic card if i still have adresse there. Because one guy he told me this also. He tell me i can stay here if i still have adresse here and my wife go in Sweden apply for me there and when they answer then automatically my plastic card cancelled