ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement Urgently Needed for Tier visa 4 application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sonren
Newly Registered
Congo

Bank statement Urgently Needed for Tier visa 4 application

Post by Sonren » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:57 pm

Hi

I’m looking to make a tier 4 visa application soon so I was wondering if any one knows if I’m able to use a bank statement with an account name of a company owned by my father, if not how do I go about this?

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Re: Bank statement Urgently Needed for Tier visa 4 application

Post by SamTiger » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:40 pm

See Tier 4 Policy Guidance version 11/2018 page 51 of 101

199. You can use money held in an account owned by you or by your parents or legal guardian. If you are a Tier 4 (General) Student and using funds held by your parent(s)/legal guardian(s), you will need to show us evidence that you are related to your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) and that you have their permission to use this money.

See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ance-funds
(iii) The statements must clearly show:
(1) the name of:
_i. the applicant,
_ii the applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian’s name, if the applicant is applying as a Tier 4 Migrant or as a Child of a Relevant Points-Based System Migrant, or

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Post by SamTiger » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Sonren wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:57 pm
bank statement with an account name of a company owned by my father, if not how do I go about this?
Your case is peculiar as rules say the bank statement must have the name of your parent. You will have to ask your sponsor if UKVI will allow your application if you could prove them the company is owned by your parent.

Sonren
Newly Registered
Congo

Post by Sonren » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:13 pm

SamTiger wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:45 pm
Sonren wrote:
bank statement with an account name of a company owned by my father, if not how do I go about this?
Your case is peculiar as rules say the bank statement must have the name of your parent. You will have to ask your sponsor if UKVI will allow your application if you could prove them the company is owned by your parent.
Thank you for your reply. The sent this bank statement and the response wasn’t straightforward. They are saying the UKVI only accepts bank statements from a company that is international and trading in more that one country. But from what I have read this is the case if I was being finiacilly sponsored by a company and it clearly states that this company cannot one owned by any relatives. My case is not a letter of sponsorship but an actual bank statement with the account name of my fathers company

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Post by SamTiger » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:18 pm

Sonren wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:13 pm
They are saying the UKVI only accepts bank statements from a company that is international and trading in more that one country.
This is to avoid anyone claiming to hold funds from a dodgy company. As you know, UKVI accepts bank statements only from its approved banks.
Sonren wrote:
My case is not a letter of sponsorship but an actual bank statement with the account name of my fathers company
The question is how do you expect UKVI to accept the company is owned by your parent without the bank statement on their name. I think you are weakening your visa application in a mandatory requirement even though the rules have been shown clearly. The funds should be at your disposal. If your parent owns the company, they could have transferred it to your account or to the account in their name and with a letter of consent your visa application will be strengthened. In UKVI rules, if anything is said "must" it is must and there is NO leniency. See point (iii) in my post above.

pride88
Mood:
India

Post by pride88 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:39 pm

Sonren wrote:
Hi

I’m looking to make a tier 4 visa application soon so I was wondering if any one knows if I’m able to use a bank statement with an account name of a company owned by my father, if not how do I go about this?
I think the funds must in your parents personal account if you intend to use your fathers money. You must understand that other forms of funds such as shares, bonds and pension funds are not allowed, so only cash funds are allowed!!

It is not worth the risk.

Sonren
Newly Registered
Congo

Post by Sonren » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:01 am

SamTiger wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:18 pm
Sonren wrote:
They are saying the UKVI only accepts bank statements from a company that is international and trading in more that one country.
This is to avoid anyone claiming to hold funds from a dodgy company. As you know, UKVI accepts bank statements only from its approved banks.
Sonren wrote:
My case is not a letter of sponsorship but an actual bank statement with the account name of my fathers company
The question is how do you expect UKVI to accept the company is owned by your parent without the bank statement on their name. I think you are weakening your visa application in a mandatory requirement even though the rules have been shown clearly. The funds should be at your disposal. If your parent owns the company, they could have transferred it to your account or to the account in their name and with a letter of consent your visa application will be strengthened. In UKVI rules, if anything is said "must" it is must and there is NO leniency. See point (iii) in my post above.
Ok I understand. I just thought it would suffice, as he uses the account as a personal account and most, if not all of the transactions clearly states his name.

Off topic but would know how 28 consecutive days are counted? For example, is today the 21th to tomorrow the 22nd considered 1 day or two consecutive days?

Sonren
Newly Registered
Congo

Post by Sonren » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:04 am

pride88 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:39 pm
Sonren wrote:
Hi

I think the funds must in your parents personal account if you intend to use your fathers money. You must understand that other forms of funds such as shares, bonds and pension funds are not allowed, so only cash funds are allowed!!

It is not worth the risk.
Okay Thank you. You’re right, it’s not worth the risk

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:21 am

pride88 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:39 pm
I think the funds must in your parents personal account if you intend to use your fathers money.
Yes, that's correct. The rules are very clear that any bank statements used must must be from a personal account, not a business or company account. I do not know why SamTiger thinks statements from a parent's company account are acceptable if you provide extra evidence that the company belongs to your parent and/or that the money is available to you as personal funds, but this is not correct.

See Appendix C of the Immigration Rules, paragraph 1B:

In all cases where Appendix C or Appendix E states that an applicant is required to provide specified documents, the specified documents are:
(a) Personal bank or building society statements which satisfy the following requirements:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ance-funds

It is reiterated in the Tier 4 Policy Guidance for applicants, paragraph 230:

The following documents can be used to show money available to you:
i. Personal bank or building society statements covering a consecutive 28-day period ending no more than 31 days before the date of your application and no later than the date of application. The personal bank or building society statements must show:...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student

It is also reiterated in the Tier 4 Modernised Guidance for decision makers, page 95:

Acceptable forms of evidence are:
personal bank or building society statements:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... sed-system
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Post by SamTiger » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Sonren wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:01 am
Off topic but would know how 28 consecutive days are counted? For example, is today the 21th to tomorrow the 22nd considered 1 day or two consecutive days?
If the first day for your funds is 21st Dec then 28th day falls on 17th Jan 2019. You can submit statements with your visa application on the same day.
sah10406 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:21 am
I do not know why SamTiger thinks statements from a parent's company account are acceptable if you provide extra evidence that the company belongs to your parent and/or that the money is available to you as personal funds, but this is not correct.
I advised OP to check with their sponsor but I have stressed the importance of having funds in personal accounts on the applicant's or their parent's name.

Sonren
Newly Registered
Congo

Post by Sonren » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:00 pm

SamTiger wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:44 pm
Sonren wrote:
SamTiger wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:44 pm
Sonren wrote:
If the first day for your funds is 21st Dec then 28th day falls on 17th Jan 2019. You can submit statements with your visa application on the same day.
According to the university advisor, if 21st is the first day, the 28th day will be the 18th. It’s abit confusing.

Would you also know if the bank statement needs to have the “date of the statement” as the guidance policy doesn’t mention this, it only refers to the closing balance. Looking online, a few universities list the “date of the statement” as one of the requirements but must of them seem to a few months old since they were lasted edited. Which do I follow?

I’m asking because the statement I plan to use always shows the first and then the closing balance, no mention of when it was printed

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Post by SamTiger » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:49 am

Funds need to have been held for a period of AT LEAST 28 DAYS before the application.

As it says "before the application", most applicants, to be on safer side, wait for the end of 28th day and submit the application on 29th day, which is fine too. That's what your univ advisor has said.

In your case if 21st Dec the first day then 28th day is 17th Jan 2019. Calculate it manually and it is not at all confusing!!
Sonren wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:00 pm
I’m asking because the statement I plan to use always shows the first and then the closing balance, no mention of when it was printed
Your bank statement(s) should show the funds have been kept for the period of 28 days. So, the statement(s) should show a 28-day period from opening balance date (in your case, 21st Dec) till closing balance date. You can get your statement printed on 17th or 18th of Jan 2019 so that it shows 28 days. That would do.