ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calculation of 3 years for Naturalization as spouse of british citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

charmy244
Newly Registered

Calculation of 3 years for Naturalization as spouse of british citizen

Post by charmy244 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:40 pm

I am going to apply for naturalization in January as a spouse of british citizen holding ILR (5 years route).

I have read that,
if my application is received on 21/01/2019 , I should have been physically present in the UK on 21/01/2016. My situation is that I was on a holiday for 10 days in january between 20-30th January. which means I was not present in UK exactly 3 years ago.

So my question is Can I apply for naturalization between 20th january tp 30th january, Or I will have to wait till 1st feb to apply as I was present in uk that day 3 years ago ?
I have been living in uk since january 2014.

Please can anyone Help me out here ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Calculation of 3 years for Naturalization as spouse of british citizen

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:04 pm

You should apply on a date corresponding to your physical presence in the UK 3 years before or risk a refusal and loss of fee. For the sake of 10 days, suggest wait till February.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Re: Calculation of 3 years for Naturalization as spouse of british citizen

Post by johnhkg » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:07 pm

charmy244 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:40 pm
I am going to apply for naturalization in January as a spouse of british citizen holding ILR (5 years route).

I have read that,
if my application is received on 21/01/2019 , I should have been physically present in the UK on 21/01/2016. My situation is that I was on a holiday for 10 days in january between 20-30th January. which means I was not present in UK exactly 3 years ago.

So my question is Can I apply for naturalization between 20th january tp 30th january, Or I will have to wait till 1st feb to apply as I was present in uk that day 3 years ago ?
I have been living in uk since january 2014.

Please can anyone Help me out here ?
Charmy, please understand that this "three-year" rule is set in law. If you do not comply then your application will be rejected and you won't get a refund.