ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

michali
Member of Standing

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by michali » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:56 am

I don’t know which area you live in but my nephew was able to book a free appointment at Croydon for Friday 21st and could have got one in Reading for £60. He said there were several available. He could have actually got one in Croydon for tomorrow the 17th but has not scanned or uploaded his documents yet so needed more time.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:07 am

michali wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:56 am
I don’t know which area you live in but my nephew was able to book a free appointment at Croydon for Friday 21st and could have got one in Reading for £60. He said there were several available. He could have actually got one in Croydon for tomorrow the 17th but has not scanned or uploaded his documents yet so needed more time.
I am in Cheshire so I would be looking at anything between Liverpool and Manchester but willing to drive further out if need be (perhaps in around London would be too difficult but may consider it if need be). I’ll do the premium lounge over the others in London. I’m willing to pay anything extra. Michali do you happen to know whether these Sopra Steria appointments can be rescheduled? For instance if I only find Jan 3, but a sooner appointment by miracle comes up, can we change? I recall it being an issue? I’m trying to find information on this forum but can’t find it...

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:10 am

Kancho wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:39 am
Its the appoinment date which must be within your qualifying period
allyf wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:00 am
AMH wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:32 pm
Kancho wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:36 am
Applied online for Set M using super priority service on 12 Dec paid £ 3018
Got email from HO next day stating received the application and being considered and it may takes up to 6 month .

dont know why they said this as it is 24hr service

Book appoinment at supra today paid £100 for 27 DEC

Qualifying period start from 23 dec
Applied online 12 dec
Appoinment at supra 27 dec
How can you submit an application before your Qualifying period? Can anyone advise if it's acceptable and does HO consider applications received before QP?
I agree, how are you applying ahead of your qualifying period?
Are you sure kancho? Please see following thread;
indefinite-leave-to-remain/submitted-on ... 67755.html

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:59 am

I seem to recall reading that if you cancel, you have to book again and may lose any payment you made but not sure that was a certainty. However, I think you may well be worrying unduly and you will get an early appointment when you apply, keeping in mind though that the holiday will eliminate a couple of days of availability. As the day of online application should be close to day of appointment, I would advise ensuring that you are eligible on the day of application submission online. Even though applicants are being approved having applied earlier than their eligibility date, I personally will not risk it until such time as HO confirm what is acceptable.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:27 pm

michali wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:56 am
Very interesting!!! I applied online at UKVI on 10 December and went straight to UKVCAS website to book appointment wanting principally to go to Reading. There were no appointments available in the visible 14-day availability window at any price. Just more evidence that Sopra Steria have completely lost the plot (I really hope they are reading this!!!)

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:46 pm

michali wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:59 am
I seem to recall reading that if you cancel, you have to book again and may lose any payment you made but not sure that was a certainty. However, I think you may well be worrying unduly and you will get an early appointment when you apply, keeping in mind though that the holiday will eliminate a couple of days of availability. As the day of online application should be close to day of appointment, I would advise ensuring that you are eligible on the day of application submission online. Even though applicants are being approved having applied earlier than their eligibility date, I personally will not risk it until such time as HO confirm what is acceptable.
I agree Michali I will not risk it either although many others on this forum are advising that they are submitting their application well ahead of their up eligibility and therefore able to book an appointment in advance. Obviously if I thought this was OK I would’ve booked two weeks ago and would have secured something this coming week!

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:03 pm

I should clarify, those who applied in November when the directive was quite obscure will probably be OK with applying earlier however, I think it’s pretty clear now that the application date and submission date are the same. In theory it should make sense as appointments should be available within five days. However, those who May have applied in the last couple weeks may not be as lucky and are taking a huge risk as they are jumping the line so to speak

Kancho
Newly Registered

Post by Kancho » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:45 pm

Well its lot confusion going on here simple is that

You apply online your application and it is not valid untill you attend the appoinment and provide mandatory ducuments

Your Supra Steria appoint sould be be within 28 days of you QP

CWC31
Newly Registered

Post by CWC31 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:43 am

This is my experience about the new appointment centre (Sopra Steria at Liverpool Central Library).

Type of visa: Tier 2 (General), switching from Tier 4

Submitted online application on 19th November 2018.

Appointment booked on 22th November 2018 at Sopra Steria at Liverpool Central Library. (Documents scanned and uploaded before the appointment). *My appointment was delayed for 40 minutes and the appointment was double booked (the centre was two days old).

My biometric and photograph was taken, and the whole process took just 10 minutes.

No acknowledgement email was received confirming the application is under consideration.

On 13th December 2018, an email was received from the home office confirming application HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL.

BRP was received on 17th December 2018 delivered by DX.

Hope it helps. Thank you.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:48 am

So tonight was the night I was finally able to book my appointment online. Luckily I was able to find appointments open at the Manchester location..one for this AM December 18, and one for December 24 at an extra cost of £100. I went for the 24th. There were no appointments available anywhere in the enhanced locations around the country..shocking!

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Hi guys

I need your help please. i hope i would get some guide from people who applied already with new system.

I am filling up the online application SET LR and come across few doubts as usual !

The application on top says - START- APPLICATION-DOCUMENTATION-DECLARATION-PAY- PRINT/DOWNLOAD.
It says in pdf - LR application.

1. when would the online application allows me to book an appointment via UKVCAS OR SOPRA System? or do we need to login to the third party website,pay and book?

2. the draft of application shows only 10 pdf pages? is it all ?

3. when would it allow me to upload the documents- could i upload as many as can or is there any restrictions in the size etc

4. Consent- declaration form? do we need to scan and upload it?

5. do we need to print the submitted application when we go for the appointment please?

Thanks in advance
kindest regards
vpr

In documentation section it still shows existing system? is it an error or what?

Providing your documents
You will be able to provide your documents after you submit your application, these can be originals or copies. Any passports provided must be originals. How you provide your documents will depend on whether you choose to use our new service or the existing one. You will be able to choose which service you want before submitting your application.

New service
If you choose our new standard, priority or super priority service, you will be able to upload copies of your evidence on our commercial partner’s website, or you can take your evidence to your appointment to be scanned and uploaded by our commercial partner (there may be a charge involved). Find out more about the benefits of the new service.

If we require passports, you must take the originals to your appointment.

Existing service
If you choose our existing service, you will need to post your documents to us, or you may be able to select our existing premium service to book an appointment at a premium service centre.

If we require passports, you must send the originals and not copies.

Your application may be rejected if you do not provide all mandatory documents.If your application is rejected due to documents not being provided, it will not be considered and an administration fee for each person included in the application will be deducted from your refund.

AMH

Post by AMH » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:34 pm

vpruk wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:55 pm
Hi guys

I need your help please. i hope i would get some guide from people who applied already with new system.

I am filling up the online application SET LR and come across few doubts as usual !

The application on top says - START- APPLICATION-DOCUMENTATION-DECLARATION-PAY- PRINT/DOWNLOAD.

1. when would the online application allows me to book an appointment via UKVCAS OR SOPRA System? or do we need to login to the third party website,pay and book?

3. when would it allow me to upload the documents- could i upload as many as can or is there any restrictions in the size etc

5. do we need to print the submitted application when we go for the appointment please?

Thanks in advance
kindest regards
vpr

In documentation section it still shows existing system? is it an error or what?

Providing your documents
You will be able to provide your documents after you submit your application, these can be originals or copies. Any passports provided must be originals. How you provide your documents will depend on whether you choose to use our new service or the existing one. You will be able to choose which service you want before submitting your application.

New service
If you choose our new standard, priority or super priority service, you will be able to upload copies of your evidence on our commercial partner’s website, or you can take your evidence to your appointment to be scanned and uploaded by our commercial partner (there may be a charge involved). Find out more about the benefits of the new service.

Existing service
If you choose our existing service, you will need to post your documents to us, or you may be able to select our existing premium service to book an appointment at a premium service centre.

Your application may be rejected if you do not provide all mandatory documents.If your application is rejected due to documents not being provided, it will not be considered and an administration fee for each person included in the application will be deducted from your refund.
1. Once you made the payment, you can able to access Sopra link to make the appointment. This link will be shown after your payment is confirmed. You need to create an account at Sopra.
2. Depends upon your application category. For Set LR, it's simple and straight forward.
3. You can upload all the required documents in Document upload section at Sopra web in you account. Certainly there is a size limit per document file.
4. Yes in Document upload section.
5. Not required. The aim is to get rid of paper applications.

The existing service is for applicants that already made appointments at PE Centre's. However this is only until January. Any new applicant must apply online and should book appointment at one of service points to enroll your biometrics.
7A8M6H

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:37 pm

AMH wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:34 pm
vpruk wrote:
Hi guys

Thanks in advance
kindest regards
vpr

Providing your documents

New service

Existing service

1. Once you made the payment, you can able to access Sopra link to make the appointment. This link will be shown after your payment is confirmed. You need to create an account at Sopra.
2. Depends upon your application category. For Set LR, it's simple and straight forward.
3. You can upload all the required documents in Document upload section at Sopra web in you account. Certainly there is a size limit per document file.

The existing service is for applicants that already made appointments at PE Centre's. However this is only until January. Any new applicant must apply online and should book appointment at one of service points to enroll your biometrics.
Thanks ever so much for you quick reply AMH. relieved the stress big time now.

AMH

Post by AMH » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:56 pm

vpruk wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:37 pm
AMH wrote:
vpruk wrote:
Hi guys

Thanks in advance
kindest regards
vpr

Providing your documents

New service

Existing service

Thanks ever so much for you quick reply AMH. relieved the stress big time now.
Further information can be obtained at https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal
7A8M6H

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:24 pm

AMH wrote:
vpruk wrote:
Hi guys

Thanks in advance
kindest regards
vpr

Providing your documents

New service

Existing service

Hi AMH, maybe you can help...I have been uploading onto Sopra Steria and when I use higher quality (color) it would be bigger than 6MB. However if I changed to black and white it wasn’t as large or a file BUT the quality was much less (harder to read). Did you run into anything like that? More importantly, Will it be accepted ?

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:32 pm

allyf wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:24 pm
AMH wrote:
vpruk wrote:
Hi guys

Thanks in advance
kindest regards
vpr

Providing your documents

New service

Existing service

Hi AMH, maybe you can help...I have been uploading onto Sopra Steria and when I use higher quality (color) it would be bigger than 6MB. However if I changed to black and white it wasn’t as large or a file BUT the quality was much less (harder to read). Did you run into anything like that? More importantly, Will it be accepted ?
Hi allyf

are you applying SET -LR too. If so, please tell me totally how many pages of application in pdf it shows after completing before declaration ?

Also have you paid the fees? does it show any option for priority services and standard service?

Uploading documents - can we uploading as many as we can or are there any limitation in number of documents please. i understand each file much be less than 6MB.

thanks and looking for ur reply

Good luck with ur application process too

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:34 pm

vpruk wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:32 pm
Hi allyf

are you applying SET -LR too. If so, please tell me totally how many pages of application in pdf it shows after completing before declaration ?

Also have you paid the fees? does it show any option for priority services and standard service?

Uploading documents - can we uploading as many as we can or are there any limitation in number of documents please. i understand each file much be less than 6MB.

Useful to read members previous posts to understand their route. It is Set M that allyf is applying under not Set LR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:34 pm
vpruk wrote:
Hi allyf

Useful to read members previous posts to understand their route. It is Set M that allyf is applying under not Set LR.

Hi CR001

Apologize. sorry i doubted that is why i asked ?

looking for some reply from other members who used the new system in regards to uploading scan documents? this process made things harder i would say.

thanks
vpr

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:43 pm

vpruk wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:39 pm
CR001 wrote:
vpruk wrote:
Hi allyf

Hi CR001

looking for some reply from other members who used the new system in regards to uploading scan documents? this process made things harder i would say.

thanks
vpr
As you are aware, there are very limited documents required for long residence ILR so not sure what all you plan on scanning and uploading.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:43 pm
vpruk wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:39 pm
CR001 wrote:
vpruk wrote:
Hi allyf

Hi CR001

thanks
vpr
As you are aware, there are very limited documents required for long residence ILR so not sure what all you plan on scanning and uploading.
Hi CR001,

I am aware and as i have completed the application- the doc required are all passports, liuk+ English; it does also ask for my wife and baby passport; proof of marriage and also address proof for last 2 years which i think is new in SET LR form.

Passport pages for me itself totally 50+ pages- so more files to upload hence asked them how they did it.

Thanks for your reply CR001.

i would take this opportunity to say this ''you are always the best as ever'' Keep up your good work x

Regards
VPR

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:17 pm

vpruk wrote:
allyf wrote:
AMH wrote:
vpruk wrote:
Hi guys

Thanks in advance
kindest regards
vpr

Providing your documents

New service

Existing service

Hi allyf

Hi Vpruk,
I am applying through Set M so documents will be slightly different. The uploading process is very easy to understand, everything is rather user friendly. Just put your documents under a single PDF file.(.ie proof of address if you have 12 pieces attach as one big PDF). My only issue was uploading the passports...each page at a good quality and within 6MB was nearly impossible...

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:27 pm

allyf wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:17 pm
vpruk wrote:
allyf wrote:
AMH wrote:

Hi allyf

Hi Vpruk,
I am applying through Set M so documents will be slightly different. The uploading process is very easy to understand, everything is rather user friendly. Just put your documents under a single PDF file.(.ie proof of address if you have 12 pieces attach as one big PDF). My only issue was uploading the passports...each page at a good quality and within 6MB was nearly impossible...
Thanks Allyf,

just one silly question, sorry. Would the system allow us to upload or attach more files as we do in emails or only one file upload button. i have scanned all documents as pdf file each page separately. how to make it in one big file- i dont know ? could you please guide me.

thanks
vpr

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:41 am

[/quote]

Hi Vpruk,
[/quote]

Hi Allyf and vpruk

about scanning

there are various ways to reduce the size of a pdf scan, but some require too much tech savvy, my solution was to use the scanner settings to reduce the scan quality down to 150dpi, so a 32-page colour passport scan came out at just over 2MB

no other documents came close to 2MB

Kancho
Newly Registered

Post by Kancho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:49 pm

As far i know For set M application you need only your and your spouse passport main page you dont have to scan all the empty pages

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:56 am

I am applying through Set M and just to be safe I have uploaded every single page of my passport (new and previous old one which had my fiancé visa) and my husband’s passport. It was very difficult to get the scanned pages down to under 6MB each. I’m not completely sure myself how my husband did it...but i think it was scanned then copied into PAINT, then resized and cropped which kept the high resolution but all fit in a pdf under 6MB. It took ages to do, but I’m content it is done well. I hold a Canadian Passport with many pages of visa’s and stamps so had to ensure those were visible to read. A very riveting task to say the least! Now I’m sure Sopra Steria will tell me it all wrong and I’m back to square one 🙄