ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

donny123

MN1 Application

Post by donny123 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi, I am really sorry if I asked same question which already someone asked here. I am trying to apply online for my both kids mn1 application, both of them born uk before I get ilr, if someone can help will be much appreciated.

1. Do I need to send my passport and BRP with supporting documents?
2. Do I need to send child’s passports with supporting documents? Or only birth certificate is enough.
3. Do I need to send our marriage certificate? As I don’t have marriage certificate and kids passport with me at the moment, that documents in HO for some reason.
4. So far I understand in the online application I need to put both referees details, do i need to print this online application form and take both referees signature and send with supporting documents?

Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: MN1 Application

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:11 pm

donny123 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:09 pm
Hi, I am really sorry if I asked same question which already someone asked here. I am trying to apply online for my both kids mn1 application, both of them born uk before I get ilr, if someone can help will be much appreciated.

You will attach scanned copy to the online application
2. Do I need to send child’s passports with supporting documents? Or only birth certificate is enough.
3. Do I need to send our marriage certificate? As I don’t have marriage certificate and kids passport with me at the moment, that documents in HO for some reason.
4. So far I understand in the online application I need to put both referees details, do i need to print this online application form and take both referees signature and send with supporting documents?

You will have to download the reference form, give to the referees to complete and then you will scan and upload online as with other documents. Please note that you will need the referees' information to complete the application form before you will be able to download the reference form

Thanks
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:38 am

donny123 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:09 pm

Thanks
Hello donny123,
I do not understand why you do not apply through The Nationality Checking Service (NCS) , i just did last week which had been quick and seamless Process , you do not need to send any original documents , The Nationality Checking Service (NCS) would certify your copied documents and you keep the original plus going through the MN1 application and they could spot something that might have been filled in by mistake or forgotten,
The Nationality Checking Service (NCS) will cease to operate by the end of this month , you should have one in the area where you live now,
there are some fees but it is really worth it
hope this has helped

donny123

Post by donny123 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:27 am

Hi , thanks both of you for your advice, yes I will try take appointment with NCS if I can as Christmas coming and they stopping their services.