ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 Part-time Staff for Job Creation

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Iran

2 Jobs in 2 Different Businesses (1 job in each business)

Post by vdrago2k18 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:50 pm

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been covered and I can't seem to find it in the Policy Guidance.

I have 2 limited companies (different businesses) and was wondering whether the job creation requirement can be split between 2 businesses. In other words, can I hire one person for each business (totalling 2 jobs) instead of 2 people in 1 company ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: 2 Jobs in 2 Different Businesses (1 job in each business)

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:16 am

Yes you can
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Iran

Re: 2 Jobs in 2 Different Businesses (1 job in each business)

Post by vdrago2k18 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Thank you

vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Iran

Apprentice Hours for Job Creation

Post by vdrago2k18 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:58 pm

Hello,

I have noticed that there have been cases where applicants employed apprentices and this was accepted by the HO as job creation.

I have a specific question regarding the hours:

The HO states that a full-time post is defined as minimum of 30 hrs per week . If I was to take an apprentice, the apprentice will have to spend about 5-6 hours studying (which I as the emplotyer must pay for).

Now does those hours where the apprentice study and get paid count as hours included (so around 24 hours of work per week + 6 hours of study) ? Or do they need to work for 30 hours PLUS the hours they study (so they would be paid for 36 hours per week).

Thanks a lot

marcnath

Re: Apprentice Hours for Job Creation

Post by marcnath » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:10 pm

sohrabvazir wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:58 pm
Hello,

I have noticed that there have been cases where applicants employed apprentices and this was accepted by the HO as job creation.

I have a specific question regarding the hours:

The HO states that a full-time post is defined as minimum of 30 hrs per week . If I was to take an apprentice, the apprentice will have to spend about 5-6 hours studying (which I as the emplotyer must pay for).

Now does those hours where the apprentice study and get paid count as hours included (so around 24 hours of work per week + 6 hours of study) ? Or do they need to work for 30 hours PLUS the hours they study (so they would be paid for 36 hours per week).

Thanks a lot
That would be part of the work hours
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:33 am

It’s counted as part of work hours, after all you are paying for it.
Bizman

vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by vdrago2k18 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated

vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Iran

3 Part-time Staff for Job Creation

Post by vdrago2k18 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi,

I've tried to find the answer to this question but haven't found an answer so I'll ask here:

"Would having 3 part-time employees satisfy the job creation requirement for extension"

My understanding is that they need a minimum of 60 hours per week (2 full time jobs at 30 hours per week each) for 52 weeks. Plus, they accept the equivalent of full-time employees, I.E. part-time employees and as long as those jobs exist for at least 12 months.

So would having 3 part-time employees, each working a minimum of 20 hours per week (in total 60 hours) qualify for the hours/job creation ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 3 Part-time Staff for Job Creation

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:51 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:58 pm

sohrabvazir wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:07 pm
Hi,

I've tried to find the answer to this question but haven't found an answer so I'll ask here:

"Would having 3 part-time employees satisfy the job creation requirement for extension"

My understanding is that they need a minimum of 60 hours per week (2 full time jobs at 30 hours per week each) for 52 weeks. Plus, they accept the equivalent of full-time employees, I.E. part-time employees and as long as those jobs exist for at least 12 months.

So would having 3 part-time employees, each working a minimum of 20 hours per week (in total 60 hours) qualify for the hours/job creation ?
You are wrong in your understanding (that is highlighted above).

They need TWO jobs of 30 hrs each. Not ONE job of 60 hrs.

So, no, 3 PT employees of 20 hrs/week each do not make two FT jobs. Just 1 FT and 1 PT
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Iran

Re: 3 Part-time Jobs for Job Creation

Post by vdrago2k18 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:30 pm

Thanks for the prompt response.

Apologies I believe I used the wrong wording for the question. I meant 3 part-time jobs with each being 20 hours per week but I suspect that this will not be acceptable either and it would need to be a minimum of 4 part-time jobs .

marcnath

Re: 3 Part-time Jobs for Job Creation

Post by marcnath » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:34 pm

sohrabvazir wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:30 pm
Thanks for the prompt response.

Apologies I believe I used the wrong wording for the question. I meant 3 part-time jobs with each being 20 hours per week but I suspect that this will not be acceptable either and it would need to be a minimum of 4 part-time jobs .
Correct

vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by vdrago2k18 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:57 am

Hey marcnath and Zimba,

Thanks a lot for your insights on my previous questions. I'm currently wondering about whether the job titles/roles must be different in the case of part-time jobs. If we have 4 part-time employees in total. 2 of these do the same job/role, each for 15 hours per week (Job X).

The other 2 part-time jobs are different and one is for 15 hours and another for 20 hours so I assume these are fine.

In other words:

Job X: 2 part-time employees each working 15 hours per week (is this accepted or does one of them need to be a different job if we are combining part-time ?)

Job Z: 1 part-time employee working 15 hours per week

Job Y: 1 part-time employee working 20 hours per week

In terms of length, all of these positions will be for 12 months minimum.

Thanks a lot and would appreciate your thoughts.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:15 am

sohrabvazir wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:57 am
Hey marcnath and Zimba,

Thanks a lot for your insights on my previous questions. I'm currently wondering about whether the job titles/roles must be different in the case of part-time jobs. If we have 4 part-time employees in total. 2 of these do the same job/role, each for 15 hours per week (Job X).

The other 2 part-time jobs are different and one is for 15 hours and another for 20 hours so I assume these are fine.

In other words:

Job X: 2 part-time employees each working 15 hours per week (is this accepted or does one of them need to be a different job if we are combining part-time ?)

Job Z: 1 part-time employee working 15 hours per week

Job Y: 1 part-time employee working 20 hours per week

In terms of length, all of these positions will be for 12 months minimum.

Thanks a lot and would appreciate your thoughts.
Job titles are irrelevant

vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by vdrago2k18 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the continuous questions.

I am currently stuck on claiming points for a Customer Service apprenticeship.

We are considering to hire an apprentice. However, their first month will not be under an apprenticeship (as their training starts after that + apprenticeship agreement will be signed after that month).

Therefore, in their first month they will be paid the standard national minimum wage and will be working as "Customer Service Assistant' until they switch to "Customer Service Apprentice".

The person's job duties will be the same in their first month as a normal employee and after that during their apprenticeship but obviously the title/pay rate will change once they're signed up on the apprenticeship.

My question is: would that 1st month count towards the 12 month requirement ? or does the 12 month start from the day they work as "Customer Service Apprentice" and are paid the relevant wage.

Thank you so much

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:54 pm

vdrago2k18 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:17 pm
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the continuous questions.

I am currently stuck on claiming points for a Customer Service apprenticeship.

We are considering to hire an apprentice. However, their first month will not be under an apprenticeship (as their training starts after that + apprenticeship agreement will be signed after that month).

Therefore, in their first month they will be paid the standard national minimum wage and will be working as "Customer Service Assistant' until they switch to "Customer Service Apprentice".

The person's job duties will be the same in their first month as a normal employee and after that during their apprenticeship but obviously the title/pay rate will change once they're signed up on the apprenticeship.

My question is: would that 1st month count towards the 12 month requirement ? or does the 12 month start from the day they work as "Customer Service Apprentice" and are paid the relevant wage.

Thank you so much
It is the job, not the title, that matters.

If it is the same job, irrespective of the employment type or wages, you should be able to claim the full period.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:51 pm

Yes Marchnath is right
Bizman

vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by vdrago2k18 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:52 pm

Thanks for the insight.

I was worried that the apprenticeship with its own pay rate/title would be viewed as a different job to a standard job (despite consisting of the same duties) in the eyes of HO.