ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to ILR - Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sbh123
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General to ILR - Questions

Post by sbh123 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:40 am

Hello -

I have been in the UK for 5 years as a Tier 2 General Migrant and now applying for ILR. I have a few questions and would be grateful if you could help me.

1. I had once received a Penalty Notice for speeding at 58 mph on a 50 mph limit. I was offered to attend the speed awareness course which I did in time. Do I need to state that under the "Convictions and Other Penalties" section on the SET(O) form?

2. I have changed employers twice in the 5 years period as a Tier 2 General Migrant. So, I have made three Tier 2 visa applications in total. However, the documents checklist do not ask for any documents from the previous employers except the Absence letter. Do I need any other document from the previous employment(s) except the absence letters?

3. Since I have always been on Tier 2, I do not need to consider this point (below) in the documents checklist, can you please confirm my understanding is correct?

"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the
relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required,
please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website."

4. The document checklist asks for "Evidence of immigration status in the UK" - I assume this will be my BRP? It separately states the requirement for BRP and hence the confusion.

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR - Questions

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:37 am

1. I had once received a Penalty Notice for speeding at 58 mph on a 50 mph limit. I was offered to attend the speed awareness course which I did in time. Do I need to state that under the "Convictions and Other Penalties" section on the SET(O) form?
No. Only convictions should be declared
2. I have changed employers twice in the 5 years period as a Tier 2 General Migrant. So, I have made three Tier 2 visa applications in total. However, the documents checklist do not ask for any documents from the previous employers except the Absence letter. Do I need any other document from the previous employment(s) except the absence letters?
No
3. Since I have always been on Tier 2, I do not need to consider this point (below) in the documents checklist, can you please confirm my understanding is correct?
"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the
relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required,
Correct
4. The document checklist asks for "Evidence of immigration status in the UK" - I assume this will be my BRP? It separately states the requirement for BRP and hence the confusion.
Yes it is the BRP
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sbh123
Newly Registered

Post by sbh123 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:14 am

Thank you for your response. Appreciate it.

SNIVAS
Newly Registered
India

Post by SNIVAS » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:29 pm

3. Regarding the question below, I am also confused. But my situation is, I was on 'Post Study Work' visa for 2 years, before I have been granted my first Tier2 General Visa. So what Type of evidence do I need to provide in my case, for the below question.
Kindly Respond to me, Many Thanks in advance.

SNIVAS
Newly Registered
India

Post by SNIVAS » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:31 pm

3."For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required,
Regarding the question above, I am also confused. But my situation is, I was on 'Post Study Work' visa for 2 years, before I have been granted my first Tier2 General Visa. So what Type of evidence do I need to provide in my case, for the below question.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:33 pm

SNIVAS wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:29 pm
3. Regarding the question below, I am also confused. But my situation is, I was on 'Post Study Work' visa for 2 years, before I have been granted my first Tier2 General Visa. So what Type of evidence do I need to provide in my case, for the below question.
This is not a 'general discussion' topic.

Please start your own topic instead of tagging your obscure 'question' onto another members thread. It is unfair to the original poster and creates confusion when members respond.

See also point 12 in the forum rules FAQs (click to read)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.