ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - help needed with some questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ranaatul
Newly Registered
India

ILR Questions

Post by ranaatul » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:35 am

Hi
I am applying for ILR for myself and my spouse. We have been in UK since Jul 2013. I am on T2 ICT and my spouse is on dependent visa. Our last visa extension was done in Sep 2018 and current leave to remain is valid till Sep 2020.

I had some questions while completing the online form. Appreciate the help with these.

1. We had a trip to India from Mid Nov 2018 to Early Dec 2018. In my documents I have employer letter covering this absence.

While completing the application form for spouse (Set(O) Partner), following question came through.

"Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?"

Could you please advice if this has to be answered as Yes. If the answer is Yes, what evidence can I provide for my spouse as reason for absence (she is not working so no employer letter for her).

2. In the documents section, one of the documents asked for is
"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."

I was in India before the start date of the period my application is based on (was in India prior Jul 2013). In that case what documents do I need to provide for this?

Thanks for the help in clarifying these.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Questions

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:47 am

I am on T2 ICT
You can't apply for ILR based on Tier 2 ICT if your visa was issued after 6th April 2010. ICT no longer leads to ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ranaatul
Newly Registered
India

Post by ranaatul » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:36 am

Sorry missed mentioning. My original Visa was issued in Dec 2008, so I believe I can still apply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:50 am

What is your full immigration history including visa start and expiry dates and whether an in UK extension or out of UK entry clearance since 2008??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ranaatul
Newly Registered
India

Post by ranaatul » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:22 pm

Original visa issued - Dec 2008. I was in UK from Dec 2008 till June 2012. During this period I had an extension to the visa processed while I was in UK. This extended my leave to remain till Dec 2013.

I returned India in June 2012 and returned to UK in Jul 2013 as Visa was still valid till Dec 2013. Post arrival in UK in Jul 2013 I have had 3 extensions to my visa - Once in Nov 2013, then in Oct 2015 and then in Sep 2018. All 3 extensions were filed and processed while I was in UK.

Please let me know if any other details are needed to help with my queries. Thanks for your help.

ranaatul
Newly Registered
India

Post by ranaatul » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:49 am

Hi
Could you kindly help with these queries.

Cheers

ranaatul
Newly Registered
India

Post by ranaatul » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Hi Moderator - could you kindly help...

ranaatul
Newly Registered
India

ILR - Need help

Post by ranaatul » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:40 am

Hi
I am applying for ILR for myself and my spouse. We have been in UK since Jul 2013. I am on T2 ICT (issued in Dec 2008) and my spouse is on dependent visa. Our last visa extension was done in Sep 2018 and current leave to remain is valid till Sep 2020.

All extensions to my original visa issues in 2008 have been flied and processed while I was in UK.

I had some questions while completing the online form. Appreciate the help with these.

1. We had a trip to India from Mid Nov 2018 to Early Dec 2018. In my documents I have employer letter covering this absence.

While completing the application form for spouse (Set(O) Partner), following question came through.

"Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?"

Could you please advice if this has to be answered as Yes. If the answer is Yes, what evidence can I provide for my spouse as reason for absence (she is not working so no employer letter for her).

"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."

I was in India before the start date of the period my application is based on (was in India prior Jul 2013). In that case what documents do I need to provide for this?

ranaatul
Newly Registered
India

ILR - help needed with some questions

Post by ranaatul » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:19 am

Hi
I am applying for ILR for myself and my spouse. We have been in UK since Jul 2013. I am on T2 ICT (issued in Dec 2008) and my spouse is on dependent visa. Our last visa extension was done in Sep 2018 and current leave to remain is valid till Sep 2020.

All extensions to my original visa issues in 2008 have been filed and processed while I was in UK.

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Re: ILR - help needed with some questions

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:11 pm

ranaatul wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:19 am
Hi

All extensions to my original visa issues in 2008 have been filed and processed while I was in UK.

Your case is complicated and you are not asking the questions clearly .... for example look at this YOU wrote They are asking """Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?" """
How can some one answer this ? because it seems to refer to something within SET o that you have not told us about ??? something about your history ?

the word leave granted means visa issued and not refering to leaving out of UK ...your next line is asking about absence so perhaps you do not understand the meaning ?

they are asking you this ......."For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."
I think .....they want you to show them how you met the criteria when you got that tier 2 ....

you have not had a huge amount of absences to be worried about so i think the reason for absence will not be a huge isuue.
try asking your questions a bit more clearly with background explained
good luck

I am not a lawyer or expert.and my knowledge is about Spouse not PBS
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014