ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive sickness insurance vs British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lola89
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Comprehensive sickness insurance vs British Citizenship

Post by lola89 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi everyone

I have important question about Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI). Maybe I describe my story from the beginning. About month ago I applied for British Citizenship with AN Form. About 2 weeks ago my biometric details has been taken and a few days ago I got letter from Home Office asked me to give additional evidence of residence to cover the period from January 2018 to the moment when I applied for citizenship. My situation looks that at present I don't work. I stoopped wor in September 2017. I taking care for my family and attending for course in local college. I am a student from Sept 2017 to present.
Home Office send me a list of documents which I can use to proof my residence. Unfortynately, only one category from this documents which applied to me is a letter from college confirmed that I am student, but here is a problem...
Together with letter from college they ask also for proof of sickness insurance and I unforunately don't have it. I didn't know when I started college that I need some.I thought if I have Pernamnet Resident card I don't need it. Now is t late...
My questions are:
1) Do I should send to Home Office only letter form college and explain why I don't have CSI? Thet probably refuse my application in this case...
2) Can I have some legal consequences from Home Office side because I do not have CSI if required?
3) Maybe better sent them only documets for this period which I have (for example: council tax, letter from GP, bank satement, mortgage letter etc) and do not mention that I am student. I know that this aren't documents which they ask but I have to send them somethig.

I willbe grateful for any answers. Probably my application will be refuse anyway because I can't proof my residence but I am afraid about additional problems because of lack of CSI for required period.

Thanks for answers.

lola89
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Re: Comprehensive sickness insurance vs British Citizenship

Post by lola89 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:53 pm

Hey
I forgot to ask if lack of SCI insurance for foreginers who don't work but study is a breach of immigration law?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:00 pm

What date did you get Permanent Residence (as a family member of an EU citizen)? And the period they are querying is between that date and the AN application?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

lola89
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by lola89 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:10 pm

I got my Permanent Residence card issued in April 2017 but date on letter that come with PR is backdated that I have right to PR from December 2011. I appiled for PR as a worker because I used to work all time from Nov 2006 to Sept 2017. And a period which Home Office ask me to confirm my residence is From Jan 2018 to Nov 2018 when I do not work only was at college.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:02 pm

My understanding is that when you have PR you no longer have to exercise Treaty Rights, for example work, or study and hold CSI. So you should explain this in writing, and enclose the college letter, but you may as well provide all the evidence you got.It's not an immigration offence not having CSI. Provide what they ask for, plus anything else that supports your case.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

lola89
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by lola89 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:03 am

Thank you for answer alterhase58.
I have to say that I am struggling to send them only letter from college without SCI. I am afraid that Home Office pay extra attention on this and send me a letter that I am here illegeal or something like that and I can have even bigger trouble. I
On the other hand, if I do not send them what they want my AN application may by rejected immediately.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:50 am

If you don't respond they will reject the application and your fee is lost.
Send them the college letter plus other evidence. As you have PR you are not illegal.

lola89
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by lola89 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:39 am

Thanks alterhase58.

But do you think that my PR is still valid when I applied as a worker and now I am unemployed but only student. But my husband works so I am still family member EEA National. I am really confused, my mistake that I don't check this earlier.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:48 am

lola89 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:39 am
Thanks alterhase58.

But do you think that my PR is still valid when I applied as a worker and now I am unemployed but only student. But my husband works so I am still family member EEA National. I am really confused, my mistake that I don't check this earlier.
PR = Permanent Residence (unless you leave the country for more than two years).

This means you are free from immigration restrictions - you have PR in your own right now - and you can do what you like, work or not, study, etc.

lola89
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by lola89 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:23 pm

Thank you again.
I have another question. In AN application I do not mention that I am a student because I didn't see in AN application any section about this and also AN Guide Book and AN Naturalisation Booklet - The requirememnts also don't mention anywhere this kind of situation. I filled AN form trully but I thought that this is not relevant in this case because I met all requirements which were mention in AN Naturalisation Boook. If now I sent them letter that I am also a student can I have some legal consequences that I conceal some information. I am a bit emotionally about this topic because i really had good intentions and thoughts that I do everything right.

jgreen6123
BANNED
Christmas Island

Post by jgreen6123 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:20 pm

lola89 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:23 pm
can I have some legal consequences that I conceal some information.
No legal consequence, a refusal is possible.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:38 pm

Make sure you reply to UKVI ASAP.