ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JulianaCG
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by JulianaCG » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:54 pm

sriaccount wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:42 am
Date of Premium service appointment is your date of application. My ILR just approved today
I have submitted online application on 5th October but I am eligible from 6th November for ILR so I have booked my premium appointment on 14th November.

Many thanks for all your support from this Group
Hi, is this through the news system Sopra?

mahmoudsayed86
Newly Registered

Post by mahmoudsayed86 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:38 pm

JulianaCG wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:54 pm
sriaccount wrote:
Date of Premium service appointment is your date of application. My ILR just approved today
I have submitted online application on 5th October but I am eligible from 6th November for ILR so I have booked my premium appointment on 14th November.

Thanks very much and congratulations! did you apply using the new system? with the new Sopra system and new visa centers?

mahmoudsayed86
Newly Registered

Post by mahmoudsayed86 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:44 pm

JulianaCG wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:54 pm
sriaccount wrote:

I presume no because on 5th October the new system was not yet launched, we still need to ensure that this is still the case under the new system :(

JulianaCG
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by JulianaCG » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:31 pm

I presume no because on 5th October the new system was not yet launched, we still need to ensure that this is still the case under the new system :(
[/quote]

What should we do to rectify our online application? do we cancel this and re-apply?

mahmoudsayed86
Newly Registered

Post by mahmoudsayed86 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:35 pm

JulianaCG wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:31 pm
What should we do to rectify our online application? do we cancel this and re-apply?
[/quote]

I called the UKVI 3 times asking about this and they confirmed that no way to change any details in the application once submitted. If you cancel the application, you would lose the £3,018 you paid. They advised me to write a cover letter to the caseworker explaining the situation and submit it within the supporting documents but they said they cannot be sure about the outcome.

But this was their response to another mistake I did in the online application. However, they confirmed that the date of application is the date of appointment but I am still unsure about that

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:04 pm

mahmoudsayed86 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:35 pm
JulianaCG wrote:
I called the UKVI 3 times asking about this and they confirmed that no way to change any details in the application once submitted. If you cancel the application, you would lose the £3,018 you paid. They advised me to write a cover letter to the caseworker explaining the situation and submit it within the supporting documents but they said they cannot be sure about the outcome.

But this was their response to another mistake I did in the online application. However, they confirmed that the date of application is the date of appointment but I am still unsure about that
[/quote]

I am unsure why they say the date of appointment is the date of application whereas on the PBS guidance July 18 page 9 clearly says for online application (which is the only option under the new system) is when the application is submitted (as you can not amend any information post that date) and the fee is submitted.

Date of application
43. The date of your application will be taken to be the following:
For applications made in the United Kingdom:
• where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting; or
• where the application form is sent by courier, the date on which it is delivered to the Home
Office;
• where the application form is submitted online, the date when you submit your application
form and pay your application fee online.

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:11 pm

my only hope is that the HO will be seeing a spate of these slightly early applications this and next month as online becomes the only application method and they choose to be a little flexible as long as the appointment comes in the valid window.

the HO being flexible. Yeah right...

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:15 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:04 pm
mahmoudsayed86 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:35 pm
JulianaCG wrote:

I understand that for;

The main applicant its date of appointment (Applications for leave to remain; page 18)

The date of application for online applications is the date it is submitted via the online
process.
This date of application applies even where the applicant subsequently chooses to or is asked to, attend an in-person appointment.

and

For dependents is the date of application whereas on the PBS guidance July 18 page 9 clearly says for online application (which is the only option under the new system) is when the application is submitted (as you can not amend any information post that date) and the fee is submitted.

Date of application
43. The date of your application will be taken to be the following:
For applications made in the United Kingdom:
• where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting; or
• where the application form is sent by courier, the date on which it is delivered to the Home
Office;
• where the application form is submitted online, the date when you submit your application
form and pay your application fee online.

[/quote]

Hope that helps, I hope you will be good

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:58 pm

The date of application for online applications is the date it is submitted via the online
process. This date of application applies even where the applicant subsequently chooses to,
or is asked to, attend an in-person appointment.

When applying online, an applicant can choose to make an appointment at a premium service centre to submit their proof of identity, passport photos and supporting evidence in person. An applicant may also be requested by the Home Office to attend an appointment. Any appointment must be usually made and
attended within 45 business days of submission of the application online. The date with a premium appointment is when its submitted in person.

mahmoudsayed86
Newly Registered

Post by mahmoudsayed86 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi all

I finally got my BRP!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so relieved because now I can travel for xmas

,My time line is as follows:

I applied on 5 November 2018

I was entitled to apply starting 4th December

My appointment in Mark Lane was 5 December

I have not received any letters or emails, BRP just received today dated 6 December

My route is Set(O) Tier 2 General

I would also like to assure those who question whether applying (i.e. submitting online application) before you are entitled is a problem, I did that and there was no problem at all.

ANy questions please ask and I would be so happy to answer

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Congrats mahmoudsayed86,

Did you go for premium service? if so were you told about your decision on same day?
Considering you received your BRP next day I assume the answer is yes and yes but just want to confirm.
Also, was 4th December
A) Your Visa Start date - 28 days or
B) Your first entry to UK - 28 days?

Cheers
-LR

JulianaCG
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by JulianaCG » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:49 am

Just to update you all the I got my ILR BRP today!!!

I applied online Nov 19, i was eligible to apply on Nov 22 (28 days before my 5 year anniversary) My appointment is Dec 12th.

I explained on my cover letter that I applied too early online (few days) and that the day of my appointment is within the 28 days period.

mahmoudsayed86
Newly Registered

Post by mahmoudsayed86 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:01 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:24 pm
Congrats mahmoudsayed86,

Did you go for premium service? if so were you told about your decision on same day?
Considering you received your BRP next day I assume the answer is yes and yes but just want to confirm.
Also, was 4th December

Cheers
-LR
Thanks
I went for Sopra Steria new service in London premium lounge

The decision was communicated 5 days after my appointment but the date of the ILR was next day after my appointment.

My appointment was 5 December which is within 28 days of the fifth anniversary of my visa start date

I entered the UK 609 days after the start date of my entry clearance visa

I hope this helps

mahmoudsayed86
Newly Registered

Post by mahmoudsayed86 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:02 pm

mahmoudsayed86 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:01 pm
lifeRockss1 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:24 pm
Congrats mahmoudsayed86,

Also, was 4th December

Cheers
-LR
Thanks
I went for Sopra Steria new service in London premium lounge

The decision was communicated 5 days after my appointment but the date of the ILR was next day after my appointment.

My appointment was 5 December which is within 28 days of the fifth anniversary of my visa start date

I entered the UK 609 days after the start date of my entry clearance visa

I hope this helps
sorry there was a type: i entered the UK 60 days after the start date of my visa , obviously not 609!!!

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:01 pm

thanks for your reply mate appreciate it.

Coolraj
Newly Registered

Post by Coolraj » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:03 am

Hi mahmoudsayed86
Thanks for your genuine reply and reassuring that UKBA is flexible in considering the appointment date as application date.

I am really happy too that you must be enjoying your well earned vacation too.

I was trying the premium service appointment from last 1 week as I was looking for 45 days period at 4th Feb 2019.

In the whole process I never ever could see appointment dates so posted on this forum to which CR (admin of this group) replied to.

But in this whole confusion I finally decided to use new premium service and paid the fees.

But I am eligible for 28 days period only from 4th Feb. So when now I am checking this post really feeling scared as what date is considered - application submission or appointment date?

Can anyone still in the same position as mine? Or admin cr you have always been helpful in these crunch situations, can kindly advise please?

It's been almost two months otherwise I have to be under this immense tension!

Please help guys.

moizjamila
Newly Registered

Post by moizjamila » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:06 am

Coolraj wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:03 am
Hi mahmoudsayed86
Thanks for your genuine reply and reassuring that UKBA is flexible in considering the appointment date as application date.

I was trying the premium service appointment from last 1 week as I was looking for 45 days period at 4th Feb 2019.

In the whole process I never ever could see appointment dates so posted on this forum to which CR (admin of this group) replied to.

But in this whole confusion I finally decided to use new premium service and paid the fees.

But I am eligible for 28 days period only from 4th Feb. So when now I am checking this post really feeling scared as what date is considered - application submission or appointment date?

Can anyone still in the same position as mine? Or admin cr you have always been helpful in these crunch situations, can kindly advise please?

Please help guys.
------------
I am in same boat, applied 11th Dec, eligible to apply 1st Jan19 (within 28 days), date of Sopra Service appointment 07th Jan-19. Really scared, but will go for it as we cannot get a refund.

Moiz

Coolraj
Newly Registered

Post by Coolraj » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:48 am

Thanks Moiz and sorry to hear about the same.

Did u try to call UKBA HO for the same? I am planning to call them today.

It's really super confusing as old premium service option is still active on the site but couldn't book it and so I went ahead with the new system under same impression of 45 days.

Really terrific time for us within family and vacation time has turn out to be horrendous!!

I think considering this as a transition period, hopefully HO will still consider as we are still within the 28 days period by appointment.

Any other members please let us know if you have gone through the same experience please.

Regards

Yemi1984
Newly Registered

Post by Yemi1984 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:02 pm

I'm in the very same boat. Applied online for ILR set M on the 12th of December 2018 but not eligible till the 16th of january even tho I have booked my appointment for the 17th of january at sopra service. Lots of conflicting information about application date and appointment date. Seems like most people who have applied outside the maturity period haven't been refused on that ground.

Mrunal
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mrunal » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:16 pm

moizjamila wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:06 am
Coolraj wrote:
Hi mahmoudsayed86

Please help guys.
------------
I am in same boat, applied 11th Dec, eligible to apply 1st Jan19 (within 28 days), date of Sopra Service appointment 07th Jan-19. Really scared, but will go for it as we cannot get a refund.

Moiz
Hi moizjamila,
I am still having same confusion and have decided not to apply before 28 days eligibility period. But this leaves me with one worry is that how quickly I would be able to get an appointment.
e.g. you applied on 11th Dec and your appointment date is 07th Jan. It makes sense to take an appointment after 1st Jan19 but just wanted to check were you able to see available appointment dates anything sooner than 07th Jan? and if you were and if you remember, what was the earliest available date you were able to see?

Mrunal
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mrunal » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:22 pm

Yemi1984 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:02 pm
I'm in the very same boat. Applied online for ILR set M on the 12th of December 2018 but not eligible till the 16th of january even tho I have booked my appointment for the 17th of january at sopra service. Lots of conflicting information about application date and appointment date. Seems like most people who have applied outside the maturity period haven't been refused on that ground.
Hi Yemi1984,
Its same question as I asked to moizjamila above. When you were booking for appointment what was the earliest date available? like in next 2-3 days or at least within week?
Because of all these confusion I am planning to apply within 28 days of window and just want to know how quickly I will get appointment after I apply.
Also if you or anybody reading this forum see any risk of waiting for 28 days period before applying online?
Thanks.

OhBoy
Mood:

Post by OhBoy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:41 pm

If I can help you with my experience, might help some of you... I submitted my application around 28 days prior to expiration of the then current flr m. You are then directed to make an appointment with Sopra Steria, in my case there were a couple of available slots close to me, within just 4 or 5 days, so booked one of those... there were plenty of other available slots a week or two into the future. In my case Christmas and NY were going to intervene - so I took the earliest appointment I could get to. There are now a lot more locations for the Sopra appointments than there were under the previous arrangement, so the likelihood of there being little or no availability is very small. Though, if time should become a problem, it might be necessary to travel a little further where there is still available space at a more suitable time...
I was also caught up in the confusion over the previous system and the new (now current) system. But, just a case of press on... the guidance, with the experience and knowledge of those on this forum really helped me, as confused and panicked as I was from time to time, got me through...

mralmssp
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mralmssp » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:40 am

Sharing my experience with everyone.

I filled out the form and payed/submitted on 2nd of November. Super Priority(24 hrs decision)
My eligible period would start on 22nd of December(28 days from my first visa date).

Got an appointment for 28th of December at Bedford point Croydon 11 am.

Arrived at 10:30 straight to fingerprint scan and photo, got a number and waited
Got called out at 11:40.
Lady verified proof of id documents only, and didn't bother verifying it all.
Submitted my application on my behalf to home office.

On 29th Got e-mail from Case worker about missing my English test and life in the uk test, and absence letter from my previous employer(the employer denied to provide one and I had it all explained in my cover letter).
Sent the documents back(took a photo with my phone and e-mailed back)

On 30th around 12 got e-mail saying my ILR has been granted and my BRP will arrive soon by mail.

Hope it helps.

hdave01

Post by hdave01 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:40 pm

i All, I'm in similar situation. My details are mentioned below. Can anyone please tell me if a cover letter to explain this situation helped them?

I entered the UK first on 21st Feb 2014.
I have submitted the online Set (O) form under the new service on 22nd December, 2018.
I have booked super-priority appointment with Croydon centre for 28th January, 2019.

I called UK home office and the person told me that the date they will consider is the date on which I submitted my online set (O) form which is 22nd December. When I asked what my options are, he simply said that I can write to home office on their publicenquiries email ID and try to explain this in a cover letter on the day of my appointment. None of this helps at all.

What I don't understand is that when they were building the online system why didn't they add a simple check that stops you from submitting the application if you're not within your eligibility period? The set (O) form does ask you to enter the date on which you first entered the UK. Surely it is not that complicated to do a simple check of the first entry date and today's date to work-out whether a person is eligible or not? Really frustrating!!

Can anyone in similar situation and/or with more clear information please shed some light on this?

hdave01

Post by hdave01 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:25 pm

moizjamila wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:06 am
Coolraj wrote:
Hi mahmoudsayed86

Please help guys.
------------

Moiz
Hi Moiz, can you please post an update once you receive any correspondence on your application? I’m in same situation as you and worried that I applied early. It’ll be very helpful and reassuring to hear your experience

Many Thanks