ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent - Partner

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sbh123
Newly Registered

PBS Dependent - Partner

Post by sbh123 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Hello -

My wife will be applying for an extension of PBS Dependent visa. She is self-employed and is the director of her company. I have a couple of questions:

1. Financial Support evidence - the personal savings account did not have a minimum of £630 throughout the last 90 days. Would it suffice if we provide an income letter from my wife's accountant stating her gross income in the form of salary and dividends?

Alternatively, would it work if I submitted my bank statements? I am not applying for a visa at the same time.

2. Maintenance Letter - since this is an extension, will she need a maintenance letter to support her application?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent - Partner

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:27 pm

1. No a letter won't be sufficient. It is mandatory to have maintained £630 for 90 days otherwise your application risks refusal. The is no rule that it is the applicant only that must have funds. Either of your bank statements can be used.

2. No. Presumably you are referring to your sponsor Certifying maintenance??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sbh123
Newly Registered

Post by sbh123 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi CR001 -

Thank you.

1. Ok, so I will submit statements from my bank account.
2. Yes.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:04 pm

2. If you hold ILR, your sponsor is no longer able to certify maintenance for your dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sbh123
Newly Registered

Post by sbh123 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:51 pm

I am applying for ILR and posted some questions regarding that in the ILR forum (would appreciate if you could advise. In this case, I just wanted to know whether maintenance letter is required for the PBS Dependent visa extension as my wife has already been living in the UK for more than 3 years now and is working.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:39 pm

sbh123 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:51 pm
I am applying for ILR and posted some questions regarding that in the ILR forum (would appreciate if you could advise. In this case, I just wanted to know whether maintenance letter is required for the PBS Dependent visa extension as my wife has already been living in the UK for more than 3 years now and is working.
NO!! You only need the bank statements to prove the 90 days maintenance funds. How long your dependent has been in the UK is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)