ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Online form - Required Documenthi

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lp281
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR - New Set O form - Application

Post by lp281 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:45 am

Hi

I am applying for my ILR using new online only SET O form. I have few questions for people who have knowledge or used it recently:

Question in form Set O- Do you have a valid national identity card? - I do not have one in UK although i applied in 2014. Shall I answer No?

Question in form Set O - When did you first enter the UK? - Under question it mentions "This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.". I originally arrived in UK in Oct 2010 on Tier 4 Student and then got Tier 1 PSW. My Tier 2 General started from 23 December 2013 so my 5 year route to ILR started from this date. To answer this question, shall i input Oct 2010 or 23 December 2013?

The name of my current company who sponsored my T2G visa has amended name from Limited to Plc. Shall I get a letter from employer confirming this name change and provide with ILR application?

UK Absences - I switched employer with T2G route. Do I need to get UK absence confirmation letter from previous Tier 2 sponsor as well ?

Cover letter for application - Can any one suggest template?

Many thanks in advance.

lp281
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR - New Set O form - Application

Post by lp281 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:50 pm

Hi All,

I am in process of applying ILR using online form. I will be completing 5 years in Tier 2 route on 23 Dec 2018. I had two employer during 5 years under tier 2 general, who sponsored my visa. I have few questions:

1. Absence letters from previous employer - I worked for 3.5 years out of 5 years with previous employer and took entitled paid annual leaves every years to visit home country. I never travelled outside UK for official purpose. Do I need to get letter from my previous employer confirming my absences from UK? I am confused as it is asking this for proof - "Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies"

2. Absence letter from New employer - same question as 1.

3. Change in current employer name - The name of my current employer is changed from limited to plc. Do I need a letter from the Company confirming the name change? Will it only be needed if they have already informed UKVI on name change?

4. In online form, I am asked the date i first came to the UK. Under this question, it is mentioned that this is the date you are basing your ILR on. Will it be the date when I came to UK as student in 2010 or the date when I got first Tier 2 general visa in 2013?

5. Question - Do you have a valid national identity card? - I applied in India the Aadhar card but do not have it in UK. Fine to answer "No" to this question?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR - New Set O form - Application

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:23 am

1. Absence letters from previous employer - I worked for 3.5 years out of 5 years with previous employer and took entitled paid annual leaves every years to visit home country. I never travelled outside UK for official purpose. Do I need to get letter from my previous employer confirming my absences from UK? I am confused as it is asking this for proof - "Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies"

2. Absence letter from New employer - same question as 1.
You need absence letter for absences from the UK only.
3. Change in current employer name - The name of my current employer is changed from limited to plc. Do I need a letter from the Company confirming the name change? Will it only be needed if they have already informed UKVI on name change?
No need
4. In online form, I am asked the date i first came to the UK. Under this question, it is mentioned that this is the date you are basing your ILR on. Will it be the date when I came to UK as student in 2010 or the date when I got first Tier 2 general visa in 2013?
Tier 2 switching date
5. Question - Do you have a valid national identity card? - I applied in India the Aadhar card but do not have it in UK. Fine to answer "No" to this question?
Just answer No
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lp281
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: ILR - New Set O form - Application

Post by lp281 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:52 am

Thank you Zimba.
On question 1 and 2 - Shall i get letter from both current and previous employers? Are letters needed for both personal and work related absences?

lp281
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR - Document checklist Question (Online Application)

Post by lp281 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:10 pm

Dear Forum member,

I have completed the online application and in document checklist, one of the requirements is below:

"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website."

Can i please ask if first Tier 2 approval letter which explains the points on the basis of which I got Tier 2 visa are explained such as Sponsorship, appropriate salary and english will suffice the need?

Am i missing anything here.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - Document checklist Question (Online Application)

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:59 pm

lp281 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Dear Forum member,

I have completed the online application and in document checklist, one of the requirements is below:

"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website."

Can i please ask if first Tier 2 approval letter which explains the points on the basis of which I got Tier 2 visa are explained such as Sponsorship, appropriate salary and english will suffice the need?

Am i missing anything here.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
If you are only relying on tier 2, there is nothing you need to submit. This question is for those relaying on a combination of Tier 1 and tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lp281
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: ILR - Document checklist Question (Online Application)

Post by lp281 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:02 pm

Thank you for response. I am indeed applying through Tier 2 General 5 year route.

lp281
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR - Online form - Required Documenthi

Post by lp281 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:13 pm

Hi,

As a part of my set O online form, below two are required as per document checklist:

-Proof of immigration status

-Current BRP

Are these two requirement not the same i.e., BRP?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - Online form - Required Documenthi

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:38 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:38 pm

lp281 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:13 pm
Hi,

As a part of my set O online form, below two are required as per document checklist:

-Proof of immigration status

-Current BRP

Are these two requirement not the same i.e., BRP?

Thanks
Same thing.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

lp281
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by lp281 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:42 pm

Thanks.

Sorry for new queries w new question. I will keep in same thread going forward.

rahuldwh2000

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:11 am

Hi

For cohabitation - are payslips accepted?

Thanks
R

rahuldwh2000

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:26 am

Hi

Further on question regarding cohabitation - are documents with 'initial' of first name, however with full surname accepted?

Thanks
R

rahuldwh2000

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:24 am

Can someone please provide answers to my queries on cohabitation document - if payslips are accepted? if documents with only initial of first name but full surname accepted?

Thanks
R

lp281
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by lp281 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Hi

I have taken appointment using Soprasteria. I have bought document scanning service for £35 but on invoice, it says document checking. Do i need to upload documents on my own or they will upload on the day of application?
Thanks

lp281
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by lp281 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi forum members,

I understand that photographs are not needed for ILR application. Can any one confirm if I am correct?

Thanks.