ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Official sponsor letter for Tier 2 dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yuldo
Newly Registered
United States of America

Official sponsor letter for Tier 2 dependent

Post by yuldo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi, I have some confusion regarding the requirements for maintenance for my wife and son, for whom I am applying for visas at the same time as I apply for my own out of country Tier 2 general visa. My certificate of sponsorship states: 'Tick to certify maintenance for migrant (and dependants, if applicable): Y'.

So, when the visa website asks me what area of the maintenance requirement I am applying under, I assume I say 'Tier 2 skilled worker with A rated sponsor' - right? And then, when I am asked 'what official sponsor letter has been supplied as evidence?', can I just say 'Certificate of Sponsorship'? I have not been given any other letters from my future employer that discuss maintenance.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Official sponsor letter for Tier 2 dependent

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:22 pm

Should be enough as your CoS state that your employer will sponsor your dependents as well.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Jant
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jant » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:54 pm

Hello. May I know if the application to your dependants was a success? I have the same situation. I applied visa without my dependants as both we lacking some requirement that time. Now I would like to apply them as my dependants with the same COS as mine with a tick ‘Y’ on maintenance. But I would like to know if that would suffice? My COS is still valid until October. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

bakr35
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by bakr35 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:38 pm

i'm in the same situation , does anyone knows if there is a format for such letter ? I just need to know what exactly need to be written and I will ask my sponsor to do it for me.

buntydas13
Newly Registered

Post by buntydas13 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:12 pm

Its part of your Sponsor duties, so in your application form it would be mentioned that the maintenance would be beard by the sponsor. (No letter needed)