ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdraw of FLR (FP) application form 10 year route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

madaran
Newly Registered
Japan

Withdraw of FLR (FP) application form 10 year route

Post by madaran » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:25 pm

I was just about to apply by post to renew my visa on the FLR (FP) route - Family Life as a Partner (the 10 year route) but noticed the paper form has just been withdrawn and now I have to apply online.

The online form seems to be for all family routes and asks a lot of questions which were not on the paper form. The one I'm concerned about is the English language test question. Previously (one week ago!) on the paper form, there was no requirement to provide evidence of English language proficiency for the Family Life as a Partner route. But the online form asks for this evidence. I don't know if it's necessary for the partner route - the form doesn't differentiate between the partner route and the parent route (which did required evidence of English). Any advice on whether or not I need to sit an English test before submitting?

Abdullah89
Newly Registered

Re: Withdraw of FLR (FP) application form 10 year route

Post by Abdullah89 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi madaran
Did you find out about the english test. I am on same position i was going to apply and then they changed the form.
I am applying partner 10 years route extension but on the online form there is english language section you can skip it. On paper flrfp form there were no english language section on partner 10 years route.

madaran
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by madaran » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi Abdullah89

It was difficult to find out anything conclusive. My husband phoned the visa helpline a couple of times. The first person was totally unhelpful and wouldn't let him to speak to a manager. The second time he phoned, the adviser just suggested speaking to a lawyer at first, but then agreed to check with a colleague. All he could say was that the online form does refer to English tests and that it would be safer to do the test. So I ended up taking a test. I'm still not sure if they intended to bring in this requirement or if they made a mistake with the online form.

Abdullah89
Newly Registered

Post by Abdullah89 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:02 pm

Thanks madaran
Its look like i have to give English test aswell
How irresponsible home office staff are they changed the form and they don't know nothing.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:20 pm

Abdullah89 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:02 pm
Thanks madaran
Its look like i have to give English test aswell
How irresponsible home office staff are they changed the form and they don't know nothing.
The Home Office 'help line' has been outsourced to a private agency and is manned by staff with a limited knowledge of visa requirements. If you call them 10 times, you're likely to be given a different answer each time. :idea: :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:03 pm

Just online application don’t worries about English test if FLR FP 10 year route
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

Abdullah89
Newly Registered

Post by Abdullah89 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:10 pm

Hi Mrchaany

Why i am worried because when I was filling up flrfp new online form (partner 10 year route) you have to fill up english requirement section you can't skip it you have to answer all questions. I am going to apply next week, Please update me if you know anything regarding english requirements thanks

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:23 pm

No skip just put no
Because you are apply under ten year route

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:58 pm

I know it's confusing and the forms are quite annoying to use.

I do recall there is a section where you can state that you do Not have the English language test. The 10 year route isn't withdrawn though..

The Leave to remain rules DO remain as per the guidance notes: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules

If you are legally in the UK and have your passport and BRP. Why not sit the English language test? It'll only be positive for your case if you need it or not..it's a bit wasteful bit only my opinion

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:35 pm

Only child, adult relative, physically/mentally ill and over 65s don't need English test but all others do need.

See here:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:50 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:35 pm
Only child, adult relative, physically/mentally ill and over 65s don't need English test but all others do need.

See here:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english
What's really interesting is that previously the guidance on the site was incredibly clear with the rules. It's shame it's not as easy BUT filling the form has simplified the process

Again, if you're able to, sit the test. It'll bode well for applicants.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

kunzlek
Newly Registered

Post by kunzlek » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:31 am

I am applying for the 3rd time on FLR FP 10 year partner routes, after finishing with the form to submit, it showed that I applied on FLR M. Can someone please help me, is this right please?

dreamer2

Post by dreamer2 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:25 pm

The Home Office 'help line' has been outsourced to a private agency and is manned by staff with a limited knowledge of visa requirements. If you call them 10 times, you're likely to be given a different answer each time. :idea: :|
[/quote]

I'm absolutely agree with you and after they give the wrong information to people they got refused their application. There is no email address to contact. And not all people can afford to pay to solicitor. The HO looks like just through our lives in the bins.