ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESTA denied reason forgot to declare previous visa refusal

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ajay kumar
Newly Registered

ESTA denied reason forgot to declare previous visa refusal

Post by ajay kumar » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:07 am

Hi ESTA approved initally decline later when i reached LHR USA officer didnot allow me to travel and asked me have i applied USA visa in past i said yes 10 years back when i was holding indian passport she said on Esta application i didnot declare my previous USA visa refusal that was the reason my esta decline and i lied in my Esta application and i need now visitor visa on my UK passport how can get visitor visa and overcome my mistake

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ESTA DENIED REASON FORGOT TO DECLARE PREVIOUS VISA REFU

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:13 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ajay kumar
Newly Registered

Re: ESTA DENIED REASON FORGOT TO DECLARE PREVIOUS VISA REFU

Post by ajay kumar » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:25 am

Hi thanks how can i represent my case concerning previous USA visa refusal means when go for interview

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ESTA denied reason forgot to declare previous visa refus

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:56 am

They will obviously have the details. Just be prepared, only you know why the visa was refused previously.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ajay kumar
Newly Registered

Post by ajay kumar » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:16 pm

Hi thanks they might ask why i did't declare in my last ESTA application previous USA visa refusal what i will say please guide

Many thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:17 pm

ajay kumar wrote:Hi thanks they might ask why i did't declare in my last ESTA application previous USA visa refusal what i will say please guide

Many thanks
Only you know what happened.

Think carefully. There will be consequences.
Tell the truth. These guys don't mess about.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:36 pm

ajay kumar wrote:Hi thanks they might ask why i did't declare in my last ESTA application previous USA visa refusal what i will say please guide
Explain the reason truthfully. US immigration history records are maintained for extensive periods of time. With the number of questions you get asked on a visit visa application form, you can see how seriously they take the checks they undertake before granting a visa. Make sure you remember both the reason for your previous refusal and why you neglected to declare it on your ESTA, when you attend the visa interview as they are likely to be raised.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:45 pm

From the FAQs on the website link I provided.
I was refused a visa when I held a passport in a different nationality. I am now a British citizen? Can I register under ESTA

If your application for a visa was refused under Section 212(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), you are required to apply for a visa. If your application was refused under Section 221(g) or 214(b) INA, you are not prohibited from applying, but must declare the refusal even though it concerns a previous passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ajay kumar
Newly Registered

Post by ajay kumar » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:40 am

Hi i went for USA visitor visa but officer denied section 214 it and said as i didn't declared on my previous ESTA application prior visa refusal and i don't have enough ties to UK but he said i can apply in future i asked when i can reapply he said he didn't comment.
My question is when i can reapply or i am allowed to apply ESTA in future reather then visitor B2 visa
Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:01 am

ajay kumar wrote:Hi i went for USA visitor visa but officer denied section 214 it and said as i didn't declared on my previous ESTA application prior visa refusal and i don't have enough ties to UK but he said i can apply in future i asked when i can reapply he said he didn't comment.
My question is when i can reapply or i am allowed to apply ESTA in future reather then visitor B2 visa.
Given that you have had a previous refusal, you will need to apply for a visa, as an ESTA application is almost certain to be refused given your previous application history.

Regarding your question on when to apply, have a read through the denial reasons under.. https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/ ... nials.html
If you attempt to apply again, make sure you address the reasons cited in your previous refusal.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:12 am

Answer to question on whether a ESTA application is likely to be successful after a previous visa refusal....
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail ... on-benefit

Passpass
Newly Registered

Post by Passpass » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:54 pm

ajay kumar wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:16 pm
Hi thanks they might ask why i did't declare in my last ESTA application previous USA visa refusal what i will say please guide

Many thanks
Hello,
Have they grant you a visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:49 am

Passpass wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:54 pm
ajay kumar wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:16 pm

Many thanks
Hello,
Have they grant you a visa?
Kindly refrain from digging up and tagging onto topics that are more than two years old.

The user is also no longer active on the forum since 19 August 2016.
Char (CR001 not Casa)