ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

long residence while decision pending

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dxbdxb

long residence while decision pending

Post by dxbdxb » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:02 pm

Dear Memebers,
Please need your valuable opinion,
I am waiting for my extension decision 50k route nearly 19 months.
10 years is completing on 24 Dec 2018 .
i would like to know if i want to vary my application to LR, do i need to submit any documents from my business?
What will be the best option to apply for LR? online or one day service if available.
i have also 5 dependent 3 born in the uk 8 years, 3 years and 2 years, mrs and daughter came to uk in 2010 nearly 9 years, do we need to apply together?
what document do i need to submit with LR, if some one in the same boat and got LR, please need your inputs and any list of document submitted with LR application.
specially from immigration board gurus.

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: long residence while decision pending

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:18 pm

You should apply online for SET(LR). There is no required business documents to submit.
ILR under the SET(LR) route is granted ONLY to an individual who has lived here legally for 10 years, so there is no such a thing as a dependant under SET(LR) :!:
When you get ILR, your UK born children can register as British citizens directly.
Non-eligible dependants must switch to FLR(M) until eligible for ILR on their own, either under SET(M) or SET(LR).
Switching to FLR(M) will reset their ILR clock under PBS route. FLR(M) also has a financial requirement to satisfy :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dxbdxb

Post by dxbdxb » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Thanks zimba for your valuable advise, one more thing to clarify please,
i came to uk on 27th of jan 2009 but my visa was issued on 22nd of jan 2009 so my 10 years clock start from the visa issue date or from entry date? Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:21 pm

dxbdxb wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:20 pm
Thanks zimba for your valuable advise, one more thing to clarify please,
i came to uk on 27th of jan 2009 but my visa was issued on 22nd of jan 2009 so my 10 years clock start from the visa issue date or from entry date? Thanks.
For ILR based on long residence is starts from the date you ENTERED the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dxbdxb

Post by dxbdxb » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:42 pm

Thanks for your quick reply CR001, i was reading today on www.gov.uk could please someone clarify what does it mean below highlighted in the red.

Eligibility
You must have permission to stay (‘leave to remain’). This can be in any immigration category, or a combination of different immigration categories.

You must also have:
been in the UK legally for 10 years (known as your ‘continuous residence’)
kept to the terms of your UK visa
If you’re aged 18 to 65 years old, you must:

pass the Life in the UK Test
prove you have sufficient English language skills
If you do not meet these 2 requirements you can apply to extend.

Your 10-year qualifying period starts from either:

when you arrived in the UK with a visa
when you were given permission to stay in the UK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:36 pm

The 'when you were given permission to stay' is when an overstayer or illegal migrant in the UK is granted leave to remain while in the UK. This does not apply to you. It is date of entry to the UK that you have to use.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dxbdxb

Post by dxbdxb » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:35 pm

Thanks for your advise CR001, i would also like to request other members those who got the ILR on 10 years (LR) basis, what documents do i need to submit with the application.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:01 am

The form and guidance notes states clearly what minimal documents are required. Have you done any research or reading on the forum??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dxbdxb

Post by dxbdxb » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:29 pm

Thanks CR001,the guidance and paper form says below documents, the form version is FLR(LR) version 11/2018. do i need to submit these all documents?
i have also a question while submitting online application can i very my application? do i need to write a letter or just to mention in the form, thanks for your help and advise.

Doctor’s letter(s) showing registration for each year of your stay and letters from hospital(s)
or other local health service(s)
Council tax letter(s) or bills for each year of your stay
Gas, electricity and water and other domestic bills or statements for each year of your stay
National Insurance contribution records for each year of your stay or P60 forms
HM Revenue and Custom/Inland Revenue letter(s) and/or P60 statements of income tax
paid
Employer(s) letter(s) confirming the dates during which you have been employed
Department for Work and Pensions letter(s) and letters or other documents from other
government departments or agencies
Full birth certificate(s), ie one which shows the parents names for any of your children
born in the UK
Mortgage document(s) showing any property you own in the UK and/or a letter from your
landord confirming the period of your tenancy
Any other documents/details which support your application

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:36 pm

FLR LR is not the correct form.

For ILR based on long residence it is SET LR form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dxbdxb

Post by dxbdxb » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:37 pm

Dear Memebers,

I need to clear few more questions.
I would like to vary my application how it work with the new system?
my all passports with the home office while submitting the application or going for an appointment i wont be able to upload any passport or show to the appointment team, please need your advise.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:36 pm

dxbdxb wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:37 pm
Dear Memebers,

I need to clear few more questions.
I would like to vary my application how it work with the new system?
my all passports with the home office while submitting the application or going for an appointment i wont be able to upload any passport or show to the appointment team, please need your advise.
You should apply under long residence as usual. You will not be expected to upload passport photos as your documents are with HO
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dxbdxb

Post by dxbdxb » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:33 pm

Thanks Zimba for your quick reply your always kind.
Under the new system can we go for premium service?
how long the premium service take?
Fee for the premium service under the new system.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:48 pm

There is NO premium service. :!:
Online applications, UKVCAS appointments & BRP queries - Read before you post

You must apply online and book an appointment with UKVCAS to submit Biometrics in person

dxbdxb

Post by dxbdxb » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:23 pm

thanks zimba
one.more thing, to clear with senior memebers i am going to fill the online set(lr) form they ask for the employment and annual income my consultant said put 30K, mine is less than 30k, please need your valuable advise. thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:30 pm

dxbdxb wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:23 pm
thanks zimba
one.more thing, to clear with senior memebers i am going to fill the online set(lr) form they ask for the employment and annual income my consultant said put 30K, mine is less than 30k, please need your valuable advise. thanks
There is no income requirement for long residence ILR. If the form does ask for your salary you MUST not lie. HO has full access to your employment and tax records. If you have an "advisor" suggesting you lie on an official HO application, I would reconsider taking his advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:07 pm

Indeed. Deception will disqualify applicants and subject them to a possible 10 year ban, even if they satisfied the requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dxbdxb

Post by dxbdxb » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:12 pm

thanks vinny and cr001 for the quick reply, i told my advisor whatever I am getting i will mention that income, he said you will have finance problem with your dependant visa, i think we should not agree with the advisor on every question the home office ask in the online form, i am in the middle of the application one more question please in my mind with the new online system can we apply on any day of the week?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:20 pm

dxbdxb wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:12 pm
thanks vinny and cr001 for the quick reply, i told my advisor whatever I am getting i will mention that income, he said you will have finance problem with your dependant visa, i think we should not agree with the advisor on every question the home office ask in the online form, i am in the middle of the application one more question please in my mind with the new online system can we apply on any day of the week?
The financial requirement for a spouse visa is only £18,600pa. Not sure what your so called advisor is going on about or where it states £30j is required. Hope you are not being charged a fortune for such poor and incorrect advice.

Note also that a set LR is completely separate and independent to a spouse visa application.

Yes you can apply on any day depending on appointment availability in your chosen location
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dxbdxb

Post by dxbdxb » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:13 am

thanks CR001 for your honest advise, actually it's very simple application, my application is nearly done.
Two option the ask
New system
old system
just to clear which is the option for me in this stage
thanks..

dxbdxb

Post by dxbdxb » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:53 pm

Dear Members
i have submitted my application for 24 hours decision service and got an appointment next week in core centre manchester, i bought the document checking service to make sure i uploaded the correct documents.
I have few questions.
The documents i uploaded all the Passports and BRP photocopies, i don't have the original, the original one submitted to the home office for my entrepreneur visa does it make any difference when i go for my appointment?
I would like to very my application do i need to mention it somewhere? like to write a cover letter?
i have 5 dependent my mrs and 4 children, i have already submitted 4 dependant application with my entrepreneur visa as a dependant only my youngest daughter born while the entrepreneur visa was in process and still the decision is pending what will be her status?
do i need to mention about the dependant in the cover letter? if yes what to mention and what category they will switch to ?
if they make a decision what about my children application status which is already pending for the decision with my entrepreneur application, do i need to mention in the cover letter to switch them to another category or i have to apply again for my dependent?
please need your advise.
Thanks in advance.

dxbdxb

Post by dxbdxb » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:48 pm

Thanks Zimba,Vinny and CR001.

Got the approval letter.

Online Application 7th Jan
Biometric Appointment 17 Jan
Approval letter received 19 Jan.
thanks again for your kind and honest advise.

dxbdxb

Post by dxbdxb » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:31 pm

Hello Senior members,
Could you please help me regarding my dependent application, i got my ILR on 10 years route, as i mentioned earlier my T1 Entrepreneur decision was pending with my dependent, as zimba mentioned your dependent will switch to FLR(M) route.
My question is i am going to apply to register my 3 dependent born in the uk as a british national is it right?
Other 2 dpepent my Mrs and my daughter been here for 9 years, can my daughter can apply under 7 year rule? or any other route for her?
my mrs and daughter application is still with the home office do i need to write to them or shall i wait for them what they are going to decide my solicitor told me wait for them is it right to wait for them?
if i want to apply for them what will be the procedure for my dependent my mrs and daughter,do i need to pay an extra application fee and wait for the previous fee refund.
My and 3 dependent application fee for the previous T1 Dependent visa is till with the home office do i need to write a letter for the refund?.
I will also get the IHS charges refund for me and my 3 dependent?
Thanks again to all members those who help me and advise me in my 1o years ILR.