ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Further information required email

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Appendix 2 - Part 3A - Financial requirements

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:51 am

2 - Not really required as without payment bio data wouldn't have been submitted to complete the application. Add it if you can as you have 2 weeks to send your docs for priority and 4 weeks for non-priority.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

shah185
Bangladesh

Re: Post Online Application Queries

Post by shah185 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:25 am

seagul wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:39 am
shah185 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:27 am
I have some post online application questions please and appreciate if could guide me

My wife submitted her spouse visa online application yesterday, her biometrics at Sylhet office is on 23/12/2018 where she will pay the application fee ৳ 170,515.00.

She is sending all her documents today via DHL to my UK address, so I am hoping to receive them in 4 days. She has printed two copies of online application and signed one for me and one to take to her biometrics appointment.

My questions are:

1) Am I OK to send all supporting documents to Sheffield before her biometrics appointment day?

2) Even if I can, I just realised that I do not have a receipt for application payment fee for which I will have to wait until her biometrics appointment day – is the application payment receipt necessary to send to Sheffield?

3) I know I need to send IHS receipt to Sheffield – is it the world pay email confirmation?

Many thanks

Shah

1. No. After biometric

2. No harm in waiting then send it

3. Preferably yes
Many thanks for your reply,

I am still not sure on IHS receipt - is IHS receipt the email confirmation sent from world pay or is there any other documentation for that?

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Post Online Application Queries

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:18 pm

shah185 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:25 am
seagul wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:39 am
shah185 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:27 am
I have some post online application questions please and appreciate if could guide me

My wife submitted her spouse visa online application yesterday, her biometrics at Sylhet office is on 23/12/2018 where she will pay the application fee ৳ 170,515.00.

She is sending all her documents today via DHL to my UK address, so I am hoping to receive them in 4 days. She has printed two copies of online application and signed one for me and one to take to her biometrics appointment.

My questions are:

1) Am I OK to send all supporting documents to Sheffield before her biometrics appointment day?

2) Even if I can, I just realised that I do not have a receipt for application payment fee for which I will have to wait until her biometrics appointment day – is the application payment receipt necessary to send to Sheffield?

3) I know I need to send IHS receipt to Sheffield – is it the world pay email confirmation?

Many thanks

Shah

1. No. After biometric

2. No harm in waiting then send it

3. Preferably yes
Many thanks for your reply,

I am still not sure on IHS receipt - is IHS receipt the email confirmation sent from world pay or is there any other documentation for that?

Thank you
Yes. Email from world pay is IHS receipt
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:51 pm

Thank you Seagul for reply,

Is there any reason why supporting documents must be sent after biometrics?

Would I be able to do the following at least?

Given her biometrics on 23/12/2018, would I be able to post all the documents on 22/12/2018 Saturday so that the HO receives the documents on 24/12/2018 Monday?

Thank you

Shah

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:18 pm

And what if on the biometrics day she is told appointment has been changed come back next week....

Send after biometrics!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:22 pm

shah185 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:51 pm
Thank you Seagul for reply,

Is there any reason why supporting documents must be sent after biometrics?

Would I be able to do the following at least?

Given her biometrics on 23/12/2018, would I be able to post all the documents on 22/12/2018 Saturday so that the HO receives the documents on 24/12/2018 Monday?

Thank you

Shah
You said to have booked on 23/12/2018 which is Sunday :shock: :shock:
Just send after biometrics even 1 minute after.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:32 pm

Sunday is a work day in Bangladesh and many other countries, not everywhere in world it is monday to friday that is workday.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:44 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:32 pm
Sunday is a work day in Bangladesh and many other countries, not everywhere in world it is monday to friday that is workday.
Wooow. I googled and found that they operate Sunday to Thursday

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:55 pm

Thank you both Seagul and Londoner007,

You guys are great.

Very good point made, in case they ask to come back at a later date!

Although I think I will not be able to send the original payment receipt of application as she has sent all her documents already via DHL and I really don’t want to pay another DHL fee just for the receipt – unless this is a must!

I am thinking - once biometrics done she can scan and email me the payment receipt which I can then print here in UK and attach with application – would that be OK?

Thank you
Shah

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:19 pm

shah185 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:55 pm
Thank you both Seagul and Londoner007,

You guys are great.

Very good point made, in case they ask to come back at a later date!

Although I think I will not be able to send the original payment receipt of application as she has sent all her documents already via DHL and I really don’t want to pay another DHL fee just for the receipt – unless this is a must!

I am thinking - once biometrics done she can scan and email me the payment receipt which I can then print here in UK and attach with application – would that be OK?

Thank you
Shah
Yes scanned receipt of payment should be fine.

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Thanks a million both Seagul and Londoner007!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:24 pm

Good idea. I know people who have even got their spouse to scan the signed pages of the application to them via email or even whatsApp!

All the best InshaAllah

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:17 am

Hi Londoner007,

My wife is going for her bio-metrics on 23/12/2018 at Sylhet office.
Is she allowed to take someone else with her? Also, just to be double sure - for application fee does she have to take cash of approximately taka 180,000 with her? This is hard to believe that at this day and age an organisation like VFS taking such a large sum in cash.

Thanks,

Shah

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:09 am

She cannot take anyone inside the centre, they can wait around outside the building. Yes, cash only so make sure she isnt travelling alone to the place. Whats there not to believe this is Bangladesh after all.

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:46 pm

Thank you brother for your reply.

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:36 pm

Quick question, if I cancel biometrics appointment, what would happen?

Would I get a refund?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:34 am

You would re-book another biometrics appointment? Do you mean you want to cancel alltogether?

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:35 pm

Hi brother,

I meant re-booking on a different date, I needed to rebook it on 02/01/2019.

on a separate note, if I do cancel altogether, would I get a refund?

Thanks,

Shah

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:15 pm

Rescheduling biometrics date won't allow refund.

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:10 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:15 pm
Rescheduling biometrics date won't allow refund.
Thank you Seagul.

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:20 pm

Respected members,

I have few questions from Appendix 2, I have copied the questions and highlighted them in blue below: I would be grateful if a senior member could guide me here…

1.5 When did your relationship begin?
Our marriage is an arranged one – I have declared this by answering question 1.14. we were introduced back home 6 months before we got married, is it OK to say the relationship start date is the date we were introduced even though it is an arranged marriage? Or is HO expecting relationship start date is to be on or after the marriage day as this is an arranged marriage?

1.3 When did you first meet your sponsor in person?
Again in here, we met 6 months before we got married and since that day we chatted and kept communications via whatsApp. Now even though this is an arranged marriage – is it OK to put a date 6 months before our marriage day?

1.19 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership at any time (including since your wedding or civil partnership ceremony)? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
Given this is an arranged marriage – how shall I answer this?

1.25 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
How shall I answer this?

1.28 Is your sponsor responsible for supporting anyone financially, including any children listed above?
Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

How shall I answer this?

2.8 Do you intend to work in the UK? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
If ‘Yes’ please provide full details

The intention is to work and hence ‘Yes’ – but how shall I provide full details?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:19 pm

shah185 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:20 pm
Respected members,

I have few questions from Appendix 2, I have copied the questions and highlighted them in blue below: I would be grateful if a senior member could guide me here…

1.5 When did your relationship begin?
Our marriage is an arranged one – I have declared this by answering question 1.14. we were introduced back home 6 months before we got married, is it OK to say the relationship start date is the date we were introduced even though it is an arranged marriage? Or is HO expecting relationship start date is to be on or after the marriage day as this is an arranged marriage?

1.3 When did you first meet your sponsor in person?
Again in here, we met 6 months before we got married and since that day we chatted and kept communications via whatsApp. Now even though this is an arranged marriage – is it OK to put a date 6 months before our marriage day?

1.19 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership at any time (including since your wedding or civil partnership ceremony)? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
Given this is an arranged marriage – how shall I answer this?

1.25 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
How shall I answer this?

1.28 Is your sponsor responsible for supporting anyone financially, including any children listed above?
Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

How shall I answer this?

2.8 Do you intend to work in the UK? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
If ‘Yes’ please provide full details

The intention is to work and hence ‘Yes’ – but how shall I provide full details?
Answers are totally based on individual personal circumstances but at the end of appendix 2 there is a very good guidance for each section & question.

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:13 am

Thank you Seagul,

It is just that the guidance sometimes are not clear enough, I know some of these answers are purely based on personal circumstances but sometimes it is confusing in the sense how HO would interpret an answer.
I would appreciate if you could comment on the following.

a) Do you think for an arranged marriage, relationship start date can be 6 months before the marriage date?

b) Also for question 1.19, we never lived in a relationship akin to marriage. But then the question go on to ask ‘including since your weeding’ – but really and truly since our wedding how can we be in a relationship akin to marriage as we are already married…so this question is bothering me and really not sure if I shall answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’

I would appreciate any guidance please.

Thanks,

Shah

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:51 pm

shah185 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:13 am
Thank you Seagul,

It is just that the guidance sometimes are not clear enough, I know some of these answers are purely based on personal circumstances but sometimes it is confusing in the sense how HO would interpret an answer.
I would appreciate if you could comment on the following.

a) Do you think for an arranged marriage, relationship start date can be 6 months before the marriage date?

b) Also for question 1.19, we never lived in a relationship akin to marriage. But then the question go on to ask ‘including since your weeding’ – but really and truly since our wedding how can we be in a relationship akin to marriage as we are already married…so this question is bothering me and really not sure if I shall answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’

I would appreciate any guidance please.

Thanks,

Shah
a) It again depends when does the actual relationship started. For example in many arranged marriage cases the partner meet on the day of wedding and equally in many cases the partner knew each other before marriage. So if you knew your partner prior to marriage then you will have to show the evidences of subsisting relationship from that time otherwise right from the date of wedding.

b) If both of you lived together after marriage then the answer will be yes.

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:19 pm

Thank you Seagul for your reply,

One last thing, I just wanted to double check if my following timeline are all OK, I mean I am not in breach of 28 day rule or any other rule, also, my biometric date is quite late from the date online application is submitted.

My last bank statement is dated 30 November, last payslip is dated 30 November, employer letter is dated 01 December, landlord letter is dated 7 December.

I submitted online application on 11 December, initially biometric was booked on 23 December but needed to change the date and re-booked this on 02 January. I am planning to submit all documents from UK on 05 January.

I would appreciate if you could confirm the above dates are all OK and within the HO timeline.

Many thanks

Shah