ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Renewal while on Stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Passport Renewal while on Stamp 4

Post by Zoot7 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:27 pm

My wife is a Filipina who would like to renew her passport and change it to her married name. She is on Stamp 4 here as the Spouse of an Irish Citizen until 2020.

Renewing it is easy, that's done via the Philippine embassy in London in conjunction with the Philippine Consulate in Ireland.

What I'm wondering is what has to be done with the Irish authorities?

Is it just a case of visiting the local immigration officer when you get the new passport along with the old GNIB card and having him order a new GNIB card and putting a stamp in the passport again?

Has anyone here done this?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Passport Renewal while on Stamp 4

Post by max307 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:53 am

If you are based in Dublin book an appointment for Registration and go there with your wife, bring her old and new passports, marriage certificate and proof of address the day of the appointment. The officer will place a new Stamp 4 on your wife’s new passport and will issue a new GNIB card.

If you are based outside of Dublin you will need to assist your local Garda station, check with the local Garda officer what documentation they need.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:05 am

Usually the don't issue visa more thn ur passport expiry date .. so if her passport expired now so how did she got visa until 2020 ?? Anyway inform them n it will b sorted .im after doin the same ..they didn't ask anythin .
🚙...................................🚓 🚓..🚓...🚓
🇨🇮❤️🇵🇰

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:05 am

max307 wrote:If you are based in Dublin book an appointment for Registration and go there with your wife, bring her old and new passports, marriage certificate and proof of address the day of the appointment. The officer will place a new Stamp 4 on your wife’s new passport and will issue a new GNIB card.

If you are based outside of Dublin you will need to assist your local Garda station, check with the local Garda officer what documentation they need.
Thank you.

I guessed that would be all. I'll give the immigration officer a call closer the time to check.
Ali0857 wrote:Usually the don't issue visa more thn ur passport expiry date .. so if her passport expired now so how did she got visa until 2020 ?? Anyway inform them n it will b sorted .im after doin the same ..they didn't ask anythin .
Her passport is currently valid and has 4 years of validity left at the moment. She wants to start using her married name though and the most important document to change to do that is her passport. Once she does that, her old passport will be cancelled and we'll have to wait for the new one.

We actually only just got the Stamp 4 for her recently, hence why it's valid until 2020.

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:17 pm

I realize I'm bumping an old thread here, but I said I would update this in the event somebody else comes searching the forums with the same query.

What we did was take my wife's new passport in her married name and her old passport with the Stamp 4 in her maiden name to our local Immigration Officer.

He just simply transferred the stamp into her new passport and cancelled the one in her old passport (with a biro - how high-tech! :lol: ). The Stamp still goes to the same expiry date as the one in her old passport. Then he ordered a new Irish Residence Card (formerly GNIB) in her married name.

All simple and painless, no proof of address, marriage certificate etc. required, just her old & new passports & GNIB card.

Kram123
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Kram123 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:25 pm

Thank you very much for this. This is very helpful as I have also just renewed my passport but my GNib card won’t expire until March next year.

Quick Question: Do I need to set an online appointment to transfer stamp from old passport to new? And if so what type of appointment..

Thanks in advance

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Are you based in Dublin?

With us, due to the fact that we're outside Dublin, I don't know if you need an appointment or not.

Given that everything else is via appointment in the Burgh Quay office, you'll likely need an appointment. Maybe just book one on the basis of renewing the stamp I guess.

tastestory
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by tastestory » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:06 pm

Thanks for the thread. I also have the similar problem. I need to renew my passport because I run out of the visa pages... I'm not sure if I have to go through the painful online appointment system again to get a slot.