ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement For ILR-IELTS Academic

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunny007

English Language Requirement For ILR-IELTS Academic

Post by sunny007 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Hello every one,

I am trying to figure out each documents for my ILR Application ? during my search i found the following link from the UKBA website , so i'm assuming that i don't need to give Ielts test again, because following both conditions are true in my case, ( note : I have passed IELTS Academic)
I have read some where in the form that IELTS Academic is not acceptable for ILR, Can any one please forward me the link where its say that Ielts Academic is not acceptable for ILR? because in english language test they have mention following two points , which both fits in my condition, do i need to pass the test again?

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.

Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, eg when you got permission to enter

Above both statements are true in my case,

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: English Language Requirement For ILR-IELTS Academic

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:08 am

you are correct. you can use your expired result if it is like what you said.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:04 am

If you explain which category you are applying ILR ie spouse etc ? IELTS test passed date, a brief immigration history, someone can give you better information because UKVI only accepted SELT approved tests from approved test centres.

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:31 pm

bluebird12 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:04 am
If you explain which category you are applying ILR ie spouse etc ? IELTS test passed date, a brief immigration history, someone can give you better information because UKVI only accepted SELT approved tests from approved test centres.
I'm applying for ILR through tier-2 General 5 year route,
Test date = August 2013
Ielts Test Provider : IELTS SELT Consortium.
IDP / BC = BC.
Test centre number : PK015
Name of test centre : BC Islamabad

Could you please confirm now?
As per following link the test center is still in the list.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ebsite.pdf

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:31 pm

sunny007 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:31 pm
bluebird12 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:04 am
I'm applying for ILR through tier-2 General 5 year route,
Test date = August 2013
Ielts Test Provider : IELTS SELT Consortium.
IDP / BC = BC.
Test centre number : PK015
Name of test centre : BC Islamabad

Could you please confirm now?
As per following link the test center is still in the list.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ebsite.pdf
Hello every one,
Can i used my expired above english language Ilets Academic certificate, which I've used in my first tier 2 general application?

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:27 pm

Best thing is you need to check ILR application form and guidance it should be mentioned there whether IELTS Acadmic is acceptable or not ? It should say IELTS for UKVI ... expired TEST is accepted if all three conditions are met , correct level of test , category and approved test centre,,, SELT ...
However, sometimes UKVI do ask for new updated test even all above conditions are met...

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:08 pm

bluebird12 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:27 pm
Best thing is you need to check ILR application form and guidance it should be mentioned there whether IELTS Acadmic is acceptable or not ? It should say IELTS for UKVI ... expired TEST is accepted if all three conditions are met , correct level of test , category and approved test centre,,, SELT ...
However, sometimes UKVI do ask for new updated test even all above conditions are met...
Thanks Bluebird for your answer, I think it is better to give fresh test rather than taking £3000 risk, can any one confirm the following test is acceptable ? I've checked the Approved test list, and as per my understanding it is acceptable, but on the safe side just need a confirmation from the senior member.
https://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=3220

thanks

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:30 pm

any advice from the senior members please? as i need to book my test.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Trinity B1 test is acceptable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:36 pm
Thanks CR001 for your prompt respone as usual :), I'm not sure whether i need to open a new thread for this or should i continue asking different question in the same thread?

My transit visa was rejected in 2017 when travelling through Qatar airways, I have applied for my transit visa before my travelling and then i got an email that your transit visa application has been refused without further information, Now my question is should i explain this in my ILR Visa application ?

because in Travel history (other) part there is a question
Have you ever been:
refused a visa for any country other than the UK
deported from any country other than the UK
removed from any country other than the UK
required to leave any country other than the UK
refused entry at the border of any country other than the UK

Any suggestion , and if i declare then will it impact my ILR application?

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:52 pm

sunny007 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:44 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thanks CR001 for your prompt respone as usual :), I'm not sure whether i need to open a new thread for this or should i continue asking different question in the same thread?

My transit visa was rejected in 2017 when travelling through Qatar airways, I have applied for my transit visa before my travelling and then i got an email that your transit visa application has been refused without further information, Now my question is should i explain this in my ILR Visa application ?

Have you ever been:

sorry i forget to mention that my Transit Visa for Doha was rejected.

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:47 pm

sunny007 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:52 pm
sunny007 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:44 pm
CR001 wrote:

Have you ever been:

sorry i forget to mention that my Transit Visa for Doha was rejected.
Can any senior member please advise?

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi every one,

1. I'm planning to apply in the coming weeks, so need your advice , should i mention in the application that my transit visa has been refused?

Have you ever been:

2. During my visit to home country, I've visited the Dubai twice via transit visa. now there is a question on the application .
Q : Which countries did you visit or travel through when absent from the UK and Crown Dependencies?
A : I write my home country.

Q: When did you leave the UK and Crown Dependencies?
Q: When did you return to the UK and Crown Dependencies?

Q : What was the reason for this time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies?

should i write the Dubai in the separate question ? if so then what should I write in the second and third questions - yellow highlighted above?
or is it ok to write the details in the the red highlighted question, that I have visited my home country and during my return I visited the Dubai and then write the entry date to dubai and exit date from Dubai.

Please advice

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:04 pm

sunny007 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:51 pm
Hi every one,

1. I'm planning to apply in the coming weeks, so need your advice , should i mention in the application that my transit visa has been refused?

Have you ever been:
Yes you should declare it[glow=red][/glow]

2. During my visit to home country, I've visited the Dubai twice via transit visa. now there is a question on the application .
Q : Which countries did you visit or travel through when absent from the UK and Crown Dependencies?

Q : What was the reason for this time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies?

should i write the Dubai in the separate question ? if so then what should I write in the second and third questions - yellow highlighted above?
or is it ok to write the details in the the red highlighted question, that I have visited my home country and during my return I visited the Dubai and then write the entry date to dubai and exit date from Dubai.

They are interested in the entry and exit dates from UK. Just write the home country and in the details reasons section mention transit via dubai and mention the reason e.g. tourism or meet a friend etc

Please advice
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:29 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:04 pm
sunny007 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:51 pm
Hi every one,

Have you ever been:
Yes you should declare it[glow=red][/glow]

They are interested in the entry and exit dates from UK. Just write the home country and in the details reasons section mention transit via dubai and mention the reason e.g. tourism or meet a friend etc

Please advice
Thanks tier11417