ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The UKVCAS service experience for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

auslanderlh
Newly Registered

The UKVCAS service experience for ILR

Post by auslanderlh » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Hello guys,

Just share some of my own experience for UKVCAS which launched in November.

(1) How to book?

I filled the settlement application on 24 Nov 2018 from home office official website. It would guide you to select the new service "UKVCAS". After you paid for the super priority service on-line (£3019. XX), you will see a link to book for UKVCAS appointment. You need to input your post code, so the system will provide the nearest centres available. I selected the one in Glasgow. Then you can choose service type. I selected the "free one". They got other "value added" service, such as scan and lounge. Then you need to selected the date of appointment available. After the successful booking, you will receive the appointment confirmation which you need to bring to the centre.

(2) Attending the appointment

My appointment was on 4th December. Glasgow UKVCAS is not far away from Queen station in central Glasgow (about 8 minutes on foot). The whole process is very smooth and quick. I was guided to the self-service photo boots for finger print and taking photos. It is all automatic and took less than 3 minutes to finish. Then the staff guided me to a counter, another staff scanned all my documents ( he told me what documents he is looking for right now step by step). Finally you have all your original documents back (including your passport)

The whole process, from walking in the UKVCAS centre to leaving, was about half hour. It was very fast and convenient, according to my experience

(3) After the appointment

The nightmare started. UKVCAS would not give you any confirmation (in paper or e-mail) of your document submission. The super priority service set for 48 hours decision, while I am still waiting for the decision after two weeks.

(4) Question

I phoned the official helpline after one week of application requiring the outcome (expected to 48 hours decision), they sent an e-mail replies " our records show your application has not yet been completed".

Does it means "my application is still waiting for decision"?

I phoned the UKVCAS and they confirmed that my scanned documents were verified and submitted to home office.

No clue why a super priority service would take such a long period ( my case is very straightforward according my employer's HR).

Any guys have similar experience for a long time waiting after super priority service ?

Regards

H

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: The UKVCAS service experience for ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.