ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ianone

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by ianone » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:46 pm

badhodor wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:41 pm
oldmankensey wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:38 pm
badhodor wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:35 pm
How to reach out to the FT people?
I have been waiting since 1st December!!!

Wrote to MP - No response
Complained to their complaints email - No response
Escalated 3 times - Standard email that it is within service standards

No communication whatsoever!!!

The article doesn't capture how bad it actually is!!!!
This is the article writer's twitter:
social media link removed by moderator
I found her email on her twitter handle, as I don't use twitter I am going to email her the whole story of my suffering at the hands of HO's joke of this super priority service. Let's hope HO does something about it
Maybe add a link to the post which shows the list of when people applied and still haven't received any communication? Best of luck!

manish7490
Newly Registered
India

Sopra steria super priority set o

Post by manish7490 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:18 pm

My experience of new online application system and new appointment system with Sopra Steria.

1. My Tier 2 General was issued on 16th Jan, 2014 so i am eligible to apply from 19th Dec,2018, 28 days criteria. I submitted my application on 19th Dec, opted for Super Priority Service and paid £3018.

2. At the end of payment i was taken to page which directs you to Sopra Steria website, it asks to create online account and then documents can be uploaded and appointment can be booked.

3. The only appointments available to any center around me was at Croyden and fortunately it was free. So i booked for 23rd Dec, 12pm slot, very unusual for them to open on Sunday. In the meantime i uploaded all the documents online.

4. Reached the centre, very friendly staff, they directed me to do bio metrics at one of the stations and then I was asked to go to one of the desks for document checking. The staff checked only the documents as per Home office list in the application checklist although i uploaded so many others too.

5. After viewing all the documents, the staff submitted my full application to home office.

6. Lets see if Home office respond within 24 hours as promised timeline of super priority service... keep you posted.

Saninsts
Newly Registered
India

Post by Saninsts » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:32 am

FT reports this Visa outsourcing service puts applicants at risk of deportation. Home Office pilot scheme may face legal challenge from immigration lawyers.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:40 am

Hi all,
Had Sopra Steria appointment this morning...was very quick and seamless. The staff were all very helpful and efficient (or trying to be as they all wanted to leave by noon today). I made sure all my documents were good quality on their screen..i had to ask the agent to turn the screen over so I could see everything. I had uploaded a couple documents in the wrong sections, so she proceeded to re-scan and upload them for me..I asked her what she was doing with the duplicate scan which were in the wrong sections..she advised she wasn’t going to remove and leave in there too..think I preferred that anyway so that she didn’t accidentally remove something that shouldn’t have been. At first I thought I shouldn’t be letting her mess around with my folders, but I asked her to show me each item one by one just to ensure everything was in the right sections (and nothing was deleted!) She did ask me if I was comfortable with everything before she pressed SEND. Overall easy and efficient appointment finished in 20 mins. The agent even went as far to say everyone who has applied with super priority were receiving their decision within a few days..appreciated her optimism but really just wanted to roll my eyes!! Now I just wait ....

ianone

Post by ianone » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:14 pm

allyf wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:40 am
Hi all,
Had Sopra Steria appointment this morning...was very quick and seamless. The staff were all very helpful and efficient (or trying to be as they all wanted to leave by noon today). I made sure all my documents were good quality on their screen..i had to ask the agent to turn the screen over so I could see everything. I had uploaded a couple documents in the wrong sections, so she proceeded to re-scan and upload them for me..I asked her what she was doing with the duplicate scan which were in the wrong sections..she advised she wasn’t going to remove and leave in there too..think I preferred that anyway so that she didn’t accidentally remove something that shouldn’t have been. At first I thought I shouldn’t be letting her mess around with my folders, but I asked her to show me each item one by one just to ensure everything was in the right sections (and nothing was deleted!) She did ask me if I was comfortable with everything before she pressed SEND. Overall easy and efficient appointment finished in 20 mins. The agent even went as far to say everyone who has applied with super priority were receiving their decision within a few days..appreciated her optimism but really just wanted to roll my eyes!! Now I just wait ....

Hey Allyf,

I had my appointment as well.

I had my appointment time as 11am, but I went at 10.35am they registered my right away as they wanted to finish early. Finished at 11.20am.

Mine took around 45mins as I had to do my biometrics twice due to system not scanning the passport properly.

I made the mistake of not checking all the files on the screen. The girl working on 1st desk just checked the mandatory docs. They also checked marriage certificate and bank statement as I had some issues uploading them.

Apart from that she didn't check anything else. When I mentioned that to ensure it is being submitted as super priority. They showed it was being submitted as super priority but they can't say if I will get answer within 24hours. Which contradicts to what they told you.

Now it's a waiting game...

Saddy2018
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Saddy2018 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:20 pm

My timeline for tier-4 (student visa) visa extension using super priority service;

Applied online (new service): 17 Dec 2018 (Monday)

Bio-metric & docs check at Sopera: 24 Dec 2018 at 10:00am (today) at Glasgow, Scotland.

Decision: received decision via email at 12:07 am (visa granted).

It took less than 2 hours to decide my case and issue visa.

I’m pretty impressed with Sopera service, my appointment time was 10:00 but I went there at 9;45 and whole process took less than 30 min (including wait). First they call me for biometric and pic and it took only 2-3 min and then ask me to wait for docs check, and then within 10 min then call me for docs check, as I’ve already uploaded scan docs prior to visit, it was easy job for them. Just they checked that docs were submitted in good format but they did scan all pages of passport. It took around 10 min or so, and then I was free to go.

Whilst coming back to home from Glasgow, I received email from Sheffield visa office that my visa is granted and I’ll be receive letter and BRP soon...

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:27 pm

ianone wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:14 pm
allyf wrote:
Hi all,

Hey Allyf,

I had my appointment time as 11am, but I went at 10.35am they registered my right away as they wanted to finish early. Finished at 11.20am.

Mine took around 45mins as I had to do my biometrics twice due to system not scanning the passport properly.

I made the mistake of not checking all the files on the screen. The girl working on 1st desk just checked the mandatory docs. They also checked marriage certificate and bank statement as I had some issues uploading them.

Apart from that she didn't check anything else. When I mentioned that to ensure it is being submitted as super priority. They showed it was being submitted as super priority but they can't say if I will get answer within 24hours. Which contradicts to what they told you.

Yes I’m sure it was the same girl who was helping. She was the only female from what I could see. She was overly optimistic with me, but probably she just started her shift and was in a better mood. I too had issues with the biometrics kiosk..it wasn’t taking my photo or fingerprint. So the girl did it all at her desk. I made sure to see she got my fingerprints properly too, just cant trust anyone!

ianone

Post by ianone » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Saddy2018 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:20 pm
My timeline for tier-4 (student visa) visa extension using super priority service;

Bio-metric & docs check at Sopera: 24 Dec 2018 at 10:00am (today) at Glasgow, Scotland.

I’m pretty impressed with Sopera service, my appointment time was 10:00 but I went there at 9;45 and whole process took less than 30 min (including wait). First they call me for biometric and pic and it took only 2-3 min and then ask me to wait for docs check, and then within 10 min then call me for docs check, as I’ve already uploaded scan docs prior to visit, it was easy job for them. Just they checked that docs were submitted in good format but they did scan all pages of passport. It took around 10 min or so, and then I was free to go.

Whilst coming back to home from Glasgow, I received email from Sheffield visa office that my visa is granted and I’ll be receive letter and BRP soon...

That's super quick decision! Congrats.

Maybe it's because it is a student visa?

ianone

Post by ianone » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:40 pm

allyf wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:27 pm
ianone wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:14 pm
allyf wrote:
Hi all,

Hey Allyf,

Yes I’m sure it was the same girl who was helping. She was the only female from what I could see. She was overly optimistic with me, but probably she just started her shift and was in a better mood. I too had issues with the biometrics kiosk..it wasn’t taking my photo or fingerprint. So the girl did it all at her desk. I made sure to see she got my fingerprints properly too, just cant trust anyone!

It's true can't trust anyone as any mistake they make wouldn't affect your application not them.

In my case they asked me to go back to kiosk to do it all over again.

mil10cv
Newly Registered
India

Post by mil10cv » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:35 pm

hi anyone got contact numner to escalate the case for superiority waiting six days now for a decision.

VasilyK
Newly Registered

Post by VasilyK » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi everyone!
One small question, where exactly do you choose the option of Super Priority Service? Is it the part of the application process or it is the part of the services you choose on UKVCAS website?

Thank you for you answers!

ABGM
Newly Registered

Post by ABGM » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:55 pm

My husband applied for ILR on basis of marriage to British citizen after completing 5 years on the spousal visa (FLM) route.
We opted for the new process with UKVCAS and entering biometrics at local center. After we submitted ILR application, we were able to immediately create an account with UKVCAS/Sopra Steria and book a biometrics appointment. Warrington Library was not available for booking at that time (they went Live in November however had technical issues so they suspended all appointments until it is fixed. I understand it is fixed, however Sopra Steria website isn’t allowing appointments to be made just yet). As we wanted a quick decision, we opted for Manchester Library and though the appointment was in a week’s time, as there was only a 09:30 slot available, they charged £100.00. I’ve subsequently found out that outside of the core hours (10:00 to 16:00), appointments are charged at the higher rate.
On the Wednesday morning, in Manchester Library, Sopra Steria is located on the Lower Ground level not far from the children’s section (there are little sign boards). Staff there are very helpful and friendly. We were in there for approx. 45 minutes which was a little longer than others took, however we had uploaded 90 documents (!) and some re-categorisation was required. Sopra Steria re-scanned them for free and put them under the categories as per their Gov guidance, which frustratingly isn’t on the website!). We had opted for a super priority service as part of his online ILR application at the very end when paying and the Home Office emailed us 27 hours after we left is biometric appointment clearly stating that his Indefinite Leave To Remain application had been successful. There was no attempt at delivery of his permit card on the Friday, i.e. the next working day after his visa had been successfully granted, but it did arrive on Saturday. There is a valid until date on the card, until 31st December 2024. I understand the reason for that is an EU imposed date for biometric upgrading / security, please see this thread: indefinite-leave-to-remain/permanent-re ... 53644.html

Regarding document categorisation, we had put both of our payslips and my bank statements under the category “Sponsor / Employment”, however Sopra Steria re-scanned them for free and put them under “Finances”.
For us, we did put the following documents under the following categories.
Other – documentation showing his child lives in the UK, the application form advises that the applicant must demonstrate they have a genuine, subsisting and active parental relationship. We included birth certificate, passport, letter from child’s school confirming where they normally live (believe doctor’s, hospital, nursery letters are agreeable too), evidence showing access (e.g. a court document or divorce agreement), evidence showing parental responsibility (e.g. a divorce settlement agreement). We also put in screenshots with child, with child’s parent discussing visitation, photos over past 3 years.
Residence in the UK – Shared bills, 6 documents over the past 2.5 years in both names. Mortgage or rental agreements. Also if the applicant is not on the mortgage statement of where they are living, there needs to be a letter by the owner of the property they live in stating that they have permission to live there.
Finances – applicants bank statements for where the payslip money is being credited, and also any other savings bank statements. [As per the above, advise payslips and P60s to go in there]
Life Events – marriage certificate. Imagine if there have been previous marriages the divorce or death certificates
Education – English test certificate (though they verify this through the unique code in application form) and the Life in the UK pass letter.
Sponsor / Employment – Letters from employers. As an FYI, in the employment letter for both applicant and spouse, A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips confirming
1. the employment;
2. the gross annual salary;
3. how long the employment has been/was held;
4. the period over which the person has been paid the level of salary stated in their application; and
5. the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)

For the peace of mind, we paid the addition £600 for a next day decision, rather than a potential wait of 6 months and the uncertainty that the documentation was insufficient or they want different documentation.
Hope the above helps.

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:01 pm

ABGM wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:55 pm
My husband applied for ILR on basis of marriage to British citizen after completing 5 years on the spousal visa (FLM) route.
We opted for the new process with UKVCAS and entering biometrics at local center. After we submitted ILR application, we were able to immediately create an account with UKVCAS/Sopra Steria and book a biometrics appointment. Warrington Library was not available for booking at that time (they went Live in November however had technical issues so they suspended all appointments until it is fixed. I understand it is fixed, however Sopra Steria website isn’t allowing appointments to be made just yet). As we wanted a quick decision, we opted for Manchester Library and though the appointment was in a week’s time, as there was only a 09:30 slot available, they charged £100.00. I’ve subsequently found out that outside of the core hours (10:00 to 16:00), appointments are charged at the higher rate.
On the Wednesday morning, in Manchester Library, Sopra Steria is located on the Lower Ground level not far from the children’s section (there are little sign boards). Staff there are very helpful and friendly. We were in there for approx. 45 minutes which was a little longer than others took, however we had uploaded 90 documents (!) and some re-categorisation was required. Sopra Steria re-scanned them for free and put them under the categories as per their Gov guidance, which frustratingly isn’t on the website!). We had opted for a super priority service as part of his online ILR application at the very end when paying and the Home Office emailed us 27 hours after we left is biometric appointment clearly stating that his Indefinite Leave To Remain application had been successful. There was no attempt at delivery of his permit card on the Friday, i.e. the next working day after his visa had been successfully granted, but it did arrive on Saturday. There is a valid until date on the card, until 31st December 2024. I understand the reason for that is an EU imposed date for biometric upgrading / security, please see this thread: indefinite-leave-to-remain/permanent-re ... 53644.html

Regarding document categorisation, we had put both of our payslips and my bank statements under the category “Sponsor / Employment”, however Sopra Steria re-scanned them for free and put them under “Finances”.
Other – documentation showing his child lives in the UK, the application form advises that the applicant must demonstrate they have a genuine, subsisting and active parental relationship. We included birth certificate, passport, letter from child’s school confirming where they normally live (believe doctor’s, hospital, nursery letters are agreeable too), evidence showing access (e.g. a court document or divorce agreement), evidence showing parental responsibility (e.g. a divorce settlement agreement). We also put in screenshots with child, with child’s parent discussing visitation, photos over past 3 years.
Residence in the UK – Shared bills, 6 documents over the past 2.5 years in both names. Mortgage or rental agreements. Also if the applicant is not on the mortgage statement of where they are living, there needs to be a letter by the owner of the property they live in stating that they have permission to live there.
Finances – applicants bank statements for where the payslip money is being credited, and also any other savings bank statements. [As per the above, advise payslips and P60s to go in there]
Life Events – marriage certificate. Imagine if there have been previous marriages the divorce or death certificates
Education – English test certificate (though they verify this through the unique code in application form) and the Life in the UK pass letter.
Sponsor / Employment – Letters from employers. As an FYI, in the employment letter for both applicant and spouse, A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips confirming
1. the employment;
4. the period over which the person has been paid the level of salary stated in their application; and

For the peace of mind, we paid the addition £600 for a next day decision, rather than a potential wait of 6 months and the uncertainty that the documentation was insufficient or they want different documentation.
Hope the above helps.
Congratulations,can you share your complet support documents And also if you don't mind can you confirm if you did send signed consent declaration to allow home office to check your documents.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:36 pm

ABGM wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:55 pm

1. the employment;

Hope the above helps.
That is REALLY helpful! Thank you! I will cut and paste in my notes ready for when we apply

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:44 pm

allyf wrote:
Hi all,
Great! I am glad it went well. I had heard that, although Sopra Steria can upload documents, they cannot delete or move any that the applicant has uploaded before the appointment. I think this is good! Better to have something up there twice than not at all! Good luck with the waiting now. Hope it is not too long.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:46 pm

Saddy2018 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:20 pm

That is amazing! Congratulations!

bub988
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by bub988 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:33 pm

I've been following this forum to understand the new process and prepare for my Tier 2 (change of employer) application, thanks to everyone who has contributed all the information has been so helpful.

I applied with the Super Priority service and attended my biometrics appointment this morning at the London Premium Lounge, visa was approved just now around 4pm via email!

My timeline for Tier 2 (General) using Super Priority service;

- Application submitted via Legal Representative - 18/12/2018
- Biometrics appointment at Premium Lounge - 24/12/2018 (it was the only appointment available near me when I booked on 18/12)
- Visa granted 24/12/2018, around 4pm

I arrived 15 mins earlier than my appointment time this morning and was only allowed into the lounge at my booked time slot. The place was quite busy, they have a few people turning up for their appointments every 30 mins. I still waited around 45 mins past my appointment time but the whole process was smooth and just took around 15 mins once I was called. I read advice on this forum and went fully prepared with everything scanned in case of any scanning issues. The staff scanned my passport again, took my biometrics and checked my uploaded documents before she submitted everything. I was actually told that I will probably hear back after the public holidays, possibly on 27th and 28th Dec, so was quite surprised to get the email decision just now.

Relieved and happy that the decision was made within the same day! Best of luck to those who are still waiting and hope this information helps future applicants.

jiewo1sheng
Newly Registered
China

Re: Sopra steria super priority set o

Post by jiewo1sheng » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:35 pm

manish7490 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:18 pm
My experience of new online application system and new appointment system with Sopra Steria.

1. My Tier 2 General was issued on 16th Jan, 2014 so i am eligible to apply from 19th Dec,2018, 28 days criteria. I submitted my application on 19th Dec, opted for Super Priority Service and paid £3018.

2. At the end of payment i was taken to page which directs you to Sopra Steria website, it asks to create online account and then documents can be uploaded and appointment can be booked.

3. The only appointments available to any center around me was at Croyden and fortunately it was free. So i booked for 23rd Dec, 12pm slot, very unusual for them to open on Sunday. In the meantime i uploaded all the documents online.

4. Reached the centre, very friendly staff, they directed me to do bio metrics at one of the stations and then I was asked to go to one of the desks for document checking. The staff checked only the documents as per Home office list in the application checklist although i uploaded so many others too.

5. After viewing all the documents, the staff submitted my full application to home office.

6. Lets see if Home office respond within 24 hours as promised timeline of super priority service... keep you posted.
Hello,
It is very emergency for me, please can anyone help!
I have submitted online for my application today however, there is an existing service option for me since I am applying SET M. So I was just curious to check and then there is one available premium service centre appointment in sheffield. So I straight away booked. My question now is my current visa expired date is 21/01/2019, but I submitted today 24/12/2018 is it too early? since I thought this is existing service might be old rules (application date = appointment date 28/12/2018 is my app. date) however I saw your post if your visa expired on 16/01/2019 then I think we both submitted 1 day earlier, right? please let me know your visa updates. Shall I cancel the whole application and reapply before appointment date? Can anyone give advices, HO is closed services for the rest of 2 days I have no one to ask....

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:49 pm

this is insane that there are people getting responses in 12-36 hours, yet there are MANY of us now waiting 3-4 weeks - have all of ours slipped down the back of a radiator?

cja_1234

Post by cja_1234 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:36 pm

oldmankensey wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:49 pm
this is insane that there are people getting responses in 12-36 hours, yet there are MANY of us now waiting 3-4 weeks - have all of ours slipped down the back of a radiator?
I just don't understand how the Home Office can make a mockery of people like this and it is just so unfair that people who made applicantions so earlier are still waiting whole those who made applications later have received decisions. I have been waiting for 3 weeks and I don't even get those generic emails after an escalation.

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:43 pm

reading all the comments it makes me sad bec I just received an email that's my application will take up to 6 months regarding the fact that we paid for the super priority service and i don't understand why they would do that . has anyone else received a decision . I submitted an application on the 7th and today is the 24 . plz help

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:02 pm

I made an SET LR application on 22-Dec-18 at Sopra Steria - Glasgow and have not got any reply yet from Home Office but hoping for Thursday/Friday.

The surprising thing for me was the guy did not check any originals nor any of my passports but just the latest one, he scanned only the first page and after viewing all the documents on his computer, he said I have submitted your application as everything I uploaded is in good quality. This is a bit worrying for me now as most people get passport re-scanned despite its being uploaded by the applicant but in my application, noting was scanned.

ianone

Post by ianone » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:06 pm

frmglasgow wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:02 pm
I made an SET LR application on 22-Dec-18 at Sopra Steria - Glasgow and have not got any reply yet from Home Office but hoping for Thursday/Friday.

The surprising thing for me was the guy did not check any originals nor any of my passports but just the latest one, he scanned only the first page and after viewing all the documents on his computer, he said I have submitted your application as everything I uploaded is in good quality. This is a bit worrying for me now as most people get passport re-scanned despite its being uploaded by the applicant but in my application, noting was scanned.

Hi Frmglasgow,

In my case only current passport personal page and any pages with stamps were scanned. No other originals were checked or scanned.

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:11 pm

ianone wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:06 pm
frmglasgow wrote:

Hi Frmglasgow,

In my case only current passport personal page and any pages with stamps were scanned. No other originals were checked or scanned.
Hi ianone,

My recent passport was new without stamps and I informed him, but he did not look my other 2 passport which had all the stamps from last 10 years.

You had other passports with stamps I believe which you uploaded yourself?
Which application you made and also which centre?

Cheers!

ianone

Post by ianone » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:20 pm

frmglasgow wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:11 pm
ianone wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:06 pm
frmglasgow wrote:

Hi Frmglasgow,

Hi ianone,

My recent passport was new without stamps and I informed him, but he did not look my other 2 passport which had all the stamps from last 10 years.

You had other passports with stamps I believe which you uploaded yourself?
Which application you made and also which centre?

Cheers!
Yeah I did have an older passport with stamps. They said they only needed to scan the latest one with pages that are not blank.

Prior to appointment, I uploaded current and old passport on their website.

My application was for FLRM at Manchester.