ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proofs of ‘each’ year of residence claimed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pwchwh
Newly Registered
Ireland

Proofs of ‘each’ year of residence claimed

Post by pwchwh » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:28 pm

Hello,

I am wondering if my understanding is correct in relation to the proofs of residence of ‘each’ year claimed.

So, if I received a stamp 4 on 31 March 2016 and were to apply for citizenship as the spouse of an Irish citizen after coming March, my 3 years’ residnece runs:

Year 1 - 31 March 2016 to 30 March 2017
Year 2 - 31 March 2017 to 30 March 2018
Year 3 - 31 March 2018 to 30 March 2019

Therefore, I need three differents proofs of residence for the Year 1, another three for thr Year 2, and also three for the Year 3 (9 proofs in total)-this is my understanding.

Reading some other posts here, however, I have noticed that some people have a different interpretation in this regard, which is I have to submit 12 different proofs in total (3 for the ‘Calendar’ Year 2016, 3 for 2017, 3 for 2018, and 3 for 2019, EXCLUDING the additional three proofs of residence for both me and my spouse for the 3 months immediately before my application).

Could anyone here please advise me on this (which interpretation is correct)? Thank you very much for your help.. Happy New Year!

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Proofs of ‘each’ year of residence claimed

Post by Alixlboy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:29 pm

Hi,
When I submitted my application, I also submitted 3 proofs of my current address, just to be on the safe side, even though I had enclosed 3 proofs for the same year, but for a different address. I think being careful is the only way to ensure that you get yours second stage letter ASAP.