ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Category A - two jobs with same employer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

geo91
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Category A - two jobs with same employer

Post by geo91 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:05 am

Hello

I am going through the Category A route - six months full pay slips in a job before I make my spouse makes an application to come to the UK. I cannot go through the Category B route.

I have been in my current job for two months but I'd like to look for a new job with the same employer. Both jobs are above 18.6k.

Question -

1. am I able to look for a new position with the same employer?
2. what exactly constitutes six months full pay slip? Would my current job HAVE to end on a Friday and the new one start on a Monday for a 'continuation?' -

The below example is just purely hypothetical

e.g. 01/11 to 30/11 - one month full pay slip- £2000
1/12 - 14/12 - £1700, issue final payslip for current job and the move to new job on 17/12 - 31/12 - £500
and then January full payslip with new job

this would effectively mean a new payslip would be issued?

I have not been able to find an answer on the forum so would be happy if someone could help!

asingh42

Re: Spouse Visa Category A - two jobs with same employer

Post by asingh42 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:08 am

geo91 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:05 am
Hello

I am going through the Category A route - six months full pay slips in a job before I make my spouse makes an application to come to the UK. I cannot go through the Category B route.

I have been in my current job for two months but I'd like to look for a new job with the same employer. Both jobs are above 18.6k.

Question -

1. am I able to look for a new position with the same employer?
2. what exactly constitutes six months full pay slip? Would my current job HAVE to end on a Friday and the new one start on a Monday for a 'continuation?' -

The below example is just purely hypothetical

e.g. 01/11 to 30/11 - one month full pay slip- £2000
1/12 - 14/12 - £1700, issue final payslip for current job and the move to new job on 17/12 - 31/12 - £500
and then January full payslip with new job

this would effectively mean a new payslip would be issued?

I have not been able to find an answer on the forum so would be happy if someone could help!
1. If the new payslips have the same employer listed and also if the payroll reference is the same then you could conider yourself to be working for the same employer. Although have your employer mention the change in role on the employment letter but keeping the start date of employment as at the previous role.
2. The 6 months can be considered 6 months prior to the date of application which is when you be paying online for the application. So if I were to make my online application on 31 december 2018 then I could provide 6 months payslips for month ending July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec.

With regards to to paylip for 1/12 to 14/12 you could count this in the 6 month cycle however, have your employer explain on the letter why is it that you have 2 payslips for for december month end.

The HO also takes the lowest of the 6 monthly payslips and multiply that by 12 so if it isn't spelled out to them why the £500 payslip exists, then there is high probabilty that ECO will end up multiplying £500 by 12. This would obiously mean financial requirement is not met and refusal.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:50 pm

Starting a new role with same employer is indeed a continuation and still falls under category A if being employed by same employer from at least 6 months. If your wages vary then simply choose non-salaried person where HO will take the average of last 6 months wages instead the lowest wage figure.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Videologic
Newly Registered

Post by Videologic » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:55 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:50 pm
Starting a new role with same employer is indeed a continuation and still falls under category A if being employed by same employer from at least 6 months. If your wages vary then simply choose non-salaried person where HO will take the average of last 6 months wages instead the lowest wage figure.
I am in a similar situation where I have just changed roles within the six months. My role before was paying £2133 and now it is paying £2500 per month fixed (monthly salary). Do we go through the salaried route?