ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice Liability to removal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jmandude
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Notice Liability to removal

Post by Jmandude » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:50 am

Hi all

My wife came over on a fiancée visa and was allowed entry to the uk on the 8th aug. She came over on the 12 sept as I already booked in advance to see her in Vietnam.

On the 27 th October we got married in the uk.
Edit: I am British.

We applied for FLR M Apparantly on the 14th december. We gave all documents to solicitors at the end of November. As of now 19th December we have no letter/email or money taking out of my account. She did get a phone call from a number from Sheffield but she missed it.

She came to my work place which I own ( salon ) and unforunately the some police officer came and said she was working and was arrested. She was served with liable to removal notice. And is told to go to report at a reporting centre. I thought that because there was a misunderstanding I would be able to fight this however after reading the notice carefully it seems like her current visa is cancelled? “ you are a person with no leave to enter or remain”

She explicitly told the officer she wasn’t working and only came to shop, as we are near a big shopping centre, to wait for me to go together.

My question is :-

Is there any way to appeal this decision? Can sight alone by enough to serve such a notice? Will our flrm be affected?

She is to report to the centre on the 20th at 11;00am. I’m not sure what will happen, if she will be able to explain things to the immigration officer.
Can someone please advise us?

Note: we have been to 3 solictors so far here is what they said:

1- my original solictor who is handling my flrm said that if I need a representive then she can make calls. She didn’t say if we could appeal.

2- she said she can come down with another solictor and help fill in the form for £1000.

3 - she filled in the form for us and gave us advice for £100. Told us that my wife will just go to the reporting centre so they take fingerprints and she sign some paper and there’s no need for a legal representive. But in any case we have her phone number if something happens.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Notice Liability to removal

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:42 am

Any reason as to why her finance visa would have been cancelled? Was it cancelled after the police intervention?

You need to find out specifically why her visa was cancelled first before you can fight your case.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Jmandude
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Jmandude » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:23 am

We went to the reporting centre, we tried to explain things to the officer but she said that she only knows that my wife has to report every month.

I told her “surely if my wife is still within her visa date and has lodged a visa for flrm, her stay should be extended until a decision is made?”

She said “I don’t know, I only know she must report every month, if you want to try and appeal you would have to contact solicitor to contact home office to contact us”. :/.

So we are doing that now. My only worry is our current flrm. Home office still haven’t taken monies out my account. It’s been almost 5 days since they recieved our documents. :(

Edit: after the police intervention she was given 3 papers. The reporting sheet, notice of removal, and a bail sheet. - we didn’t apply for bail it was just given to us. It doesn’t say our current visa is cancelled.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:11 am

Sounds like they cancelled her visa due to her working in your salon. Your doing the right thing and that's having an legal representative. Your solicitor / you, probably need to write to Home Office and ask why you are required to report etc?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease