ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents of evidence between online submission and Sopra Steria appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sawonz
Newly Registered

Documents of evidence between online submission and Sopra Steria appointment

Post by sawonz » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 am

Hi there,

I am about to apply for ILR Set (O) Tier 2 5 year route but wanted to check a couple of things and hope someone can help.

My most recent payslip is dated 29th Nov so I need to submit my online application before 29th Dec to be able to use this payslip (and I cannot use the Dec payslip as I am unlikely to be able to get this stamped by HR with my work closing the day after payslips get issued). I am planning to submit my application around 20th Dec as I am travelling abroad 22nd-29th, but have a Sopra Steria appointment for biometrics booked for when I return.

Do I need to include this travel in my application? Or is it only absences from the UK up to the online application date? If I opt for super priority, does this change anything (i.e. do I need to then include it as the date of application would then be the date of appointment?).

I am unsure of going for the priority option as I need to get an appointment before mid-Jan as my contract is getting extended and so need to have submitted my application in order to be able to continue working without a break (my actual visa expires 31/01/19).

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for any help!

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Re: Documents of evidence between online submission and Sopra Steria appointment

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:40 am

you are dealing with the most monsterous system ...so in a worst case scenario yes they could ask for the latest pay slip because the one you are submitting is more than 28 days old at the time and yes they could ask you to explain all absences... I think you will be ok . It is a holiday period so you cannot provide all the documents. Be prepared for this contingency. Good luck.

I am not a lawyer and have knowledge of SET m Spousal but not Pbs
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

sawonz
Newly Registered

Re: Documents of evidence between online submission and Sopra Steria appointment

Post by sawonz » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:47 pm

Thank you Samispousal,

I thought as much... I am planning to try to have my latest payslip just in case, but it is probably not going to be a certified copy.

Just to check, do you mean they may ask this if I go for the priority appointment? I assume if I go for the standard route then they can only ask for evidence up until the date of my online submission?

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:46 am

you can explain things in a cover letter (additional notes which i believe comes in the form itself ) to mitigate the situation in your favour.
surely you dont need payslip to be certified do you ?

YOU are saying " they can only ask for evidence up until the date of my online submission? "

No my dear friend ... they can ask for anything at anytime ..right up to the decision making point.. and even phone around to verify and double check any document ...
I am not sure about ILR but at the early stages (entry clearance )they asked me to get a more recent document and only gave me a few days small window so the document provider had to courier it to them as an extreme urgent priority. be prepared. tell your document providers that they may get a call from imm to verify.

yes you do need to explain absences ... yours is only a few days so it is not going to be harmful to your case.
and you do need to mention it because mentioning it is in your favour, to justify why you have not got latest payslip.

Good luck i still believe you will be ok because you do not have any obvious knock out problems on your case.
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

sawonz
Newly Registered

Post by sawonz » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:52 pm

I see, thanks very much for such a clear answer. I need the payslip stamped as it is electronic. My employer no longer provides physical copies.

However it seems that I may need to wait to apply until I am back in the UK anyway as I have been given contradictory evidence that travelling after online submission and before biometric appointment will be considered withdrawn. So I think it's best not to take the risk unless someone can confirm for certain that this is not the case!