ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zaf1
Pakistan

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by zaf1 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:08 pm

Has anyone contacted the local MP recently w.r.t super priority service ILR application?
What is the MP response? and does it really help getting some response from HO ?

allbirdsallbirds
Newly Registered

Post by allbirdsallbirds » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:10 pm

mohan_uk wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:40 am
Thank you for all the forum members as they provide an excellent guidance for people who would like to apply for visa with Home office. Especially with the constant changing of home office rules, it would be impossible for normal people to keep track of whats the requirements for each visa at any one point of time.

Anyways Here is my experience of using the SOPRASTERIA/UKVCAS - Super Priority Service

Application: SET-O Tier 1 Dependent (ILR Aplication)
Appointment Date: 17/12/2018 @12.00
Appointment Centre: Croydon (Bedfont place)
Background: my wife entered uk in 12/12/2013 and got a visa extenstion in 2016 and met the 5 year requirement period. I'm self employed /she works in nhs and currently in maternity leave.

I'm glad to say that my wife's ILR application was successful and we recieved our BRP sent home on 19/12/2018 by 9.30 am

Experience:

Turned up at 11.35am in the Bedfont place centre in croydon and has been told to wait till 11.45 am before they could let us in. After security checks we went to the first floor, where we are quickly asked to do the Biometrics and in the next 10 minutes it was over. we were 2nd in the queue so was quite lucky and we were called straight away for the documents verification.

The lady who was at the desk doesn't know anything about individual cases or the application types and the relevant documents needed, she knows to sort out the supplied documents in relevant categories and reupload them if basic documents are not uploaded / missing.

I have already uploaded all the documents before going to the appointment, so it saved me a lot of time, few documents has been in the wrong category and she reuploaded them in the right category (the current passport / old passport with all pages needed in proof of application category). she went through the documents list and confirmed everything looks good and asked if we want anything else to submit as part of our application to support our case. we are done by 13.00 and out of the centre. The lady mentioned UKVI will contact you regarding the status in 24 hours. what she didn't tell is how they would contact you, they didn't contact us using email and they do via physical mail and it will take more than 24 hours.

List of Documents submitted:

1. My British Passport
2. My Wife’s Passport
3. Marriage certificate
4. Life in the UK Certificate
5. UK NARIC Certificate
6. Degree Certificate
7. IELTS Certificate
8. Cohabitation proof ( 6+ correspondence proof, includes utililty bills, council tax, Bank Statements,House Ownership Title etc.. for the last 2 years)
9. Biometric Permit
10. Last Grant Of Leave to Remain Approval Letter
11. Daughters Birth Certificate
12. Her Current Employment Letter
13. Her last six months Bank Statements
14. Her Last six months Pay Slips
15. Her Last years P60 / SA 302 form
16. My Last six months Bank Statements
17. My Last six months PaySlips / Dividends
18. My Accountant Letter confirming proof of Income
19. My Last year SA302 Summary

I have submitted a lot of documents regarding the financial requirement as my wife used to work and is currently in maternity leave, but you may need not submit all the financial documents.

We also had a section "the person you are joining" in the online application filled out wrong and i corrected them in the downloaded application and uploaded the corrected application and mentioned that in the covering letter to accept our corrected application.

Apart from no acknowledgment from the UKVCAS process and not knowing when/how UKVI will contact us, the process was smooth and we got our BRP delivered at 19/12/2018 by 9.30am

Hope someone finds this useful. Thanks

--
Regards,
Mohan
Hi!

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Were your BRPs delivered with DX or the Royal Mail?

allbirdsallbirds
Newly Registered

Post by allbirdsallbirds » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:19 pm

Hi all!

An update from me.

Online application: 26 Nov
Biometric appointment: 01 Dec
Approval email received: 17 Dec
Decision letter reveiced: 18 Dec

Waiting for my BRP! I'll post my full review where I express my dissatisfaction with the service as soon as I get the BRP.

Updated list with my dates:

Nov 17
Fryman - no answer yet

Nov 20
nihalcastelino – response on Nov 27

Nov 22
manibala89 - response Dec 10
ilovethebeatles - response Nov 28

Nov 24
manuelabe - response Dec 13

Nov 26
mail9 - response Dec 15
venk – response Dec 18
ecu-daba - no answer yet
vh5211 - no answer yet
pumz1984 - response Dec 15
scoobydoo0602 – response Dec 17

Nov 27
sunnysakhi - no answer yet

Nov 28
daisyuk - no answer yet
timothy tao - no answer yet
madihaaali_304 - no answer yet
bhcool - response Dec 14
jas18 - no answer yet

Nov 30
oldmankensey - no answer yet
nishi - no answer yet

Dec 1
cja_1234 – SET(O), Manchester Central Library - no answer yet
FarooqShah86 - no answer yet
9127 - response Dec 10
badhodor - no answer yet
vcok - response Dec 14
kumar88 - no answer yet
allbirdsallbirds - response Dec 17

Dec 3
cemj - response Dec 7

Dec 4
advanceswine - response Dec 11
anand_p - no answer yet
auslanderlh - no answer yet

Dec 5
Min8585 - response Dec 12
mahmoudsayed86 - response Dec 11

Dec 6
tingtingyuyu - response Dec 7
livlivuk - response Dec 14
avishekm – no answer yet
sivap99 – no answer yet
Incognito123 – no answer yet

Dec 7
jibrankayub - response Dec 10

Dec 8
norty109 - response Dec 13
RY83 – no answer yet
yoginipingle – no answer yet

Dec 10
himanshuc - no answer yet

Dec 11
seventimesandmore - response Dec 12
shah4404 - response Dec 13
swskum - response Dec 12
zaf1 – no answer yet

Dec 12
Saninsts - no answer yet
pride88 - no answer yet
taurusliz – response Dec 17

Dec 13
Kaley - response Dec 14
ba54 – no answer yet

Dec 14
Ader – response on Dec 14 (winner!)

Dec 17
Himanshuc - no answer yet
milamad – response on Dec 17 (winner!)

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Can contacting an immigration lawyer be helpful to sort out visa delays? I know some ppl shared lawyers have direct calling number of case workers?

himanshuc
Mood:
India

Post by himanshuc » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:59 pm

I have emailed my local MP too. Not sure how helpful and quick this is but lets see. I do hope to make sure I ask them for a refund. This is NOT done!

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:07 pm

madihaali_304 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:05 pm
oldmankensey wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:14 pm
I will write to my MP this evening. It will make her week, I think. She'll no doubt reply "oh, that's delightful, I had no idea our immigration policies were working so well! Enjoy your hostile environment."

She might at least make a call to confirm we are not stuck in the 6-month-decision pile. 8)
I'm considering doing the same now, it will be a month from my Sopra appointment on the 28th Dec and I highly doubt I'm going to hear back about my application now with Christmas/New Year fast approaching.

I've never even thought about contacting an MP before so not entirely sure what to say when I write to them. Do you mind sharing what you're going to say just so I have some direction please (excluding your personal details of course)? All good if you don't want to.
I'll write something this evening and share it here.

pride88
Mood:
India

Post by pride88 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi guys just an update from me (nothing positive yet)

There was escalation and i got an email from UKVI contact centre yesterday mentioning that my application is still being processed (applied via SP on 12th Dec), Called them again today and they gave me an email address accessuk@homeoffice.gov.uk, I sent en email to them asking for the outcome of my application. Nothing received as of now. it has been almost 6 working days with no letter, no email, no nothing!!

I have spoken to my immigration legal counsel about this issue, hopefully he will get it sorted.

Will update if anything comes up. I feel for all the people who are experiencing delays!

Regards,
Pride88

anand_p
Newly Registered

Post by anand_p » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Hi,

Seems like all the ILR's are getting response and not the FLR route.

My mail sent to HO Sheffield on last Friday 14 Dec was received by them on 15 Dec (I think by which the case worker might have looked the application).
After posting the letter,
I've called the UKVI on 17th Dec and they took all the details and said it will take 5 business days for case worker to respond and called again today 19 Dec , same answer no response from the dumbos.
I told them need contact details for complaining to HO the lady was rude and she gave me email address [complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk] - which I will send an email ( know I wont get any response).

--->Positive ( to be lucky @ 15:20 pm on 19 Dec 2018)

While drafting this post, I've just received an email from HomeOffice and they confirm that the FLR-M has been granted and BRP will follow.

Thanks,
A

I've
anand_p wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:11 pm
Hi,

Update on FLR-M ....

I've applied FLR-M for my wife on 30 Nov 2018 and 4th Dec 2018 was her Super priority appointment.
everything went fine and since 5th we didn't had any updates regarding the application and I've made many calls to UKVi and everytime they just take the details and say within 5 days we will get some one to address.

Today 14 Dec 2018 at 12:39 we received call from UKVI support and they say our application is in Standard service, told them NO, as we applied under Super priority and they said, application was not processed/touched and there is no update - Explained them that we are having travel plans next week and need our visa urgently. So, they told me to send a letter writing all the details to UK Visas and Immigration, Sheffield on special delivery- so, someone from home office can address.

So, after lunch i drafted the letter and did special delivery at 13:00 hrs today.

Still waiting how long it gonna take and it's all unnecessary expenses and dont know why it's called super priority & now i have to cancel the ticket and no refund.

Hope someone from Home office, need to prioritize.

Thanks,
A

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:39 pm

Congrats
had you sent the mail to HO Sheffield by email?
If yes, what was mail id.

Thanks in advance.

anand_p wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:28 pm
Hi,

My mail sent to HO Sheffield on last Friday 14 Dec was received by them on 15 Dec (I think by which the case worker might have looked the application).
I've called the UKVI on 17th Dec and they took all the details and said it will take 5 business days for case worker to respond and called again today 19 Dec , same answer no response from the dumbos.
I told them need contact details for complaining to HO the lady was rude and she gave me email address [complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk] - which I will send an email ( know I wont get any response).

While drafting this post, I've just received an email from HomeOffice and they confirm that the FLR-M has been granted and BRP will follow.

Thanks,
A

I've
anand_p wrote:
Hi,

Update on FLR-M ....

I've applied FLR-M for my wife on 30 Nov 2018 and 4th Dec 2018 was her Super priority appointment.
everything went fine and since 5th we didn't had any updates regarding the application and I've made many calls to UKVi and everytime they just take the details and say within 5 days we will get some one to address.

Today 14 Dec 2018 at 12:39 we received call from UKVI support and they say our application is in Standard service, told them NO, as we applied under Super priority and they said, application was not processed/touched and there is no update - Explained them that we are having travel plans next week and need our visa urgently. So, they told me to send a letter writing all the details to UK Visas and Immigration, Sheffield on special delivery- so, someone from home office can address.

So, after lunch i drafted the letter and did special delivery at 13:00 hrs today.

Still waiting how long it gonna take and it's all unnecessary expenses and dont know why it's called super priority & now i have to cancel the ticket and no refund.

Thanks,
A

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:49 pm

I wrote to my MP today as per my earlier post, haven't received any reply.

Here's what I wrote:- (i have removed personal details and marked them XXX) (The part about the conservative government at the end is purely because my MP is labour)

Dear (XXXX) (MP's name),

I am (XXXXXX) (My full name) a resident of your constituency.
I am an (XXXX) (Original country I am from) Citizen and have been living legally in the UK for the past 8 years since my arrival in Sep 2010 as a student. After working in the UK for the last 7 years and paying taxes and contributing to the UK as a responsible individual I have recently qualified to apply for settlement in the UK under the Tier 2 category.

I applied to the home office on the 24th November 2018 and used the so called "Super Priority" service. This is the new service that the government has launched after spending £91m on the new service.

I paid £3018.20 to get a decision for my application within 24 hours as per the Home Office service standard. My biometric appointment was on the 1st December 2018. It is 19th December today and after calling the HO helpline and escalating my case 3 times, I am yet to receive any information whatsoever. Whether my application has been approved or whether it is going through the standard route of 6 months, or whether it has been denied or if any further information is needed.

I have also raised a formal complaint by emailing at the complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

I feel utterly disappointed and frustrated by the way HO has rolled out this service and dealt with my application for settlement in the UK in particular. The HO is charging £600 extra in order for people to get a 24 hour decision but it has been close to 15 working days and I am yet to receive any update on my application.

If this was any other business as a consumer you would expect to receive the service you have paid for or take up the matter with the merchant, however, this is a matter of my life and my future moving forward in this country and HO has taken the £600 for the 24 hour decision but there has not been a single update for the last 13 working days.

As everyone goes on a break for Christmas and gets into the festive spirit and celebrates the holidays, I on the other hand have uncertainty with regards to my future in this country, am out of £600 for a service I paid for but never received and frustrated that I have absolutely nothing I can do about this.

I would urge you to please investigate this on my behalf and urge the Home Secretary to investigate the hostile environment that this conservative government is creating for people like us who have paid their dues, contributed to the society and want to make a future in this country.

My application details are below:-

Reference number upon confirmation of £3018.20 payment on 24th November - XXXXXX
HO Case id email received 26th November - XXXXXX
UAN Number as per Sopra Steira Appointment - XXXXXX
Invoice Number for Sopra Steira - XXXXXX
Date of Appointment - 1st December 2018
Place of Appointment - Croydon, Bedford Point, 35 Dingwall Road, Croydon - CR0 9XF

Name - XXXXX
Address - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX(full address with post code)
Phone Number - XXXXXX

anand_p
Newly Registered

Post by anand_p » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Hi,

I've written the letter to HO Sheffield (**note: FLR-M only) and the application which states "Super Priority Visa" and my travel tickets for this Saturday and posted using Special Delivery (trackable).

UK Visas and Immigration
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Thanks,
A
sunnysakhi wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:39 pm
Congrats
had you sent the mail to HO Sheffield by email?
If yes, what was mail id.

Thanks in advance.

anand_p wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:28 pm
Hi,

Thanks,
A

I've
anand_p wrote:
Hi,

Update on FLR-M ....

Thanks,
A

mohan_uk
Newly Registered

Post by mohan_uk » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:28 pm

mizer wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:57 pm
mohan_uk wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:40 am
Thank you for all the forum members as they provide an excellent guidance for people who would like to apply for visa with Home office. Especially with the constant changing of home office rules, it would be impossible for normal people to keep track of whats the requirements for each visa at any one point of time.

Anyways Here is my experience of using the SOPRASTERIA/UKVCAS - Super Priority Service

Application: SET-O Tier 1 Dependent (ILR Aplication)
Appointment Date: 17/12/2018 @12.00
Appointment Centre: Croydon (Bedfont place)
Background: my wife entered uk in 12/12/2013 and got a visa extenstion in 2016 and met the 5 year requirement period. I'm self employed /she works in nhs and currently in maternity leave.

I'm glad to say that my wife's ILR application was successful and we recieved our BRP sent home on 19/12/2018 by 9.30 am

Experience:

Turned up at 11.35am in the Bedfont place centre in croydon and has been told to wait till 11.45 am before they could let us in. After security checks we went to the first floor, where we are quickly asked to do the Biometrics and in the next 10 minutes it was over. we were 2nd in the queue so was quite lucky and we were called straight away for the documents verification.

The lady who was at the desk doesn't know anything about individual cases or the application types and the relevant documents needed, she knows to sort out the supplied documents in relevant categories and reupload them if basic documents are not uploaded / missing.

I have already uploaded all the documents before going to the appointment, so it saved me a lot of time, few documents has been in the wrong category and she reuploaded them in the right category (the current passport / old passport with all pages needed in proof of application category). she went through the documents list and confirmed everything looks good and asked if we want anything else to submit as part of our application to support our case. we are done by 13.00 and out of the centre. The lady mentioned UKVI will contact you regarding the status in 24 hours. what she didn't tell is how they would contact you, they didn't contact us using email and they do via physical mail and it will take more than 24 hours.

List of Documents submitted:

1. My British Passport
2. My Wife’s Passport
3. Marriage certificate
4. Life in the UK Certificate
5. UK NARIC Certificate
6. Degree Certificate
7. IELTS Certificate
8. Cohabitation proof ( 6+ correspondence proof, includes utililty bills, council tax, Bank Statements,House Ownership Title etc.. for the last 2 years)
9. Biometric Permit
10. Last Grant Of Leave to Remain Approval Letter
11. Daughters Birth Certificate
12. Her Current Employment Letter
13. Her last six months Bank Statements
14. Her Last six months Pay Slips
15. Her Last years P60 / SA 302 form
16. My Last six months Bank Statements
17. My Last six months PaySlips / Dividends
18. My Accountant Letter confirming proof of Income
19. My Last year SA302 Summary

I have submitted a lot of documents regarding the financial requirement as my wife used to work and is currently in maternity leave, but you may need not submit all the financial documents.

We also had a section "the person you are joining" in the online application filled out wrong and i corrected them in the downloaded application and uploaded the corrected application and mentioned that in the covering letter to accept our corrected application.

Apart from no acknowledgment from the UKVCAS process and not knowing when/how UKVI will contact us, the process was smooth and we got our BRP delivered at 19/12/2018 by 9.30am

Hope someone finds this useful. Thanks

--
Regards,
Mohan
Congratulations,
Did you send signed consent declaration to allow home office to check your documents? and also do we have to bring all the original documents to the appointment for they check them?
yes I have signed all the consent forms and uploaded it in the portal under proof of application category along with the application and payment proof document.

yes its better to take all the original documents to the appointment, if you have uploaded a document in wrong section the person who is checking your documents can rescan and upload it in the right section.

Someone else has asked what mail it came through and I can confirm its not royal mail, it came through as a signed courier

sivap99
Newly Registered
India

Post by sivap99 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:37 pm

I have sent below email to my MP:

Dear xxxxx, (MP's name)

Hope you are doing well, My name is xxxxx, live at address: xxxxx.

I have been living and working in UK since 2010. Recently I have applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) visa on 6th of December under Super Priority Service category.

As per the Super priority service standard, the home office should give a decision within 24 hours. This is what they quoted in application:

"You should receive a decision on your application within 24 hours of your biometrics appointment. We will contact you if it will take longer to process your application"

Which I didn't get an response since today, and home office didn't even send an email or a notification. The home office charge too much money as application fees (and additional £600 for the super priority service). I have contacted the helpline number few times to enquire about my application status and the response from them is absolutely rude and different people provide contradictory information from the helpline.

If they can't process the visa in 24 hours time, at least they should send an update or notification email for the delay in processing. It's just not me & there are so many people who applied under the same priority service still waiting for the Home office response. It's really frustrating how they treat the applicants & there is no direct communication between home office and the applicants.

After charging so much money (£3000 application fees) the service they provide is really poor and disappointing.

The reason I am writing to you is hoping at least you can do something about it by escalating it to the right people.

Many Thanks

oyinzeze
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by oyinzeze » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:12 pm

Good day moderator and friends,
Please am due for my Ilr(tier 2)by January ending and I will like to book for super priority service(24 hrs service).Please can you give me link of where I can pay for the super priority service. As I have searched and couldn't see where I can pay for it.
More so I will be happy if you can tell me how to go about it and get the service booked.
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:16 pm

oyinzeze wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:12 pm
Please am due for my Ilr(tier 2)by January ending and I will like to book for super priority service(24 hrs service).Please can you give me link of where I can pay for the super priority service. As I have searched and couldn't see where I can pay for it.
More so I will be happy if you can tell me how to go about it and get the service booked.
Thanks.
You are given options at the end of the online application process which you should start when you are within the 28 days qualifying period to apply. You cannot pay or book an appointment upfront before applying.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oyinzeze
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by oyinzeze » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:16 pm
oyinzeze wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:12 pm
Thanks.
You are given options at the end of the online application process which you should start when you are within the 28 days qualifying period to apply. You cannot pay or book an appointment upfront before applying.
Thanks for your quick reply .I really appreciate.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-o

Is this the link that will give me the option? if not can you please send me the link.

Thanks once again.

FarooqShah86
Pakistan

Post by FarooqShah86 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:49 pm

MPs have their own dedicated ‘MP hotline’ for any government department.
Any immigrant on tier2 general visa is an asset really for the local economy with all the taxes we contribute!
The reason my mp came back to me straightaway was because I mentioned this delay would potentially cause me problems in travelling and my work would eventually suffer because of it.
So when you write to them just make sure you say this.
They will email you back asking for more details and you will be sent a consent form to sign (due to the gdpr privacy rules) just get it sent back to them swiftly so they get the ball rolling as quickly as possible.

FarooqShah86
Pakistan

Post by FarooqShah86 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:54 pm

The more people write to their local mps the more mps writing to the home office mean the home office actually pulling their finger out and do something about it!!

mil10cv
Newly Registered
India

Post by mil10cv » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:32 pm

Hi i have had my appoinent for super priority on 18th dec no decision yet. tier 2 to ilr
i will keep you guys updated. my centre was Manchester

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:39 pm

FarooqShah86 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:54 pm
The more people write to their local mps the more mps writing to the home office mean the home office actually pulling their finger out and do something about it!!
After escalating 3rd time today, I got a generic mail as follows:
We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard. If we are unable to process your application within 6 months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information about our service standards and other information that you may find helpful with regard to your application.

If there is a change in your circumstances, please contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp
After repeatedly mentioning that I have applied under Super Priority, I don't know why they send back this generic mail. Very unprofessional.Very frustating. :cry:

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:45 pm

FarooqShah86 wrote:
I wrote to MP last week. He came back and said that we have highlighted my application issue with Home Office and will try to get response from them at earliest possible time.

Nidhal Talib
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Nidhal Talib » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi,

I submitted my ILR application on 17/12/2018 at Super premium lounge and I have been told there a decision
Will be made within 24 hours but actually right now I didn’t receive any email.

Please if anyone can advise me what should I do

Best wishes

Nidhal

avishekm
Newly Registered
India

Post by avishekm » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Good to see that a lot of you guys are getting the visas. After escalating thrice in last 4 days received an email about submitting the biometric at a nearest post office, when this was done on the application submission date. 6th December.

ecu-daba
Newly Registered
Ecuador

Post by ecu-daba » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:26 am

sunnysakhi wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:39 pm
FarooqShah86 wrote:
After escalating 3rd time today, I got a generic mail as follows:
We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard. If we are unable to process your application within 6 months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information about our service standards and other information that you may find helpful with regard to your application.

If there is a change in your circumstances, please contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp
After repeatedly mentioning that I have applied under Super Priority, I don't know why they send back this generic mail. Very unprofessional.Very frustating. :cry:
Hi sunnysaki, I submitted my appplication (ILR Super Priority) and biometrics on 26th November and have escalated 3 times since. I received the exact same e-mail yesterday. My assumption is that it seems to be a generic e-mail after a case worker actually starts working on your case and it is generated automatically. Some other people on this forum have also received the same followed by their confirmations a few days later. I genuinely think that my application sat there for 3 1/2 weeks and it was only lifted yesterday , hence the automated e-mail with an actual Case ID. This is the only piece of correspondence I have received since I made my application on 26th Nov. This is totally ridiculous considering we paid an extra £600 for a 1 day decision service. Im still waiting for a formal confirmation. I'll keep updating on this forum.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:23 am

probably a silly question but regarding the £35 document checking extra service...how does Sopra Steria know I’ve completed the uploads? Or am I just required to have it complete within 2 days of appointment?
Thank you