ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Standard Visitor Visa valid for distant cousins?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MS982C
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Non-EEA UK visitor visa travel restrictions?

Post by MS982C » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I just have a quick question, please.

I am an EU national and wish to invite my non-EU relative for 10-15 days holiday to show them the UK and also travel to the Netherlands for a few days.

My questions are:

- Which visa is suitable for this purpose?
- Will they be able to travel to other EU countries with their non-EU passport but UK visa?

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Non-EEA UK visitor visa travel restrictions?

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:38 pm

A UK visitor visa is only valid for the UK and not for the whole of the EU. They would need a Schengen visa for Europe.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MS982C
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by MS982C » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:24 pm

Thank you for your reply CR001.

I have a further question if you could give me some insight into, I would be forever grateful.

The persons that I want to invite is my cousin with her daughter. They are therefore not my close relatives (parents or siblings). Will this cause any disadvantage/problem when applying for the Standard Visitor Visa? Do I need to provide proof of relationship and/or regular communication when applying for the visa?

Thank you for your time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:26 pm

For a UK visitor visa, they must submit evidence of strong ties to home country (social, employment, school, family, savings, property, etc etc)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MS982C
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by MS982C » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:41 pm

Thanks for getting back to me.

- She has good excellent ties with the home country (with documents to prove this)
- will return within 15 days of visiting the UK (with return tickets booked, for example)

Only concern is the fact that she is a distant relative with a dependent child... what do you think?

MS982C
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Is Standard Visitor Visa valid for distant cousins?

Post by MS982C » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:57 pm

Hi all,

Can a person invite their (distant) cousin to the UK with a standard visitor visa?
Is it a requirement that there is a blood relationship between the sponsor and the visitor?

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is Standard Visitor Visa valid for distant cousins?

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:01 pm

You can invite ANYONE, it does NOT have to be a blood relative.

The requirements are that the person applying must prove their strong ties to home country with evidence as already advised. They have to convince the eco that they are genuine visitors and will leave the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)