ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Seized

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sonnyhind
Newly Registered

Indian Passport Seized

Post by sonnyhind » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:44 pm

Hi
I acquired citizenship of Ireland in May this year but did not surrender the Indian passport to the embassy. I travelled with both passports to India in Dec and was let in showing my Indian passport. On way out , on showing Indian passport they noted my Irish visa was expired and I showed them my Irish passport to prove that I could enter Ireland on it.

My Indian passport was immediately seized and I was given a dressing down at the airport. They have also made a noting on the Irish passport relating to the passport seizure.

My question is how will I apply for an OCI (if I wanted to , that is) without a proper surrender certificate?
Also, if I apply for an Indian tourist visa, will I be denied?

Thanks

ban.s

Re: Indian Passport Seized

Post by ban.s » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:50 pm

..deleted..duplicate posting
Last edited by ban.s on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:54 pm

apply for the renunciation/surrender certificate with a cover letter explaining the seizure and including a formal apology.
you had committed an offence under Indian passport act and you need to pay a penalty. I believe a surrender certificate will be issued once you pay the penalty.

deepmax33
Newly Registered

Post by deepmax33 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:06 pm

Hey guys,
I'm Irish but i haven't applied for passport can i get visa extended on my Indian passport to come back to Ireland or i have to get Irish passport and get visa to India ?

thx

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:08 pm

where are you now?

Djean027
Newly Registered

Post by Djean027 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:03 am

Hi

I am in a similar situation, could you please tell me how you managed to exit the country? Did immigration ask you to obtain an exit permit from FRO? If so how long did it take and what was the procedure?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:29 am

Djean027, There are "two" situations mentioned in the topics. Which of those mirror yours?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Djean027
Newly Registered

Post by Djean027 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:39 am

Sorry, should have been clearer. Similar position as in sonnyhind (OP).

nareshbabu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nareshbabu » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi ...........what happened to your situation, did u get surrender certificate? did you get OCI?..............I AM IN SIMILAR SITUATION LIKE YOU, PLEASE REPLY TO ME

nareshbabu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nareshbabu » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:40 pm

HI , WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR SITUATION, DID U GET SURRENEDER CERTIFICATE, DID YOU GET OCI? I AM IN SIMILAR SITUATION LIKE YOU WERE . PLEASE REPLY BACK YOUR EXPERIENCE

sonnyhind wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:44 pm
Hi
I acquired citizenship of Ireland in May this year but did not surrender the Indian passport to the embassy. I travelled with both passports to India in Dec and was let in showing my Indian passport. On way out , on showing Indian passport they noted my Irish visa was expired and I showed them my Irish passport to prove that I could enter Ireland on it.

My Indian passport was immediately seized and I was given a dressing down at the airport. They have also made a noting on the Irish passport relating to the passport seizure.

My question is how will I apply for an OCI (if I wanted to , that is) without a proper surrender certificate?
Also, if I apply for an Indian tourist visa, will I be denied?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:59 am

nareshbabu wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:35 pm
Hi ...........what happened to your situation, did u get surrender certificate? did you get OCI?..............I AM IN SIMILAR SITUATION LIKE YOU, PLEASE REPLY TO ME
Please do not dig up topics that are almost 5 years old. The user is also no longer active on the forum since 2014. Start your own topic with your circumstances and questions!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.