ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa Issue

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ancientdebaptist
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa Issue

Post by ancientdebaptist » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I received my Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa two days ago. I applied for the full five years but on the visa it states that it is only valid until January 10th of 2019. I'm not sure if it's an error but it seems that way. I can't understand why they would award me a Tier 1 visa as short as that. I've contacted UKVI for information but it seems the only option is an administrative review. The problem is, since I'm outside the UK and my application was not refused (therefore no refusal letter), I don't have an address to send an application for administrative review. Does anybody have any ideas? And has anybody heard of Tier 1 visas being issued for such a short period?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa Issue

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:05 pm

An entry clearance vignette is only issued for 30 days. You must enter the UK within this period and collect your brp card from your designated post office within 10 days of arrival. The brp card is your full visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.