ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK FIANCÉE VISA GRANTED AFTER GIVING BIRTH

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Duchess07
Newly Registered
Mood:
Botswana

UK FIANCÉE VISA GRANTED AFTER GIVING BIRTH

Post by Duchess07 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:43 pm

Good day all

I applied for a fiancé visa in February 2018, It was unfairly denied in May. After appealing, the initial decision was overturned and have recently received a call email to submit my passport for the next step of the application.

My issue is that, when I applied for this visa I was pregnant and indicated that on my application and subsequent appeal communication. Now that I’ve been invited to submit my passport, what does it mean for my baby now as I have since given birth? Do I submit both our passports and hope my baby’s passport will come back with a visa too?

Please kindly advise as I would like to submit our passports as soon as possible.
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK FIANCÉE VISA GRANTED AFTER GIVING BIRTH

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:48 pm

No, your baby won't automatically get a visa. You would have to apply for one and pay the fees if the child is not British automatically (which presumably it is?).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Duchess07
Newly Registered
Mood:
Botswana

Post by Duchess07 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:47 am

Thank you for your reply. Would you happen to know under which Settlement visa category the application for the baby would be?

Also, after the HO requested us to withdraw the appeal when the initial decision was overturned, we stated in our withdrawal letter that we would do so on condition that they grant both the baby and I since the error was on their part in the first place. So are we correct to assume that, since the withdrawal was acknowledged without being contested, that they accepted the conditions of our withdrawal and have thus invited “us” to submit our passports?

Thanks again for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:38 am

You didn't apply for a visa for the baby so cannot demand HO issue one because of an error on YOUR application. As already mentioned, you have to apply and pay for a visa and complete the application form online like you did for yourself.

Is the child not British?? What nationality is the father or does he hold only ILR in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Duchess07
Newly Registered
Mood:
Botswana

Post by Duchess07 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Ok that makes sense. The father only has ILR since 2003 and has never applied for citizenship.