ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Super Priority - decision times upto 6 months?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kal79
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Super Priority - decision times upto 6 months?

Post by Kal79 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:24 pm

Hi
I am having same issue. Whenever i upload documents and go back, previously uploaded documents have gone. System is also not giving me option of scanning at centre. What to do? Please respond if someone have a clue. Thanks

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:23 am

Kal79 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:24 pm
Hi
I am having same issue. Whenever i upload documents and go back, previously uploaded documents have gone. System is also not giving me option of scanning at centre. What to do? Please respond if someone have a clue. Thanks
Hi, if you turn your computer off and then turn it back on, the documents will be there. I had this issues before and called them. they told me to do that.

boykingin
Newly Registered

Post by boykingin » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:16 pm

Hi all,

Just to close the loop on this one - my application was approved and I received my BRP card today.

My appointment was the premium lounge in London on Nov-19th. The premium lounge, which although comfortable, is probably not worth the £200 that I paid ( I wanted a decision this week which is why I went with the premium lounge). They assign a person to you and you are called into a private room with scanner and biometrics and overall they make things more comfortable for you.

They scan and check all your documents and then once you are happy that all documents have been uploaded, they submit the application (Note - they do not allow you to see their screen at any point). Post the application submission I did not receive any email confirmation which would have helped settle nerves. What was worse was that even after the decision was made, UKVI did not inform me at all about the status or if the decision was made or not. I finally called UKVI yesterday (Nov-21) for an update and they informed me that they have posted me a parcel - but they could not confirm what the decision was. I finally received the BRP card today and huge relief!

Overall I think the new process is faster but there is much more uncertainty since there was no intimation on if the decision was made or not.

Hope this helps someone and good luck to all who are applying.

griftah1981
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by griftah1981 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:00 am

hello, what is the phone number of UKVi? i want to ask an update about my application last November 26, 2018

zhzaidi14
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zhzaidi14 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:09 pm

griftah1981 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:00 am
hello, what is the phone number of UKVi? i want to ask an update about my application last November 26, 2018
0300 123 2241

TheDon
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by TheDon » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:39 pm

boykingin wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:16 pm
Hi all,

Just to close the loop on this one - my application was approved and I received my BRP card today.

My appointment was the premium lounge in London on Nov-19th. The premium lounge, which although comfortable, is probably not worth the £200 that I paid ( I wanted a decision this week which is why I went with the premium lounge). They assign a person to you and you are called into a private room with scanner and biometrics and overall they make things more comfortable for you.

They scan and check all your documents and then once you are happy that all documents have been uploaded, they submit the application (Note - they do not allow you to see their screen at any point). Post the application submission I did not receive any email confirmation which would have helped settle nerves. What was worse was that even after the decision was made, UKVI did not inform me at all about the status or if the decision was made or not. I finally called UKVI yesterday (Nov-21) for an update and they informed me that they have posted me a parcel - but they could not confirm what the decision was. I finally received the BRP card today and huge relief!

Overall I think the new process is faster but there is much more uncertainty since there was no intimation on if the decision was made or not.

Hope this helps someone and good luck to all who are applying.
Thanks for posting this. You've answered all the questions I had.

I attended my (free) appointment in Croydon (wasn't going to pay £200+ for the Premium Lounge after having already paid £3018), This was on Fri 23/11/18.
It is Thursday 28/11 today and I've had no communication whatsoever from the Home Office. I paid for the Super priority 24h "new service". I called them this morning and asked for an update as the turn around time has gone past the stated service time. They took all my details and have said someone from the home office would get in touch in 3-5 business days.

I note that no one seems to have actually heard back until they prompted and received the post with their BRP.

SanelaBH
Newly Registered
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Post by SanelaBH » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi everyone , just wanted to share our ( my husband's spouse ILR application ) experience with Super Priority service in London Premium centre . His appointment was on Saturday ( 01.12. 2018 ) at midday , we found the service was fast and quite pleasant stress free experience . He received an email from the home office today ( 04.01.2018 ) to say that his application was successful and that he will recieve his decision letter and BRP in due course . We assume this means it will be here in few days .
Best luck to you all

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:26 pm

Congratulations! It appears they are now sending emails confirming success! Were you able to go in with him for biometrics or did you have to wait in another area?

SanelaBH
Newly Registered
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Post by SanelaBH » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi ,thank you , Yes ,I went in with him for biometrics and uploading of documents .

jibrankayub
Newly Registered

Post by jibrankayub » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:42 pm

I received the same 6-months email one day after I submitted my super priority ILR form.
I had my appointment today at 12:00 in East Croydon centre. Appointment took only 15-20 minutes. Staff at the centre (who was verifying my document) told me that I should get some acknowledgement email in few hours, but I have not received anything yet.

When I told him about the 6-month email, he had no idea and told me that it "might be" an automated email sent to me by mistake.

Anyway, as it is already end of day, I will call them on Monday. Fingers crossed.

jibrankayub
Newly Registered

Post by jibrankayub » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:35 pm

jibrankayub wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:42 pm
I received the same 6-months email one day after I submitted my super priority ILR form.
I had my appointment today at 12:00 in East Croydon centre. Appointment took only 15-20 minutes. Staff at the centre (who was verifying my document) told me that I should get some acknowledgement email in few hours, but I have not received anything yet.

When I told him about the 6-month email, he had no idea and told me that it "might be" an automated email sent to me by mistake.

Anyway, as it is already end of day, I will call them on Monday. Fingers crossed.
Just an update: Got ILR confirmation email today (i.e. Monday)

aear9389
Newly Registered

Post by aear9389 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:12 pm

Has anyone who submitted their application through UKCVAS received a request for further information yet?

I have my Croydon appointment (ILR Super Priority) this coming Friday 21 Dec - the day before leaving town a few days for Christmas.

Given the delays reported by most (all?) who submitted Super Priority, I'm not altogether too worried about missing my decision letter/BRP delivery.

I'm more concerned that I might miss a request to submit further information (i.e. more evidence of correspondence, etc)

Has anyone received one of these yet, and if so, did it have a time limit on submitting the further information? Also, what was the process for submitting the additional evidence - do you upload again through Sopra Steria?

(I remember receiving one such request on a previous FLR application, and I vaguely remember there being a time limit but I can't remember how long it was... and of course it was in the old system, so I had to post it in..)

PS. I also received the 6 month decision time email from Home Office upon submission of application 13 Dec... I guess this must be their stock email, regardless of whether you paid the extra £600 for (supposedly) 24 hour turnaround!

ABGM
Newly Registered

Post by ABGM » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:53 pm

My husband applied for ILR on basis of marriage to British citizen after completing 5 years on the spousal visa (FLM) route.
We opted for the new process with UKVCAS and entering biometrics at local center. After we submitted ILR application, we were able to immediately create an account with UKVCAS/Sopra Steria and book a biometrics appointment. Warrington Library was not available for booking at that time (they went Live in November however had technical issues so they suspended all appointments until it is fixed. I understand it is fixed, however Sopra Steria website isn’t allowing appointments to be made just yet). As we wanted a quick decision, we opted for Manchester Library and though the appointment was in a week’s time, as there was only a 09:30 slot available, they charged £100.00. I’ve subsequently found out that outside of the core hours (10:00 to 16:00), appointments are charged at the higher rate.
On the Wednesday morning, in Manchester Library, Sopra Steria is located on the Lower Ground level not far from the children’s section (there are little sign boards). Staff there are very helpful and friendly. We were in three for approx. 45 minutes which was a little longer than others took, however we had uploaded 90 documents (!) and some re-categorisation was required. Sopra Steria re-scanned them for free and put them under the categories as per their Gov guidance, which frustratingly isn’t on the website!). We had opted for a super priority service and the Home Office emailed us 27 hours after we left is biometric appointment clearly stating that his Indefinite Leave To Remain application had been successful. There was no attempt at delivery of his permit card on the Friday, i.e. the next working day after his visa had been successfully granted, but it did arrive on Saturday. There is a valid until date on the card, until 31st December 2024. I understand the reason for that is an EU imposed date for biometric upgrading / security, please see this thread: indefinite-leave-to-remain/permanent-re ... 53644.html

Regarding document categorisation, we had put both of our payslips and my bank statements under the category “Sponsor / Employment”, however Sopra Steria re-scanned them for free and put them under “Finances”.
For us, we did put the following documents under the following categories.
Other – documentation showing his child lives in the UK, the application form advises that the applicant must demonstrate they have a genuine, subsisting and active parental relationship. We included birth certificate, passport, letter from child’s school confirming where they normally live (believe doctor’s, hospital, nursery letters are agreeable too), evidence showing access (e.g. a court document or divorce agreement), evidence showing parental responsibility (e.g. a divorce settlement agreement). We also put in screenshots with child, with child’s parent discussing visitation, photos over past 3 years.
Residence in the UK – Shared bills, 6 documents over the past 2.5 years in both names. Mortgage or rental agreements. Also if the applicant is not on the mortgage statement of where they are living, there needs to be a letter by the owner of the property they live in stating that they have permission to live there.
Finances – applicants bank statements for where the payslip money is being credited, and also any other savings bank statements. [As per the above, advise payslips and P60s to go in there]
Life Events – marriage certificate. Imagine if there have been previous marriages the divorce or death certificates
Education – English test certificate (though they verify this through the unique code in application form) and the Life in the UK pass letter.
Sponsor / Employment – Letters from employers. As an FYI, in the employment letter for both applicant and spouse, A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips confirming
1. the employment;
2. the gross annual salary;
3. how long the employment has been/was held;
4. the period over which the person has been paid the level of salary stated in their application; and
5. the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)

For the peace of mind, we paid the addition £600 for a next day decision, rather than a potential wait of 6 months and the uncertainty that the documentation was insufficient or they want different documentation.
Hope the above helps.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Kindly post in the existing super priority topic to avoid repetitive and duplicate posts.

general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvcas-sup ... 5-740.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.