ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR Documents tsb

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Theyallknowme
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

EEA PR Documents tsb

Post by Theyallknowme » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi all

EEA national (Norwegian wife) holds UK residence document in blue book with issue date 04.01.2014 and no end date
Non EEA National (Pakistani husband) holds UK residence visa with expire date 11.01.2019

I have already started my PR application online, since I am paperless with the bank, I ordered my tsb joint bank statement for the last 5 years. I have received my statement but it only shows my husband's names. We been on the phone with the bank asking why it shows one name on a joint account. They said it's a technical issue they have been facing this problem for a while. They suggested to individually submit the bank statement since it has same account number and Home office will be able to know that it is a joint account as the transaction will be same.

Do you think this will be acceptable by HO?

I will also submit p60 for last 5 year's for both AND joint bank statement for last 5 year's

Many thanks

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: EEA PR Documents tsb

Post by NikiGio » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:15 pm

I'm presuming you're doing a joint PR application for the EEA worker and the non-EEA husband?

When is the 5-year QP for the wife, and when is the 5-year QP for the husband?

They need to have been married for 5 years and living here for 5 years.

For the EEA worker wife - if submitting P60s as evidence of work to cover the 5-year QP, you don't actually need to send other evidence of residence - the P60s double-up as evidence of work and residence.

For the husband - as proof of residence you can send the joint account bank statements in his name only. You don't need to send 60 monthly statements
(12 statements x 5 years) - it's enough to send say 25 statements (5 statements x 5 years), say January + April + July + October + December. Maybe include a covering letter to explain that the account is joint but the bank has been having technical difficulties with their system, etc.
Theyallknowme wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:20 pm
They suggested to individually submit the bank statement since it has same account number and Home office will be able to know that it is a joint account as the transaction will be same.
Not sure what this means.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

Theyallknowme
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: EEA PR Documents tsb

Post by Theyallknowme » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:49 pm

NikiGio wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:15 pm
I'm presuming you're doing a joint PR application for the EEA worker and the non-EEA husband?
Yes joint online application
When is the 5-year QP for the wife, and when is the 5-year QP for the husband?
QP started 11oct2013 for both
They need to have been married for 5 years and living here for 5 years.

For the EEA worker wife - if submitting P60s as evidence of work to cover the 5-year QP, you don't actually need to send other evidence of residence - the P60s double-up as evidence of work and residence.
Ok noted
For the husband - as proof of residence you can send the joint account bank statements in his name only. You don't need to send 60 monthly statements
(12 statements x 5 years) - it's enough to send say 25 statements (5 statements x 5 years), say January + April + July + October + December. Maybe include a covering letter to explain that the account is joint but the bank has been having technical difficulties with their system, etc.
Ok noted
Theyallknowme wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:20 pm
They suggested to individually submit the bank statement since it has same account number and Home office will be able to know that it is a joint account as the transaction will be same.
Not sure what this means.
Sorry, let me rephrase, TSB has suggested that I should request for my statement separately and submit along with husband bank statement highlighting the account details and sort code. So HO will have 2 separate bank statement (Husband and wife) with same address and same bank details on. In our case it will be 12 statements x 5 years for mine and 12 statements x 5 years for husband.

Many thanks for your input. Much appreciated