ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - Late Notification Salary Increase

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aplinhar
Mood:
Brazil

Tier 2 - Late Notification Salary Increase

Post by aplinhar » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:25 pm

Hey all,

Thanks in advance for any help. My company gave me a substantial salary increase beginning of this year when I assumed a more senior position within my team but has never informed the change via SMS.

My history:

Job title: Software Engineer
Job type: 2129 Engineering professionals not elsewhere classified
Sumary of job description: very generic one for the area, mentioning co-ordinating and being a key menber of the team.

- Tier 2 general granted in April/2014
- Arrived in the UK in May/2014
- Extended in December/2016 and got until January/2020
- IRL planned for Abril/May 2020

My salary grew every year since I arrived (around 2kevery year) due to performance/annual raise. This year I took on the management position in my team and got a £9k raise, however my duties and position are basically the same...we just become "senior" of that role when you are a manager. I still develop software and deal with technical issues...what I was hired to do back in 2014.

So hopefully, no SOC code change!

Some other people have received £5k or even £7k since we had lots of open management positions going on and a person almost left the company...he got a big raise too.

Reading more and more in this forum, it seems that my company should have informed this salary change to SMS - which they throught wasn't needed since the role itself hasn't changed that much.

Is there a way to make a notification of an increase of months ago?

In the SMS system, where can I find that? Is it a form in the website or do I need to e-mail UKVI?

Cheers,

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 2 - Late Notification Salary Increase

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:47 am

aplinhar wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:25 pm
Hey all,

Thanks in advance for any help. My company gave me a substantial salary increase beginning of this year when I assumed a more senior position within my team but has never informed the change via SMS.

My history:

Job title: Software Engineer
Job type: 2129 Engineering professionals not elsewhere classified
Sumary of job description: very generic one for the area, mentioning co-ordinating and being a key menber of the team.

- Tier 2 general granted in April/2014
- Arrived in the UK in May/2014
- Extended in December/2016 and got until January/2020
- IRL planned for Abril/May 2020

My salary grew every year since I arrived (around 2kevery year) due to performance/annual raise. This year I took on the management position in my team and got a £9k raise, however my duties and position are basically the same...we just become "senior" of that role when you are a manager. I still develop software and deal with technical issues...what I was hired to do back in 2014.

So hopefully, no SOC code change!

Some other people have received £5k or even £7k since we had lots of open management positions going on and a person almost left the company...he got a big raise too.

Reading more and more in this forum, it seems that my company should have informed this salary change to SMS - which they throught wasn't needed since the role itself hasn't changed that much.

Is there a way to make a notification of an increase of months ago? Yes. they should just inform the HO as soon as possible. you will have trouble when you apply ILR if the salary are significantly not matching SMS system.

In the SMS system, where can I find that? Is it a form in the website or do I need to e-mail UKVI? Your employer knows.

Cheers,
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.