ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fauji74
Canada

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by fauji74 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:43 am

avishekm wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:18 am
saimajaan wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:07 pm
avishekm wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:02 am
Hi All, merry Christmas. Great to see some applications are getting the results immediately. I haven't heard back from them since couple of escalations. Even our local MP contacted them last week but was told they do extra checks so it can take some time. I haven't heard the decision since my application date of 6th December. It's really frustrating as had a trip to USA planned during Christmas..
hey have u heard anything from them
Hey, I haven’t heard anything back. Have escalated it three times, will call them today again and ask about the escalation.
I would strongly recommend that you file an official complaint as well!

I am in a similar situation as you - really frustrating!

emerge123
Newly Registered

Post by emerge123 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:44 am

Saninsts wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:12 pm
UKVI replied to my email clarifying they want to process all applications soonest and if decision is pending due to not of customer fault then super priority service fee will be refunded. Anybody got similar response for the delay? This helps to know at least £600 fee can be refundable. :(
I had a similar email today. It does not say whether they will refund mine or not. It is again a generic email. Feels like being stuck in an endless nightmare.

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:49 am

Applied for SET (LR) from Glasgow on 22-Dec-18 and still no response yet. Called UKVI number and being told that decision is generally made within 24 hours but it takes 5 working days to post email to the applicant of the outcome. Wondering if people got decisions on SET applications in last few days?

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:57 am

emerge123 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:44 am
Saninsts wrote:
UKVI replied to my email clarifying they want to process all applications soonest and if decision is pending due to not of customer fault then super priority service fee will be refunded. Anybody got similar response for the delay? This helps to know at least £600 fee can be refundable. :(
I had a similar email today. It does not say whether they will refund mine or not. It is again a generic email. Feels like being stuck in an endless nightmare.
we got this email too today after my 4th escalation yesterday. Poor, generic email but it's still the best response we've had in all of our escalations.

Rishu
Newly Registered

Post by Rishu » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:59 am

vpruk wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:25 am
Rishu wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:31 am
vpruk wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:28 pm
saimajaan wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:40 pm
now that everyone started to worry about their visa the ho r giving people qucik decisions so they don't get blamed . our ones r stuck since nearly a month submitted on the 7th and no answer apart from the error email which was that it will take up to 6 months that email was incorrect.
this is so stressful and unfair to me and those that actually r waiting for months and no answer regardless of paying 3k and above .
anyone else received that error emil or not

Hi

I did apply today at premium lounge London this morning at 11:30 with super priorty service received email by 3pm saying application submitted and it would all 6 months time.

Really frustrating this 😬
Hi Vpruk i think i did seen you there. You waited outside? I traveled about 220 miles as no appointments were available. Hopefully will get something today
you should have seen me for sure as I came at 8:15 am Walt for my 9:30 appointment. What time was your appointment. I was seen by the lady by around 11:30am. Finally I did speak to the manager of that centre ( blue Jean and pink jumper with specs) and filled a feedback form as well.
Did you receive any email yesterday from them then saying application is under consideration and will take 6 months!?!
Please keep updating here too
Thanks
Vpr
Hi VPR mine was at 9.00am took me in about 10.15am i havent recieved anything did recieved same email on the submission thou on 24th of december . 24hrs now and waiting for decision. They always take their time on my application lol even i used to attend one day service. I prefer one day service atleast u know what happend. With this 24hrs super priority got no clue whats going on.

fauji74
Canada

Post by fauji74 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:23 am

[/quote]
Hi VPR mine was at 9.00am took me in about 10.15am i havent recieved anything did recieved same email on the submission thou on 24th of december . 24hrs now and waiting for decision. They always take their time on my application lol even i used to attend one day service. I prefer one day service atleast u know what happend. With this 24hrs super priority got no clue whats going on.
[/quote]

The lack of communication from UKVI is the real killer!

In this day and age it should not be difficult to send out electronic updates on the progress of an application.

Not only would that help keep the blood pressure of the applicants down, but also save UKVI thousands of pounds by way of far fewer calls to them.

A no-brainer really!

Krprch02
Newly Registered
India

Post by Krprch02 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:34 pm

Just received an ILR approved email.

I have been silently following the updates on this form and wanted to thank all the moderators for continued help and members for sharing their experiences.

Online application submitted on 21 November, attended the biometric appointment on 27 December 10.30 (Eligible from 25 December) at Croydon using super priority service.

Been working for the same employer on Tier2 General for the past 5yrs with gradual increase in salary over the years and no sudden hikes.

I hope people waiting for their decisions will hear from them soon.

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:50 pm

Krprch02 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:34 pm
Just received an ILR approved email.

I have been silently following the updates on this form and wanted to thank all the moderators for continued help and members for sharing their experiences.

Online application submitted on 21 November, attended the biometric appointment on 27 December 10.30 (Eligible from 25 December) at Croydon using super priority service.

Been working for the same employer on Tier2 General for the past 5yrs with gradual increase in salary over the years and no sudden hikes.

I hope people waiting for their decisions will hear from them soon.
Hi Krprch02,

Congratulations.
Did you get any automated email on 27th yesterday saying - application has been received and is being considered?
thanks
vpruk

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:38 pm

called again today but they said that i have been in touch on the 18th december and there is nothing they can do anymore.

They can't do a 4th escalation anymore. asked me to email the same email address i was given last time and the complaints email address.

Asked about refund, was told that it is automatic, if the application is delayed due to no fault of the applicant, then a refund will be issued automatically.

So, basically i have to wait 6 months until HO can come back (if at all). Now 5 months left as have been waiting since 1st december. Or wait for the complaints email to come back with an answer.

fauji74
Canada

Post by fauji74 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:15 pm

badhodor wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:38 pm
called again today but they said that i have been in touch on the 18th december and there is nothing they can do anymore.

They can't do a 4th escalation anymore. asked me to email the same email address i was given last time and the complaints email address.

Asked about refund, was told that it is automatic, if the application is delayed due to no fault of the applicant, then a refund will be issued automatically.

So, basically i have to wait 6 months until HO can come back (if at all). Now 5 months left as have been waiting since 1st december. Or wait for the complaints email to come back with an answer.
What are your thoughts about withdrawing the application and the refiling in a few weeks when the dust has settled?

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:37 pm

fauji74 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:15 pm
badhodor wrote:

What are your thoughts about withdrawing the application and the refiling in a few weeks when the dust has settled?
I don't have another 3K lying around so no.... that is not an option

fauji74
Canada

Post by fauji74 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:41 pm

[/quote]

I don't have another 3K lying around so no.... that is not an option
[/quote]

I can understand that. I don't have spare money either!

I have assumed so far that a withdrawal would mean refund of the fees. Not sure if that is a safe assumption.

fauji74
Canada

Post by fauji74 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:06 pm

Just checked. For applications made in the UK there is no refund :(

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:11 pm

fauji74 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:15 pm
badhodor wrote:

this is honestly so sad how do u know that it will take 6 months I mean did u receive an email or what cox I did too I have been waiting for almost a month as no replie hoping to get an answer from them anytime soon.

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:14 pm

fauji74 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:06 pm
they r so cruel to us . beside waiting for 5 years hoping that half of our problems will get sorted also waited to get the super priority service to get over done with this now they have kept our applications .
they don't even realise how much pain it gives to a person. I hope that each and everyone of us on this page that r still waiting gets thier results by tom or even Monday it will help out and save so many people from depression .

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:21 pm

mizer wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:17 am
allyf wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:47 pm

Best of luck Mizer and keep us posted. When is your appointment?
Thank you,my wife will reach her qualification period at the end of January but we will submit on the begining of February.
do you have used one document for two requirement for example your jointly council tax letter has been used for proof of cohabitation (among the 12 correspondance letters) and also for the one they ask about council tax?
I am thinking may be I can use my tennancy agreement for proof of accomondation and also for correspendace letter(proof of cohabitation)!
Basically use the same document on different category (proof of resident and financial)
What do you reckon?
I didn’t double up on two categories, I tried to include as many separate proof of addresses and used joint mortgage and council tax for financial (they asked for these two items after I entered i was a home owner). I think if you are finding it hard to find more proof of address, then use it in two categories..but try first to get something separate. Maybe if you do double up, explain in the cover letter?

madihaali_304
Pakistan

Post by madihaali_304 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:02 pm

oldmankensey wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:57 am
emerge123 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:44 am
Saninsts wrote:
we got this email too today after my 4th escalation yesterday. Poor, generic email but it's still the best response we've had in all of our escalations.
I didn't get anything today. Such a silly system!

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:15 pm

mizer wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:10 pm
vpruk wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:05 pm

3. I uploaded all documents myself - they will give you a checklist. I scanned in pdf and used online combine & compress tool to combine and reduce the size of each file as the new system allows only size up to 6MB each

Any help in regards to SET LR form application please ask me anytime

Thanks and regards
Vpr
Can you explain how you upload your document and reduce the size under 6MB plz?
Hi Mizer

I downloaded normally and saved in laptop. then google combinepdf- use that online pdf combiner to combine all pages into one file -check the file size if it is more than 6MB then use pdfcompresser using google that will reduce to less than 6MB for sure.

My documents are that much so it was easy but i am sure it work well. All documents i uploaded myself showed in UKVCAS service computer as well.

hope this helps
vpruk

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:18 pm

Rishu wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:59 am
vpruk wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:25 am
Rishu wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:31 am
vpruk wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:28 pm

Hi

I did apply today at premium lounge London this morning at 11:30 with super priorty service received email by 3pm saying application submitted and it would all 6 months time.

Really frustrating this 😬
Hi Vpruk i think i did seen you there. You waited outside? I traveled about 220 miles as no appointments were available. Hopefully will get something today
you should have seen me for sure as I came at 8:15 am Walt for my 9:30 appointment. What time was your appointment. I was seen by the lady by around 11:30am. Finally I did speak to the manager of that centre ( blue Jean and pink jumper with specs) and filled a feedback form as well.
Did you receive any email yesterday from them then saying application is under consideration and will take 6 months!?!
Please keep updating here too
Thanks
Vpr

Any update rishu?
i called the UKVI customer care they said wait for 5 working days !!

fauji74
Canada

Post by fauji74 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:35 pm

[/quote]

I didn't get anything today. Such a silly system!

[/quote]

Folks - please complain!

Remember that the squeaky wheel gets the oil! The only way to enure the faceless and heartless bureaucracy takes notice is to make noise.

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:59 pm

fauji74 wrote:
I am thinking 6 months or 5 more months now (1 month already gone) coz. 3 escalation did nothing, they won't do a 4th one for me, MP didn't reply either, complaints email ppl haven't replied either, another email address they gave me said don't email on this one.

So basically I have nowhere to go and no one to take this up with. After 6 months, there is a parliamentary ombudsman service or take HO to court. So just have to wait.

There is nothing else I can do really. What a great way to treat legal and skilled immigrants!!!

fauji74
Canada

Post by fauji74 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:03 pm

badhodor wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:59 pm
fauji74 wrote:
I am thinking 6 months or 5 more months now (1 month already gone) coz. 3 escalation did nothing, they won't do a 4th one for me, MP didn't reply either, complaints email ppl haven't replied either, another email address they gave me said don't email on this one.

So basically I have nowhere to go and no one to take this up with. After 6 months, there is a parliamentary ombudsman service or take HO to court. So just have to wait.

There is nothing else I can do really. What a great way to treat legal and skilled immigrants!!!
There is more you can do!

For one, you can write to / tweet the Home Secretary and his shadow!

What have you got to lose?!

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:51 pm

vpruk wrote:
Hi all,

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and looking forward to happy new year 2019- advances happy new year wishes all.

I want to share my experience of applying my SET LR application.

1. I submitted online application on 24th December - within 28 days eligible period.

2. Looked around my home to book appointments but nothing available even for 80 miles radius. Then I have to book the premium lounge in London mark lane for today the 27th at 9:30am -£260 extra ok top of £3018.20.

3. I uploaded all documents myself - they will give you a checklist. I scanned in pdf and used online combine & compress tool to combine and reduce the size of each file as the new system allows only size up to 6MB each girl.

4. Went this morning to mark lane London by 8:30 for 9:30 am. People for 7am appointments were waiting outside saying they did not open yet ??? 😁😁😁 was laughing myself thinking they real day begins now

6. Went it by 9am, the reception guy asked to wait. Called me by 10 to go inside the loto wait there to be called giving a number

7. I had orange juice and corrosiant worth
£260 😬🙄. Called inside a cabin room at around 11:45am.

8. A lady asked my appointment letter and passport. She took biometric and photos. Scanned few pages of my new passport. Toook the checklist and was saying wat she can see in her computer which I uploaded myself. Everything was fine as she said.

9. When asked about the results she said we don’t know. Call the number or email. She said it would be may be 2nd of January. She said they are working only half a day today but there were already 20 more people waiting.

10. I hope 🤞 good news will come ASAP. Did my what part so sit and wait 🤞

Will update as days goes on

Thanks and regards
Vpr
Hi vpruk,

Seems like you applied for SET LR, wondering if you been asked to submit cohabitation documents for last 2 years?

Generally if spouse is settled or British, they they ask to provide cohabitation but my wife is on Tier 2 - Dependent, I am surprised they asked for cohabitation in my SET LR application.

Any thoughts? Do you have dependent spouse who will apply once you get ILR?

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:00 pm

frmglasgow wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:51 pm
vpruk wrote:
Hi all,

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and looking forward to happy new year 2019- advances happy new year wishes all.

I want to share my experience of applying my SET LR application.

1. I submitted online application on 24th December - within 28 days eligible period.

2. Looked around my home to book appointments but nothing available even for 80 miles radius. Then I have to book the premium lounge in London mark lane for today the 27th at 9:30am -£260 extra ok top of £3018.20.

3. I uploaded all documents myself - they will give you a checklist. I scanned in pdf and used online combine & compress tool to combine and reduce the size of each file as the new system allows only size up to 6MB each girl.

4. Went this morning to mark lane London by 8:30 for 9:30 am. People for 7am appointments were waiting outside saying they did not open yet ??? 😁😁😁 was laughing myself thinking they real day begins now

6. Went it by 9am, the reception guy asked to wait. Called me by 10 to go inside the loto wait there to be called giving a number

7. I had orange juice and corrosiant worth
£260 😬🙄. Called inside a cabin room at around 11:45am.

8. A lady asked my appointment letter and passport. She took biometric and photos. Scanned few pages of my new passport. Toook the checklist and was saying wat she can see in her computer which I uploaded myself. Everything was fine as she said.

9. When asked about the results she said we don’t know. Call the number or email. She said it would be may be 2nd of January. She said they are working only half a day today but there were already 20 more people waiting.

10. I hope 🤞 good news will come ASAP. Did my what part so sit and wait 🤞

Will update as days goes on

Thanks and regards
Vpr
Hi vpruk,

Seems like you applied for SET LR, wondering if you been asked to submit cohabitation documents for last 2 years?

Generally if spouse is settled or British, they they ask to provide cohabitation but my wife is on Tier 2 - Dependent, I am surprised they asked for cohabitation in my SET LR application.

Hi

Yes i applied SET LR. They did ask for proof of address correspondence for the past 2 years addresses either to both of us or individually ! But not mentioned how many thou!

When did you apply! Any updates !!

Thanks
Vpruk

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:12 pm

vpruk wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:00 pm
frmglasgow wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:51 pm
vpruk wrote:
Hi vpruk,

Hi

Yes i applied SET LR. They did ask for proof of address correspondence for the past 2 years addresses either to both of us or individually ! But not mentioned how many thou!

When did you apply! Any updates !!

Thanks
Vpruk
Thanks for reply.

So your spouse is also on Tier 1/2 Dependent? I did provide cohabitation documents but can't understand why they need them with my application.

I applied for SET LR on 22-12-18 at Glasgow. I called UKVI and they informed me that, so far the working days are 24, 27 and 28th, and generally the decision is being made in initial 24 hours but its normally announced in on or after 5 working days. So asked me to wait for 31st, 2nd and call them on 3rd Jan.