ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

asingh42

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by asingh42 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:21 pm

Khayrulewara wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:53 am
asingh42 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:02 pm
Well after the decision email yesterday I am feeling even more strssed about the outcome. I can track the passport and see that it has reached my local area but I just can't help but stress about it as I have to wait till tomorrow to find out.

My wife submitted the passport locally at chandigarh India but I can see from tracking it is being sent back from New Delhi. Maybe they sent it to stamp visa in her passport ? :|
How did u track the passport ?
I requested the passport to be sent visa post so once I received the email that decision has been made I used the visa application reference starting GWF on the tracking website which ofcourse would be differnt according to individual country. In india it is Blue Dart.

Sheikh1234
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sheikh1234 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:08 pm

Hi everyone
I applied on 19thmarch
Biometric 20th March
Not straightforward email 7june 2018
Escalated many times but still same answer saying it's not straightforward and they cannot give me a timescale. Last email on 14 December saying same thing that they r working on my application
Today 9months anyone with same conditions who applied in march

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:32 pm

Sheikh1234 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:08 pm
Hi everyone
I applied on 19thmarch
Biometric 20th March
Not straightforward email 7june 2018
Escalated many times but still same answer saying it's not straightforward and they cannot give me a timescale. Last email on 14 December saying same thing that they r working on my application
Today 9months anyone with same conditions who applied in march

Yah same with me too applied in January tho. Nearly a year for me with no luck no idea wat to do contacted no and escalated too but nothing just have to.keep waiting

Bilal4500
Pakistan

Post by Bilal4500 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:39 am

I emailed my mp yesterday, he hasn't replied me yet, any idea how long they take to answer?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:38 am

Depends how busy they are - during xmas period they will probably be slower to reply
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

treena41
Newly Registered

Post by treena41 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:32 am

Bilal4500 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:39 am
I emailed my mp yesterday, he hasn't replied me yet, any idea how long they take to answer?
Hi Bilal4500,
I contacted my MP last week and they got back to me Monday,so approx a week for us.

She was ever so nice, however she did make an enquiry for us but that is all she could do,and was told the same as i got told (to wait, Sigh!) and that her hands are tied and can do no more, we just have to wait for a decision to be made.
Its so hard, best of luck to you and everyone waiting, god willing we all get a good decision soon.

Bilal4500
Pakistan

Post by Bilal4500 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:57 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:38 am
Depends how busy they are - during xmas period they will probably be slower to reply
Ok thank you

Bilal4500
Pakistan

Post by Bilal4500 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:59 am

treena41 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:32 am
Bilal4500 wrote:
Hi Bilal4500,
I contacted my MP last week and they got back to me Monday,so approx a week for us.

She was ever so nice, however she did make an enquiry for us but that is all she could do,and was told the same as i got told (to wait, Sigh!) and that her hands are tied and can do no more, we just have to wait for a decision to be made.
Its so hard, best of luck to you and everyone waiting, god willing we all get a good decision soon.
Ok thank you, habe u emailed her or you personally met her, and what information u sent to her.? I only send my fiance name his dob passport num and homeoffice reference number, is this enough?

Daisy2018
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Daisy2018 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi, does anyone know if HO are closed all Christmas week?

Laiba_123
Newly Registered

Post by Laiba_123 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:56 pm

Laiba_123 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:20 pm
Laiba_123 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:09 am
This will be long but bear with me...
Country applying from: Lahore, Pakistan
Type of visa applied for: Spouse Settlement Husband (non priority)
Application submitted: 28th March 2018
Biometrics enrolled at: 4 April 2018
Supporting documents sent to Sheffield on: 6th April 2018
Supporting documents received back from Sheffield on: Not yet

Email received to my solicitor that my application is with Entry Clearance officer: 18/04/18
Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable): 28th June, was about 23 minutes call
Employer contact by UKVI: Same day and right after my call
Email received with 'application is not straightforward': Did not receive

I emailed them several times in September, October and November. All their replies are helpless! They escalated my case on 1st October 2018 and told me I'll get an reply in 15 working days.

22/10/18 - Email received to my solicitor:

Dear Mr XXXX

Regarding Visa Application: XXXX
For XXXX

We have received an enquiry regarding your application process.
We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.
We appreciate your patience at this time, and will update you as and when we have any additional information.

Reply from escalation
Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay and inconvenience.
We have escalated your case to the concerned authority and who will contact you as soon as possible.

Your patience is highly appreciated.

It's been 161 working days since biometric and more than 7 months and I haven't gotten a decision. I don't know what to do. My solicitor told me to make an appointment with the local MP but was reading some of your comments saying they give the same reply to the MP.
They are being so annoying and it's killing me inside. Everyone that has applied after me got a reply within 3 months, few of family members, just my husband's case is taking long.
So after getting your replies, I involved my local MP and went to visit him on the 20th Nov. I emailed HO on 6/11/2018 for an update and received a reply today. It says:

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. However the visa application centre will be in contact with you in regards to collection or delivery of your passport.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

Regards,

Xxxxx
UK Visas and Immigration

I read a few comments saying they sometimes say that and but doesn't mean they've actually made a decision. Can you tell me if that's true and can you tell me how long will take for my husband to receive the call/text to collect his passport?

Replies are much appreciated, thank you.
After about 8 months and a long, stressful wait. My husband has finally been granted the Visa ALHAMDULILLAH.
I hope that those who are waiting, will soon receive good news.

Blighty

Post by Blighty » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:58 pm

Daisy2018 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:26 pm
The HO will be closed for the bank holidays ... see https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays

Most UK people take two weeks during Christmas / New Year, and so minimal staffing levels will be available from 21st December until 7th January. Sheffield schools restart on 7th January.

Bilal4500
Pakistan

Post by Bilal4500 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Laiba_123 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:56 pm
Laiba_123 wrote:
Laiba_123 wrote:

Email received to my solicitor that my application is with Entry Clearance officer: 18/04/18

I emailed them several times in September, October and November. All their replies are helpless! They escalated my case on 1st October 2018 and told me I'll get an reply in 15 working days.

Dear Mr XXXX

For XXXX

We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.
We appreciate your patience at this time, and will update you as and when we have any additional information.

Reply from escalation
Dear XXXX,

We have escalated your case to the concerned authority and who will contact you as soon as possible.

It's been 161 working days since biometric and more than 7 months and I haven't gotten a decision. I don't know what to do. My solicitor told me to make an appointment with the local MP but was reading some of your comments saying they give the same reply to the MP.
They are being so annoying and it's killing me inside. Everyone that has applied after me got a reply within 3 months, few of family members, just my husband's case is taking long.
So after getting your replies, I involved my local MP and went to visit him on the 20th Nov. I emailed HO on 6/11/2018 for an update and received a reply today. It says:

Dear XXXX,

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. However the visa application centre will be in contact with you in regards to collection or delivery of your passport.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

Regards,

Xxxxx
UK Visas and Immigration

I read a few comments saying they sometimes say that and but doesn't mean they've actually made a decision. Can you tell me if that's true and can you tell me how long will take for my husband to receive the call/text to collect his passport?

After about 8 months and a long, stressful wait. My husband has finally been granted the Visa ALHAMDULILLAH.
Congratulations, do u think your mp involvation with home office helpd you, coz i e-mailed my mp 2 days before, he hasn't teplied me yet

Laiba_123
Newly Registered

Post by Laiba_123 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Bilal4500 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:59 pm
Laiba_123 wrote:
Laiba_123 wrote:
Laiba_123 wrote:

Dear Mr XXXX

For XXXX

Reply from escalation
Dear XXXX,

Dear XXXX,

Regards,

Xxxxx
UK Visas and Immigration

Congratulations, do u think your mp involvation with home office helpd you, coz i e-mailed my mp 2 days before, he hasn't teplied me yet
To be honest, it's all in Allah's hands so I don't know. I have contacted HO more than 10 times and last option was MP. I think if you've contacted HO couple of times then you should be patient because there is no point wasting money and time with them. They will just reply with the same old. One thing my MP told me is that they are a bit behind, especially in Pakistan and India. They don't know why but they just are. Also, he told me that they are trying to wrap up all the applications from this year before the new years. In'sha'Allah you will hear good news before 2019.

Daisy2018
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Daisy2018 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:12 pm

Blighty wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:58 pm
Daisy2018 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:26 pm
The HO will be closed for the bank holidays ... see https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays

Most UK people take two weeks during Christmas / New Year, and so minimal staffing levels will be available from 21st December until 7th January. Sheffield schools restart on 7th January.
Thanks

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:35 am

Laiba_123 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:28 pm
Bilal4500 wrote:
Laiba_123 wrote:
Laiba_123 wrote:

Dear XXXX,

Regards,

Xxxxx
UK Visas and Immigration

To be honest, it's all in Allah's hands so I don't know. I have contacted HO more than 10 times and last option was MP. I think if you've contacted HO couple of times then you should be patient because there is no point wasting money and time with them. They will just reply with the same old. One thing my MP told me is that they are a bit behind, especially in Pakistan and India. They don't know why but they just are. Also, he told me that they are trying to wrap up all the applications from this year before the new years. In'sha'Allah you will hear good news before 2019.
Well I surely hope they so as mine I've applied in January and still got no reply. Nearly 1 year seriously anyone else applied in January or is it just my bad luck

Bilal4500
Pakistan

Post by Bilal4500 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:46 am

Laiba_123 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:28 pm
Bilal4500 wrote:
Laiba_123 wrote:
Laiba_123 wrote:

Dear XXXX,

Regards,

Xxxxx
UK Visas and Immigration

InshAllah, thank you so much for your time

Bilal4500
Pakistan

Post by Bilal4500 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:36 am

I just hve response from mp, he asked for my address, is this normal?

Thelugi
Spain

Post by Thelugi » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:00 pm

Bilal4500 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:36 am
Hi Bibal4500, I can imagine that the MP might just want to know that you are in fact living in his/her constituency to confirm whether he/she is your right MP representative.

Nonuuk92
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Nonuuk92 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:30 pm

uddin000 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:59 pm
Here my timeline..

Spouse visa settlement (2nd application)
Applicant Country: bangladesh (Wife)
Non-priority
Online application: 8/10/2018
Biometrics completed: 10/10/2018

Documents returned with letter from UKVI: 3/11/2018

Recieved Email " Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer" on 12/11/2018

Employers contacted for phone interview: 7 December 2018

Sponsor contacted for phone interview: 7 december 2018

Awaiting final result..
Hi can u share your employer interview please

uddin000

Post by uddin000 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:35 pm

Nonuuk92 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:30 pm
uddin000 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:59 pm
Here my timeline..

Spouse visa settlement (2nd application)
Applicant Country: bangladesh (Wife)
Non-priority
Online application: 8/10/2018
Biometrics completed: 10/10/2018

Documents returned with letter from UKVI: 3/11/2018

Recieved Email " Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer" on 12/11/2018

Employers contacted for phone interview: 7 December 2018

Sponsor contacted for phone interview: 7 december 2018

Awaiting final result..
Hi can u share your employer interview please
We got call from home office asking questions about my jobs, and my employers were interviewed too.(i have 2 jobs).my interview lasted 20 min and both my of employers interview lasted 1 hour 20 mins.

still awaiting for news

afshin86
Iran

Post by afshin86 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:41 pm

hello every one
i got refused of my fiance visa
and now if i replication and this time if i apply for spouse visa (change finace application to spouse application)

do you guys this its gonna be negative point for my case or no
i need some information please
thank you

treena41
Newly Registered

Post by treena41 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:35 pm

Bilal4500 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:59 am
treena41 wrote:
Bilal4500 wrote:
Hi Bilal4500,

Ok thank you, habe u emailed her or you personally met her, and what information u sent to her.? I only send my fiance name his dob passport num and homeoffice reference number, is this enough?
Hi,
I initially sent an email, she then emailed me after i missed her phonecall. I read her email then returned her call.
I sent My fiances Name, date of birth, GWF number and my Uk address, relevant dates like Biometrics date,and country applying from and date Eco had been assigned.
I also gave a brief back ground of our relationship etc but that was via telephone conversation, i guess the more they know about the case the better for them to make an informed enquiry.

Alhamudlillah, after hardship comes ease.

Bilal4500
Pakistan

Post by Bilal4500 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:40 pm

Thelugi wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:00 pm
Bilal4500 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:36 am
Hi Bibal4500, I can imagine that the MP might just want to know that you are in fact living in his/her constituency to confirm whether he/she is your right MP representative.
Ok thank you so much

Bilal4500
Pakistan

Post by Bilal4500 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:43 pm

treena41 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:35 pm
Bilal4500 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:59 am
treena41 wrote:
Bilal4500 wrote:
Hi Bilal4500,

Hi,
I initially sent an email, she then emailed me after i missed her phonecall. I read her email then returned her call.
I sent My fiances Name, date of birth, GWF number and my Uk address, relevant dates like Biometrics date,and country applying from and date Eco had been assigned.
I also gave a brief back ground of our relationship etc but that was via telephone conversation, i guess the more they know about the case the better for them to make an informed enquiry.

Alhamudlillah, after hardship comes ease.
I emailed him all the details and then he asked for my address through email, but i havnt told them my background story that we have been togather in this relation since 4 years, shall i call him tomorrow and speak to them abut it??

Daisy2018
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Daisy2018 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:11 pm

Incy wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:14 pm
Incy wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:14 pm
We are currently waiting for a decision. Timeline so far;

Visa type: Settlement, Fiancé
Online application submitted: 02/11/18.
Biometrics appointment: 07/11/18 in Kuala Lumpur
Documents sent to Sheffield: 12/11/18. Had to wait for my partners IELTS and TB results to get here as he posted them right after the appointment, if we had known prior to the appointment that they didn't need to look at them he would have sent them to me sooner.
Confirmation of online application email: 16/11/18
Documents returned with supporting letter from UKVI: 15/11/18.

I had a missed delivery card from the Royal Mail because a parcel needed signing for, I couldn't get to the sorting office until today (19/11/18) and have been wondering what it is all weekend and thinking that it must be the documents because I am not expecting anything else that needs to be signed for. I was shocked they had sent the documents back so quickly and thought that maybe there had been some kind of mistake and they had been returned without being looked at, but there is a letter from UKVI included saying they have retained copies of them and we would be contacted if any further information is required.
Update;

11/12/18: Email request came through as for wage slips and work letter, it was in the original pack so I assume they have lost them. They only wanted scans so that was easy.
13/12/18: Telephone interview. One person rang me, another rang my fiance, at the same. Questions were pretty straight forward, asking about our relationship, what we done when we were together, how we keep in touch since he went back to Malaysia, each others hobbies, favourite food.. that sort of thing.
Afterwards we found out that we our answers to what the favourite food is didn't quite match up, but I am not sure how much that will go against us.

Still waiting for a decision.
Hi,incy
Is your application PRIORITY?