ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company structure & Employment letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Nikah Khana Pakistan

Post by farhantahir786 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:36 am

Hi There

I've been looking at the forum for the past few days and it's been helpful. I'm getting married next year, and just want to be prepared for the Spouse Visa application (for my fiance/ Wife to be) to the UK.

Basically, when it comes to the Nikah Khana (from Pakistan), what do I need to do with this to make it sufficient for Visa Purposes?

Am I right in thinking I would: 1) need to get it translated into English (if in Urdu - can this be done anywhere?); 2) get it attested by the Union Council (how do I find the Union Council I need to go to - can I go to any?); 3) request a marriage Certificate (can I get this from the Union Council?); and 4) get this all attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

I'm planning to get a solicitor (who I hope knows what to do with the Nikkah side).

Thanks
Farhan

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Nikah Khana Pakistan

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:02 am

For visa purpose all you need is the original hand written Urdu version of nikkah nama and English translated marriage certificate either from Nadra or local union council. No need of any further attestation if you have that.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Post by farhantahir786 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:48 am

Perfect! That makes it easier. Mofa says on their site that for marriage attestation, they need Nadra Card for Wife with husbands name on it. Nadra is unlikely to do this quickly lol.

Another question relating to salary: I purchased some holidays next year from work which essentially reduces my pay (it's been marked on previous pay slips where I bought holidays for exams). Do I include my pre purchase salary or do I do: gross monthly - salary sacrifice - other sacrifices (pension) *12?

Both ways meet the financial requirements Alhamdulillah. Just being cautious.

I won't be applying for a year Lol (background prep work) but can cancel my holiday purchase to make it easier!

Another question: my wife to be has an incorrect birth certificate/ nadra card (one has a date of birth of one year early/late and she isn't sure which (lol... Pakistan needs better controls! No one checked the year entered and turned out one was entered wrong). Is birth certificate required for Pakistan, or is she better of getting it fixed asap? She hasn't got a passport (but this can be made and will be based on nadra card details). I've told her to get her documents fixed for accuracy, but i know this is a common problem in Pakistan. Just wondering what should be done...

Thanks
Farhan

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:29 am

farhantahir786 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:48 am
Perfect! That makes it easier. Mofa says on their site that for marriage attestation, they need Nadra Card for Wife with husbands name on it. Nadra is unlikely to do this quickly lol.
Not mandatory but it may act as one of the subsisting relationship evidence.
farhantahir786 wrote:

Another question relating to salary: I purchased some holidays next year from work which essentially reduces my pay (it's been marked on previous pay slips where I bought holidays for exams). Do I include my pre purchase salary or do I do: gross monthly - salary sacrifice - other sacrifices (pension) *12?

I won't be applying for a year Lol (background prep work) but can cancel my holiday purchase to make it easier!
If you are going on paid holidays then no issue. Try to maintain at least £1550 earning per month.
farhantahir786 wrote:
Another question: my wife to be has an incorrect birth certificate/ nadra card (one has a date of birth of one year early/late and she isn't sure which (lol... Pakistan needs better controls! No one checked the year entered and turned out one was entered wrong). Is birth certificate required for Pakistan, or is she better of getting it fixed asap? She hasn't got a passport (but this can be made and will be based on nadra card details). I've told her to get her documents fixed for accuracy, but i know this is a common problem in Pakistan. Just wondering what should be done...

Thanks
Farhan
Fix that error asap. Birth certificate only needs at extension stage but not at initial stage.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Post by farhantahir786 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:59 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:29 am
farhantahir786 wrote:
Not mandatory but it may act as one of the subsisting relationship evidence.

Oh will try and get it sorted asap. Just I amn't sure how long they take to get the card sorted - I wanted to bring all her copies of documents wirh me when I came back (planned to stay around 4 weeks in Pak after wedding).
farhantahir786 wrote:

If you are going on paid holidays then no issue. Try to maintain at least £1550 earning per month.

Oh. Most of it is paid holidays but i bought 5 additional holidays (giving up 5 days pay). I would still get £2100 or so after tax. Just not sure what figure to write down ( Gross pay, or gross pay - what I'm giving up for holidays).
farhantahir786 wrote:

Thanks
Farhan
Fix that error asap. Birth certificate only needs at extension stage but not at initial stage.
Perfect - yeah she will ask her dad to get it sorted asap. Just Pakistan is slowww lol.

Thanks for your help bro

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:41 pm

Birth certificate only needs at extension stage but not at initial stage.

First I’ve heard of a birth certificate being needed at any part of the spouse visa. Please could you clarify when/if this is needed for a spouse extension visa FLR(M)?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:24 pm

ariamus wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:41 pm

First I’ve heard of a birth certificate being needed at any part of the spouse visa. Please could you clarify when/if this is needed for a spouse extension visa FLR(M)?
Birth certificate is definitely not needed at initial entry clearance stage.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:09 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:24 pm
ariamus wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:41 pm

Birth certificate is definitely not needed at initial entry clearance stage.
Yes I noted that from your earlier post - my query is your post stated birth certificate is needed at extension stage?

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Financial Requirements

Post by farhantahir786 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:16 am

Hi There

I'm just looking to plan 2019 to make the visa process easy. I currently meet the financial requirements comfortably, however our company gives pay rises in May (following our year end) and promotions in April and November.

I'm looking to apply in December 2019 (ages away, but I need to plan a lot of things for my wifes visa!). I'm likely to be promoted in November 2019 (there's some chance I will be promoted in April 2019, but not sure!).

Question is: for Appendix 2, for Question 3.12, if I was promoted (with the same company) how would I answer it? Technically, my pay would have gone up (but the 6 month before rule means I would need to use the lower figure (e.g. pre-promotion!). Would it be a case of answering it as "yes" because i'm using the lower figure, and then put in the additional information section that I was promoted with the same employer?

If I answer No, would I just put No for 3.13?

I'm just wondering how I should plan for 2019, which is reason for asking. I was originally looking to change jobs, but that's an additional headache (would be in probation when I apply..!). I could possibly reject promotion if it complicates the visa. Last thing I want to do is be rewarded for a promotion with a failed visa application (when the pay rise is only £2000 lol).

Thanks
Farhan

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Post by farhantahir786 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:18 am

Related Question - what would you put in 3.7? Date of commencing employment as in the new post of the old post?

Thanks
Farhan

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Financial Requirements

Post by farhantahir786 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:15 pm

Hi All

I have a question - if I meet the financial requirements through both employment and the savings route, can I tick the box for both? My account will have just over the threshold when I apply - I don't want this to be suspicious so was going to submit documentation to show where the money came from (sale of shares).

Can I state on my cover letter/ additional information that i'm primarily applying under Category A, but the savings is there as a backup (e.g. if something goes wrong/ wrong pay slips/ etc)? Heard stories where pay slips get missed etc and basically want to avoid that!

Thanks
Farhan

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Re: Financial Requirements

Post by farhantahir786 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:58 pm

Hi there

Does anyone have any comments regarding this?

Thanks
Farhan

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:07 pm

You mean you have the £62k (whatever the actual required amount is) in savings held for at least 6 months in your own account?

If so, perhaps it’s easier just to apply using your savings then.

I wouldn’t tell them about your savings if you’re relying on salary as it might only complicate matters, even though your idea is to avoid the issue of a mislaid payslip at their end.

The experts may be able to advise if you can apply using both methods but I think that is unlikely as it can only cause confusion.

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Post by farhantahir786 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:13 pm

Hi Ariamus

I'm expecting enough as i'm selling my share portfolio to buy a house in the next couple of years. Also planning to change job (potentially!) and so i wanted to make sure I meet requirements under saving route (just in case I fail probation lol).

Yeah - I had the same concern re. confusing the application... That's what I want to avoid! Would make sense that I do meet the requirements, but i've heard Home Office horror stories...!

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Property report

Post by farhantahir786 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi There

I was wondering if a letter from a chartered surveyor would satisfy the property report requirement? I was told I could get a letter which would describe the property and confirming the number of bedrooms together with the apparent number of occupants residing there, including an opinion of a reasonable maximum number of occupants the property could accomodate."

I think that sounds fine - but wanted to make sure. It's hard finding someone that does reports in Scotland. I'm being quoted £300 for the letter (inc VAT...)!

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:51 pm

I think you only need a property report if it’s hard with non-family people.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:21 pm

ariamus wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:51 pm
I think you only need a property report if it’s hard with non-family people.
*its shared with

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Post by farhantahir786 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:14 pm

Thank you for your reply :)

I thought that to - but then the guidance states that there should be an independent assessment.... which threw me off. Trying to balance the cost of the report with the cost of a refusal makes me not worry about the cost lol.

It's just the acceptance side of a letter. Or am I looking to much into it lol.

This whole process is confusing....!

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Wife is studying at time of application

Post by farhantahir786 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:23 am

Hi All

I'm going to be getting married later this year and my wife to be will still be in the process of completing her degree. Plan is that once (hopefully) the visa is granted, she'll just go over for her exams, etc. Alternatively (and this is probably more realistic), she will end her studies (and potentially re-start here - she doesn't like her degree anyway).

On the application form, under employment section, there is an option to select student (non-working). I'm assuming this would be selected. However, would we require any additional documentation to support this? I know the supporting documents lists a letter from education provider. Is this needed for a spouse visa? Zero idea how to get this...!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wife is studying at time of application

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:26 am

farhantahir786 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:23 am
On the application form, under employment section, there is an option to select student (non-working). I'm assuming this would be selected. However, would we require any additional documentation to support this? I know the supporting documents lists a letter from education provider. Is this needed for a spouse visa? Zero idea how to get this...!
No. Here employment or non employment is irrelevant for a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Post by farhantahir786 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:32 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:26 am
farhantahir786 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:23 am
No. Here employment or non employment is irrelevant for a spouse visa.
Thank you for confirming this :). I might have had the wrong application form then... Is the actual form not meant to ask this?

I have a solicitor I may be using (I wish we could hire some of the admins, you all provide amazing advice!!!!), but wanted to start pulling documents together before my meeting with my solicitor (so I can challenge them also)

P.s. apologies for the separate post.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:35 am

For a spouse visa from abroad on form VAF4A and form Appendix 2, you simply state what she does. No evidence of this is required.

It is only your evidence of employment etc that is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Post by farhantahir786 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:00 am

That makes sense. I thought it was the case but wasn't sure. Didn't seem right that evidence was needed, as technically, employment/ studying would end anyway once a visa is granted. That's the part I wasn't comfortable with.

Have got my employment side sorted. Been working on sorting this out.

Thanks for your help!
Farhan

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Re. Different name on marriage certificate and passport

Post by farhantahir786 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:24 pm

Hi all

I had a quickish question: once i get married, we plan to change my wifes name to our family name. Do we apply for the Nadra marriage certificate after or is it fine if this is in her maiden name?

Just trying to work out timelines of how long i should go Pakistan for...

Thanks
Farhan

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Re. Different name on marriage certificate and passport

Post by seagul » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm

farhantahir786 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:24 pm
Hi all

I had a quickish question: once i get married, we plan to change my wifes name to our family name. Do we apply for the Nadra marriage certificate after or is it fine if this is in her maiden name?

Just trying to work out timelines of how long i should go Pakistan for...

Thanks
Farhan
Marriage certificate and her passport should show her new family name for the issuance of visa in that name.