ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

does BIOMETRIC card get TAKEN by UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

osaz0062
Nigeria

does BIOMETRIC card get TAKEN by UKVCAS

Post by osaz0062 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:56 am

hello

my query is during a visit, do UKVCAS take your old biometric resident permit with them.
i plan to make an application for indefinite leave to remain in the summer, but my leave doesn't expire till 2021. i want to still have my residence permit as proof of ID while my application is being processed

any insight would be EXTREMELY grateful

pride88
Mood:
India

Re: does BIOMETRIC card get TAKEN by UKVCAS

Post by pride88 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:11 am

No!The old BRP becomes invalid as soon as you get your new BRP.

osaz0062
Nigeria

Post by osaz0062 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:05 am

pride88 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:11 am
No!The old BRP becomes invalid as soon as you get your new BRP.
thank you for your swift response
just to clarify they dont take the old one then?

mine expires in 2021 but im applying for ilr this summer, so will still need it to prove residence and status during the 6 months of the application.

pride88
Mood:
India

Post by pride88 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:51 am

in the old application method, You have to send your BRP to the HO and once your application is successful they send you your new BRP.

In the new UKVCAS way, you retain all your originals, that means your BRP too, which i think you must either destroy it or contact the UKVI to see what to do with it and then destroy it.

In Your current BRP WILL STILL be only valid till the decision of your ILR is reached by the HO and you receive your new BRP. Once you get your new brp, you must never use the old BRP.

osaz0062
Nigeria

Post by osaz0062 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:33 pm

pride88 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:51 am
in the old application method, You have to send your BRP to the HO and once your application is successful they send you your new BRP.

In the new UKVCAS way, you retain all your originals, that means your BRP too, which i think you must either destroy it or contact the UKVI to see what to do with it and then destroy it.

In Your current BRP WILL STILL be only valid till the decision of your ILR is reached by the HO and you receive your new BRP. Once you get your new brp, you must never use the old BRP.
Thank you so much, so happy to hear that.
The thought of being without my biometric for 6 months while my application was with the home office is horrible, but you genuinely put my mind completely at ease.
thank you again

pride88
Mood:
India

Post by pride88 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:39 pm

osaz0062 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:33 pm
pride88 wrote:

The thought of being without my biometric for 6 months while my application was with the home office is horrible, but you genuinely put my mind completely at ease.
thank you again
I got my decision letter today from HO. in that it was mentioned that old BRP must be sent back to the HO. In your decision letter you will get those details on what to do with your BRP. Dont do anything rash with your old BRP otherwise you will get a 1000 pound penalty. Thought i will just update you.

osaz0062
Nigeria

Post by osaz0062 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:54 pm

pride88 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:39 pm
osaz0062 wrote:
pride88 wrote:

thank you again
I got my decision letter today from HO. in that it was mentioned that old BRP must be sent back to the HO. In your decision letter you will get those details on what to do with your BRP. Dont do anything rash with your old BRP otherwise you will get a 1000 pound penalty. Thought i will just update you.
thank you for this
just to clarify your saying it has to be sent back AFTER a decision has been made on the application?

pride88
Mood:
India

Post by pride88 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:17 am

osaz0062 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:54 pm
pride88 wrote:
osaz0062 wrote:
pride88 wrote:

thank you again
thank you for this
just to clarify your saying it has to be sent back AFTER a decision has been made on the application?
yes, once you get your new BRP, you must give the old BRP to the UKVI.

osaz0062
Nigeria

Post by osaz0062 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:39 am

pride88 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:17 am
osaz0062 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:54 pm
pride88 wrote:
osaz0062 wrote:

thank you again
thank you for this
yes, once you get your new BRP, you must give the old BRP to the UKVI.
Thank you very very much