ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relying on savings - when can you spend them?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oldmankensey

Relying on savings - when can you spend them?

Post by oldmankensey » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:06 pm

We rely on savings for our ILR SET(M) application, alongside my wife's full time salary.

We've been caught up in the whole 24hr Priority fiasco, so exactly a month after our London premium centre appointment, here we are still waiting for a decision.

So...we haven't touched our savings on the presumption that there is a chance we would have to do another application. Is that wise? Could we safely use funds from that savings account now (and by doing so, bringing the balance under the required 34.6k) or should we sit tight just in case?

We've actually put up with a fair amount of hardship having those funds locked away for 6 months, but we don't want to do something stupid at this stage. I guess the big question is, if we had to do another application, would we then require new, up-to-date statements or could we rely on the ones we used in November?

Casa

Re: Relying on savings - when can you spend them?

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:37 pm

Sit tight and continue to hold the savings until you receive a decision on your application. If you do have to re-apply, you will need to submit new documents dated no earlier than 28 days prior to the submission of the new application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:40 pm

yeah, that's what I feared. :(

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Just for confirmation...what level of savings are you applying with :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:28 pm

£34,600

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:49 pm

oldmankensey wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:28 pm
£34,600
Ok. So my advice stands. I was hoping there was a chance you were holding more savings than needed.
(Casa, not CR001)

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:11 pm

yeah, it's a shame, we actually had 37k in that account 7 weeks ago when we did the application and have withdrawn down to 35k, but can't go any further.

We will wait and not touch that account