ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 residence card applying online

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asianmimi
Newly Registered
Spain

EEA 2 residence card applying online

Post by asianmimi » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:29 pm

I have got 6 months EEA family permit visa to join my husband who is a Spanish nation and working in UK for one year.

Now I am trying to apply EEA residence card, should I use the paper form which contains 100 pages or can I apply online with my husband? He is applying a registration certificate online as an EEA Qualified person.

This is my first post, I hope someone can help me, thank you so much!

tiems
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Re: EEA 2 residence card applying online

Post by tiems » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:17 am

You can apply online. Your partner can add you to their application. I highly recommend this route, as it is far more convenient.

In fact, you can also use the European passport return service if you like; meaning that you don’t have to send in the physical passport to the home office.

asianmimi
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by asianmimi » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:41 pm

tiems wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:17 am
You can apply online. Your partner can add you to their application. I highly recommend this route, as it is far more convenient.
In fact, you can also use the European passport return service if you like; meaning that you don’t have to send in the physical passport to the home office.
Thank you so much!! But I just saw the gov.uk website, it says:
The qualified person can include you if they apply online for permanent residence.
Otherwise, you must download and fill in :
application for a direct family member, form EEA (FM). Post it to the Home Office, using the address on the form. Include the fee and supporting documents listed on the form.
The link is here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card/apply
My husband doesn´t have permanent residence, he has only been working in UK for one year, in this case, I can´t use online application? Or the link above is old, and there is new apply system? Thank you!

tiems
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by tiems » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:56 pm

What you’d be looking for is applying for the registration certificate and add your application to it:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/eea-qp

That’s what we did 6 months ago, right after moving to the UK. I certainly didn’t have PR back then.

It looks like they’ve started editing the pages to reflect the upcoming settlement scheme.

ambreen4393
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ambreen4393 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:59 am

Hi Dear,
I am an italian national married to non ee member. I am working in London since last year. My husband just joined me in November. Now i want to apply for my UK Residence card & For him. As you have done the same so can you please guide me about the required documents and supporting docs and also about the timeline. I shall be very thankful to you.
Ambreen