ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

saimajaan

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by saimajaan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:10 pm

norty109 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:52 pm
Home office is automatically sending refund of super priority fees if they have failed to process within 24 hours. I received a communication dated 24 December by registered post today stating refund of 610 in the card where the original payment was made from in due course.

I did not ask for refund but it has come automatically so I hope all of you whose were delayed also will get the refund also. My sopra appointment was 8.12 and decision was dated 12.12. Thanks.
did u get ur decision and thanks for sharing it was helpful

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:12 pm

SidG wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:07 pm
Have applied for Super priority on 22Dec in Manchester & haven't heard back from Home office yet (no mail confirmation, no post). As i can figure out here- one has to wait for 5 working days before escalation which in my case would be 3Jan! Mine is 5years Tier 2 general- SetO application. What else can i do apart from calling UKVCAS helpline?
I believe only 3 applicants (Bahadoor, Saimajaan & bibi) who are still waiting for their decisions despite applying in Dec till 17- almost everybody else have got the decision who have applied on or before 21/22Dec. Excruciating wait this is and in today's age it's very sad to see that HO can't even update applicants about the status on real time basis? Dark ages!
I know all we can do is pray and hope for the batter out come

Jayrose17
South Africa

Post by Jayrose17 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:32 pm

Yep sane boat. 22nd December super premium service 11.30 am at premier lounge London at cost of 260GBP.
stressed out with the wait.

nomie200031
Pakistan

Post by nomie200031 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:57 pm

Jayrose17 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:32 pm
Yep sane boat. 22nd December super premium service 11.30 am at premier lounge London at cost of 260GBP.
Hi Jayrose,
Please can you confirm after submitting your online application if you have received any automated generic email from UKVI confirming the receipt of your application and that it may take up to six months for processing the application. I submitted my super priority ILR LR application of 22nd December and receivend an automated email on 24th December. I have just enrolled the biometrics on 28.12.18 morning and haven't received any update after that. Thanks.

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:51 am

with this news today that they're automatically refunding the 610 for those who have had to wait a long time, I wonder if those applications are then simply put into the Standard pile, in which case we'll be waiting until March/April for an answer?

while the refund itself may be good news, the consequences of that might not be so positive - it very much suggests that the HO is giving up on those cases (in the sense of trying to get them decided quickly) and we might be in for a longer wait than expected. Hope I'm wrong...

Jayrose17
South Africa

Post by Jayrose17 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:24 am

I did recieve generic e mail. When I first applied. The guidence on service standards sais 24 hours on super premium unless applied for on a Saturday then your application rolls over to begin Monday.
I was told to wait 5 working days before escalation. I'm hoping they are clearing backlog and it is taking this long to do applications. I am hopeful this is the case and I get some sort of reply this week.

fauji74
Canada

Post by fauji74 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:53 am

oldmankensey wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:51 am
with this news today that they're automatically refunding the 610 for those who have had to wait a long time, I wonder if those applications are then simply put into the Standard pile, in which case we'll be waiting until March/April for an answer?

while the refund itself may be good news, the consequences of that might not be so positive - it very much suggests that the HO is giving up on those cases (in the sense of trying to get them decided quickly) and we might be in for a longer wait than expected. Hope I'm wrong...
Yes - a real worry!

Lets us hope that with the teething issues of the new system (hopefully!) sorted and the full complement of staff back at work after the holidays, there is a quick resolution of delayed applications.

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:01 pm

Jayrose17 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:24 am
I did recieve generic e mail. When I first applied. The guidence on service standards sais 24 hours on super premium unless applied for on a Saturday then your application rolls over to begin Monday.
I was told to wait 5 working days before escalation. I'm hoping they are clearing backlog and it is taking this long to do applications. I am hopeful this is the case and I get some sort of reply this week.
don't worry I don't think they would do that bec then why would they even offer the super priority service if they can't deal with it . I hope that's not the case I will be so so annoyed. in waiting since the 7th dec

qwmm
Newly Registered
China

Post by qwmm » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:20 pm

Waiting since 4th Dec :?
saimajaan wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:01 pm
Jayrose17 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:24 am
don't worry I don't think they would do that bec then why would they even offer the super priority service if they can't deal with it . I hope that's not the case I will be so so annoyed. in waiting since the 7th dec

nice111

Post by nice111 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:58 pm

Would anybody who applied for Set M via new system be able to help please.

1. In Finances there is a following question and few more after.
Are they a director or non-executive director of a limited company based in the UK?

Does it mean director of the company mentioned in the employments OR Director of any company regardless of mentioned employment?

I (Husband) solely own the property. Does my wife say "None" and describe that Home is on husband's name and we share the expenses?

5. Cohabitation; 2.5 years letters.

Do we need to provide 2 years or 2.5 years letters (Last extension was done for 2.5 years).

Thanks in advance.

himanshuc
Mood:
India

Post by himanshuc » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:57 pm

Hi, can you please state what do they say in that letter specifically as in the language? Thanks

My status: Sopra appointment: 10/12/18; Decision email: 29/12/18

norty109 wrote:
Home office is automatically sending refund of super priority fees if they have failed to process within 24 hours. I received a communication dated 24 December by registered post today stating refund of 610 in the card where the original payment was made from in due course.

I did not ask for refund but it has come automatically so I hope all of you whose were delayed also will get the refund also. My sopra appointment was 8.12 and decision was dated 12.12. Thanks.

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:23 pm

himanshuc wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:57 pm
Hi, can you please state what do they say in that letter specifically as in the language? Thanks

My status: Sopra appointment: 10/12/18; Decision email: 29/12/18

norty109 wrote:

u got ur decision that's good congrats I hope we get ours too

himanshuc
Mood:
India

Post by himanshuc » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:59 pm

Just for the benefit of everybody who is waiting and extremely disappointed with the delay despite paying for the Super Priority service. In my experience, if your application is delayed, for no reason and without any email correspondence from the HO requesting further information, for more than 5 working days, it is probably stuck somewhere and somehow in the system and without any push it remains there. I would advise you to contact your local MP with a strong email as this will help you to get your application move out of that Limbo state. I do not think those escalation calls help any bit at all. Those guys, not all of them; some are nice and understand the painful wait, that we call are so frustrated bunch that they do not even have the decency to provide you with the correct information or worse they do not even have it.

I will strongly pursue for the refund and any direction from someone who has got it till now will be appreciated.

Good luck for those who are waiting! Keep pushing. Thanks a lot everyone.

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:33 pm

himanshuc wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:59 pm
Just for the benefit of everybody who is waiting and extremely disappointed with the delay despite paying for the Super Priority service. In my experience, if your application is delayed, for no reason and without any email correspondence from the HO requesting further information, for more than 5 working days, it is probably stuck somewhere and somehow in the system and without any push it remains there. I would advise you to contact your local MP with a strong email as this will help you to get your application move out of that Limbo state. I do not think those escalation calls help any bit at all. Those guys, not all of them; some are nice and understand the painful wait, that we call are so frustrated bunch that they do not even have the decency to provide you with the correct information or worse they do not even have it.

I will strongly pursue for the refund and any direction from someone who has got it till now will be appreciated.

THANK u for ur suggestion in still waiting have u got ur decision if yes how

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:47 pm

I just wrote to my MP regarding this matter hopefully he will find some info about our applications. hopefully by the end of this week all of us get thier decisions .. those who have received theirs please share thank u

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:40 pm

saimajaan wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:47 pm
I just wrote to my MP regarding this matter hopefully he will find some info about our applications. hopefully by the end of this week all of us get thier decisions .. those who have received theirs please share thank u
Hey Saimajaan,

When you you apply for ILR? which type and from where did you apply? was your case complicated?

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:50 pm

Jayrose17 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:32 pm
Hi Jayrose, any inputs yesterday or today from home office? I wish you get your decision soon. We all are sailing in same boat!!

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:52 pm

himanshuc wrote:

Hi Himanshu
Who did you push for your application? You have submitted on 10Dec and got decision from home office on 29Dec- what all you have done to push your case ? Have you written to your MP or some other steps?
Thanks

himanshuc
Mood:
India

Post by himanshuc » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:59 pm

Hi yes, I believe pushing my case through my MP helped in my case.
SidG wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:52 pm
himanshuc wrote:

Hi Himanshu
Who did you push for your application? You have submitted on 10Dec and got decision from home office on 29Dec- what all you have done to push your case ? Have you written to your MP or some other steps?
Thanks

bipink
Newly Registered

Post by bipink » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:23 am

Hi,

Here is my situation for SET(O) under Super Priority Service.

Application submitted online & Sopra Steria/Biometrics appointment is booked for 2019 Jan 12.

Couple of questions:

1) If there is a mistake in the application at this stage what can be done? Now after submission I think I made a mistake while entering the dates in the absences from the UK section, instead of putting 1-Feb-2014 I put 11-Feb-2014 as an exit date from the UK. Even though those 10 days difference is not going to hit the 180 days rule I wonder what's the best thing to do now?

2) While we await a decision (say decision not received in 24 hours to 5 days), can I travel outside the UK (say to Dubai with my passport and current valid BRP) and return after 1 week and receive the decision and new BRP if its ready?

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:33 am

bipink wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:23 am
Hi,

Here is my situation for SET(O) under Super Priority Service.

Application submitted online & Sopra Steria/Biometrics appointment is booked for 2019 Jan 12.

Couple of questions:

1) If there is a mistake in the application at this stage what can be done? Now after submission I think I made a mistake while entering the dates in the absences from the UK section, instead of putting 1-Feb-2014 I put 11-Feb-2014 as an exit date from the UK. Even though those 10 days difference is not going to hit the 180 days rule I wonder what's the best thing to do now?

2) While we await a decision (say decision not received in 24 hours to 5 days), can I travel outside the UK (say to Dubai with my passport and current valid BRP) and return after 1 week and receive the decision and new BRP if its ready?
Hi There,

1. I guess noting can be done once the application is submitted, however you can write this onto the cover letter, the important dates the caseworker determines are from passport entry/exit stamps, if you have that ticket, you can probably supply that as well.

2. As I am aware you can't leave the country once the application is being submitted.

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:57 am

frmglasgow wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:40 pm
saimajaan wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:47 pm
Hey Saimajaan,

When you you apply for ILR? which type and from where did you apply? was your case complicated?
hey hope u r well .
I applied for ilr settlement our main applicant is my mum we applied as a family of 5 and yes our case is straight forward we submitted it with a help of our lawyer and it was in Croydon appliedon the 7th of dec.

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:59 am

SidG wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:52 pm
himanshuc wrote:

Hi Himanshu
Thanks
hey can u share what exactly u said to ur mp it's my first time I did emil him but he replied saying that there is no information even though I told him the situation can u plz kindley share so I can write him with a correct info thanks in advance

Saddy2018
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Saddy2018 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:07 pm

My timeline (super priority Service) - Tier 4 (student) - Visa Extension

Application submission: 17 Dec
Bio-metric & Docs check at Sopera: 24 Dec at 10:00 am, Glasglow, Scotland
Decision: 24 Dec 2018, Received decision via email within 2 hours of my bio-metric & docs check.

Decision letter & BRP Card: Received today (31 Dec 2018).

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:22 pm

Saddy2018 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:07 pm
My timeline (super priority Service) - Tier 4 (student) - Visa Extension

Application submission: 17 Dec
Bio-metric & Docs check at Sopera: 24 Dec at 10:00 am, Glasglow, Scotland
Decision: 24 Dec 2018, Received decision via email within 2 hours of my bio-metric & docs check.

Decision letter & BRP Card: Received today (31 Dec 2018).
congrats hope we get ours