ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Redundancy 2 months before ILR on Tier2G

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abal
Newly Registered

Redundancy 2 months before ILR on Tier2G

Post by Abal » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:30 pm

HI everyone! I would like to ask your valuable advice and share your experiences. Unfortunately my company has started the redundancy process and I am on the list. I am eligible to apply for ILR in Feb25, 2019 after 5years. I know ideally it would be better to find another job but it's like to win a lottery now. Not a lot of companies want to sponsor migrants. My questions is can i apply my documents without company letter with a wording "forseeable future". Instead they want to write "made redundant". If I have to leave the company do I need to take the letter with all my holidays spend outside the country during my employment with them? I don't know it's a bad luck or nightmare when it's too close to ILR. Thanks in advance!

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Redundancy 2 months before ILR on Tier2G

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:16 am

No. Your application will be refused.

Only the other tier 2 job can help you in this case, find one before your visa expired/ or curtailed.

Very very unlucky and bad situation unfortunately...
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.