ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FM application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

naija99
Member of Standing

EEA FM application

Post by naija99 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:42 am

A wife moved from Spain in June. Started working in October and set up home. Nigerian Husband arrived in November on a visit visa with their 3 Spanish kids and has now applied for for a residence card on EEA FM. Will there be any issue with his application as wife has not been working in the UK for a whole year.

naija99
Member of Standing

Re: EEA FM application

Post by naija99 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:47 am

Can anyone advise?

wilsonwkz
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by wilsonwkz » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:04 am

naija99 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:42 am
A wife moved from Spain in June. Started working in October and set up home. Nigerian Husband arrived in November on a visit visa with their 3 Spanish kids and has now applied for for a residence card on EEA FM. Will there be any issue with his application as wife has not been working in the UK for a whole year.
Should be fine if you able to provide 3 months payslips and 3 months bank statements together with a original letter that requires from employer.

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:30 am

Thank you wilsonwkz
I was wondering if there was a requirement for the wife to have been working for at least one year which i saw secret.simon had referred to in some other posts on this forum.

wilsonwkz
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by wilsonwkz » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:05 pm

naija99 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:30 am
Thank you wilsonwkz
I was wondering if there was a requirement for the wife to have been working for at least one year which i saw secret.simon had referred to in some other posts on this forum.
not at all. in fact recently one applicant's spouse only worked 2 months in her new job when they apply for residence card and the applicant got the it without any problem. Just follow the official guideline and you will be fine.

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:47 pm

Ok thanks very much wilsonwkz

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:52 pm

naija99 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:30 am
Thank you wilsonwkz
That is generally the rule for spouses of British citizens, who need to prove annual earnings of a specified amount. There is no such requirement for spouses of non-British EEA citizens.

Is the wife a non-British EEA citizen? If so, so long as she proves that she is a worker, her husband's application should be fine.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:23 am

Yes she’s non British EEA.
Thanks for the clarification secret.simon