ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - from PBS Dependent - Online application Documents requirements using UKVCAS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashleyransoo

ILR - from PBS Dependent - Online application Documents requirements using UKVCAS

Post by ashleyransoo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Dear moderators,

I apologise for my ignorance on the new service and the online application to apply for ILR from PBS dependent.

My wife is currently applying for ILR following 5 years residence on PBS dependant visa. I was on Tier 2 G then got ILR then naturalised.

I suppose it is still the same requirements as Set (O) paper form. However, the online application does not have sections to enter the absences, unless I'm missing something.

From the documents to submit to the UKVCAS following the application submission, there are only the following being mentioned as part of the online application:
1.The passport issued by XXXXX for Mrs XXXXX (applicant)
2. Applicant's Life in the UK Test pass notification
3. Evidence of Applicant's immigration status in the UK (BRP I suppose in this case)
4. Declaration signed by Applicant to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks (separate pdf to be printed and completed by applicant and partner)
5. Documents to show the public funds I or anyone else who is part of this application received any time during the 12-month period prior to the date of my application, showing payment for each of the public fund(s) I or anyone else who is part of this application received. For example, this can include bank statements or letters. - (Bank statements last 12 months for child benefit from Partner I suppose)
9. Current Biometric Residence Permit
Are these sifficient and the only docs to submit?

I cannot see anywhere asking for the following with the online application, are these still required?:
a. Bank statements for xxxxx for verification checks, not being asked
b. Cohabitation proof for 2 years, not being asked
c. English language requirements - entered the reference number for Trinity College B1, but not asking for the paper certificate
d. declaring absences for dependents
Many thanks in advance.

Look forward to hear from you or anyone else who have submitted recently using the new service.

Kindest regards,
Ashley.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: ILR - from PBS Dependent - Online application Documents requirements using UKVCAS

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:35 pm

better just provide the evidence just like the paper form. they are all electronic anyway
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

ashleyransoo

Re: ILR - from PBS Dependent - Online application Documents requirements using UKVCAS

Post by ashleyransoo » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:11 pm

Many thanks for the response. I guess it’s still not clear what the new service would look like in its entirety.

Could someone please send me the policy guidance for Set(O) please? I can’t seem to even be able to download it from the archived gov.uk sites. It re-directs to the online application url.

Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards,
Ashley.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:15 pm

ashleyransoo wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:11 pm
Many thanks for the response. I guess it’s still not clear what the new service would look like in its entirety.

Could someone please send me the policy guidance for Set(O) please? I can’t seem to even be able to download it from the archived gov.uk sites. It re-directs to the online application url.

Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards,
Ashley.

You should follow the relevant guide for your Tier category. Also there is definitely place where you have to enter the absences from UK in SET (O) form (reply to your earlier post)
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ntt05r
Vietnam

Post by ntt05r » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:44 pm

Hi Ashley

Have you got an answer to your question? I am wondering the same thing - the lack of support documents the online applications asks for.

I'm applying ILR for my wife under tier 2 dependant and it does not even ask for the marriage certificate, bank statements, cohabitation etc.

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:18 am

Hi ntt05r,

Not quite clear on the online Set (O) form.

Have you seen a section on the online Set(O) for entering absences? I still have not figured it out if it a requirement if applying as a dependent of tier 2.

Regarding the supporting documents, the checklist at the end of the online application is very limited, no cohabitation docs, bank statements, marriage certs etc are asked for. I’m collating them anyway. I’m yet to see what the UKVCAS docs upload facility looks like, whether it will then ask for those. If anyone has gone through the same process under the same tier, would be good to share.

I’m thinking since our dependant (wife) would have a PBS Dependant BRP, that should suffice as an evidence for marriage as it would have been provided with a previous application. Re cohabitation, still not sure if PBS Dependants need to prove this.

Best wishes,
Ashley.

ntt05r
Vietnam

Post by ntt05r » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:58 am

From what I gather in other posts, absences are not important for PBS dependants applying for ILR.

I have just realised that my check list doesn't even require photos!

My child is applying in the same application with my wife and it doesnt even ask for the birth certificate. How would they know she's our child?

Very worried over this sparsity of evidence. Surely there must be someone out there has gone through the process recently? can you advise?

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:34 am

Dear moderators,

re-posting my initial query as I feel some of my questions remain unanswered.

I gather that:
- Absences for PBS Dependent not required to be declared, hence no section on online form - OK

However, still unclear on the documents re a,b,c,d & e.

Any help from an experienced moderator much appreciated.

Thank you.
ashleyransoo wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:04 pm
Dear moderators,

I apologise for my ignorance on the new service and the online application to apply for ILR from PBS dependent.

My wife is currently applying for ILR following 5 years residence on PBS dependant visa. I was on Tier 2 G then got ILR then naturalised.

I suppose it is still the same requirements as Set (O) paper form. However, the online application does not have sections to enter the absences for PBS Dependent, unless I'm missing something.

From the documents to submit to the UKVCAS following the application submission, there are only the following being mentioned as part of the online application:
► Show Spoiler
Are these sufficient and the only docs to submit?

I cannot see anywhere asking for the following with the online application, are these still required?:
► Show Spoiler
Many thanks in advance.

Look forward to hear from you or anyone else who have submitted recently using the new service.

Kindest regards,
Ashley.
Ashley.

Udani
Newly Registered

Post by Udani » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:22 am

Hi Ashley

just wondering did you get answer for your query? I am in same scenario, I don't know if I should provide additional documents or just given in required list?
Please reply

Many Thanks

Danish

ntt05r
Vietnam

Post by ntt05r » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:24 pm

that makes 3 of us on the same boat.

Im tempted to just submit what they ask for....

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:28 am

Udani wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:22 am
Hi Ashley

just wondering did you get answer for your query? I am in same scenario, I don't know if I should provide additional documents or just given in required list?
Please reply

Many Thanks

Danish
Hi Danish,

No answer yet, unfortunately. Can moderstors get involved please?

Thanks?
Ashley.

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:28 pm

I am going to stick to the list of documents being asked as part of the online application. Had some answers regarding cohabitation.

"If you have added a spouse or civil partner to this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse."

So basically, if your dependent is applying on their own, no need for cohabitation evidence.

Also, absence not required to be declared, hence no section on online form when PBS dependent applies on their own. Only if you have leave granted after 11 Jan 2018 you need to declare them.

The online form has been designed to ask you only what you need based on your circumstance. Good job GDS!

Hope this helps.
ashleyransoo wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:28 am
Udani wrote:
Hi Ashley

Please reply

Many Thanks

Danish
Hi Danish,

Thanks?
Ashley.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:06 pm

ashleyransoo wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:28 pm
I am going to stick to the list of documents being asked as part of the online application. Had some answers regarding cohabitation.

"If you have added a spouse or civil partner to this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse."

So basically, if your dependent is applying on their own, no need for cohabitation evidence.

Also, absence not required to be declared, hence no section on online form when PBS dependent applies on their own. Only if you have leave granted after 11 Jan 2018 you need to declare them.

The online form has been designed to ask you only what you need based on your circumstance. Good job GDS!

Hope this helps.
ashleyransoo wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:28 am
Udani wrote:
Hi Ashley

Please reply

Many Thanks

Danish
Hi Danish,

Thanks?
Ashley.
Follow the guidance more than what online form asks you to be sure. Guidance should be first point of assurance.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:20 pm

There is not any specific guidance for Set (O), which is a bit of a hit or miss.

I have contacted GDS the latest guidance notes link which now does not work, This is what they have come back with:

"Please advise the customer that the link no longer exists as SET (O) guidance is found in the online application/mainstream apply guides."

Which I am interpreting as the online application itself being the comprehensive one to follow.

Manisatheesh8182
Newly Registered
India

Post by Manisatheesh8182 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:41 pm

Guys

I just got confirmation email from home office for PBS dependent. I will share my experience.
Tier 1 dependent PBS for my wife.
Filled in online set o. Got appointment today. I have uploaded following documents
1.passport
2. All 3 consent forms signed by myself and my wife ( one form for wife and another 2third party for myself)
3. Naaric certificate
4. Transcripts( but after submission of application today morning by 11 am) they requested degree certificate by 12:30 pm and we respond abck by 12:52 pm and got decision by 13:51 pm. So please submit English language proof ( degree certificate without fail)
5. My last 3 months statements which they didn't ask and also council tax and electricity bill for last 2 years.
6. Brp card
7. Last approval letter for my wife previous visa from home office.

8. Life in UK pass certificate.

That's all. Wish everyone good luck. But everything is bit straightforward.

whateverever
Newly Registered

Post by whateverever » Mon May 13, 2019 11:36 am

Manisatheesh8182 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:41 pm
Guys

I just got confirmation email from home office for PBS dependent. I will share my experience.
Tier 1 dependent PBS for my wife.
Filled in online set o. Got appointment today. I have uploaded following documents
1.passport
2. All 3 consent forms signed by myself and my wife ( one form for wife and another 2third party for myself)
3. Naaric certificate
4. Transcripts( but after submission of application today morning by 11 am) they requested degree certificate by 12:30 pm and we respond abck by 12:52 pm and got decision by 13:51 pm. So please submit English language proof ( degree certificate without fail)
5. My last 3 months statements which they didn't ask and also council tax and electricity bill for last 2 years.
6. Brp card
7. Last approval letter for my wife previous visa from home office.

8. Life in UK pass certificate.

That's all. Wish everyone good luck. But everything is bit straightforward.
What happens after uploading these documents ?

Do you have to take them to ukvacs as well and send to home office by post ?