ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Proof of Address query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Optimus Prime
Newly Registered
Mood:

FLR (M) Queries

Post by Optimus Prime » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Hi All,

My spouse received her BRP on 5th April 2016 and it is due to expire on 16th January 2019. I had a few queries for you all:

1. I am a British Citizen and looking to apply for FLR (M) for an extra 2.5 years. Does anyone have a comprehensive list of evidence that they've put together to almost guarantee an application can go through?

2. When would I need to apply by at the earliest?

3. If the decision takes longer than expected and its going beyond 16th January, does that mean she'll need to leave the UK before a decision is made?

4. On average, do you get a quicker response from doing the application online or by post or does it not matter?

Thanks for your help as always - been a while since I was last on this forum :D

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR (M) Queries

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:52 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:40 pm
Hi All,

My spouse received her BRP on 5th April 2016 and it is due to expire on 16th January 2019. I had a few queries for you all:

1. I am a British Citizen and looking to apply for FLR (M) for an extra 2.5 years. Does anyone have a comprehensive list of evidence that they've put together to almost guarantee an application can go through?

2. When would I need to apply by at the earliest?

3. If the decision takes longer than expected and its going beyond 16th January, does that mean she'll need to leave the UK before a decision is made?

4. On average, do you get a quicker response from doing the application online or by post or does it not matter?

Thanks for your help as always - been a while since I was last on this forum :D
1. Read the form and search the board to learn as what had they attached to get success but most important is 6 pieces of joint evidences to meet the cohabitation requirements. But still no guarantee of success.
2. 28 days before of completing 30 months since arriving uk or before date of expiry but preferably apply extension closer to visa expiry to avoid any shortfall to get ilr in future.
3. Applicant will retain same rights as he/she got before if the visa is applied before its expiry.
4. Check timeline in boards.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Optimus Prime
Newly Registered
Mood:

FLR (M) Proof of Address query

Post by Optimus Prime » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:29 pm

Hi All,

My wife has been in the UK on a spouse visa and was given a BRP from April 2016 to January 2019. We have lived with my parents from April 2016 to July 2018 after which we've got a place of our own that we rent from August 2018 till today. I have supplied a letter from my father showing that he has provided our accommodation from April 2016 to July 2018. Would this mean that I will need to show evidence of proof of address whilst we lived with him or is it sufficient to provide proof of address only from the time we are renting our own property (August 2018 to January 2019)?

I'd be most grateful for a swift response on this as I'm just concerned that I don't have enough evidence in either my name or my wife's name whilst we were living with my parents.

bathanza

Re: FLR (M) Proof of Address query

Post by bathanza » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:29 pm

Do you have any proof of address in joint names at all during the stay at your parents place?

Below count too

Bank statements
Gp letters
Hosptial letters
HMRC tax letters
DWP letters

Read the number of items required IF you do Not have sufficient evidence as joint

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Optimus Prime
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Optimus Prime » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:39 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Here is what I have to hand:

1. Electricity Gas Bills (My name) [property 1]
2. Car Insurance (My name) [property 1]
3. Bank Statements (joint) [property 1]
4. Car Insurance (wife's name) [property 1]
5. Car Insurance (my name) [property 2]
6. Internet Bill (my name) [property 2]
7. Sky Bill (my name) [property 2]
8. Car Insurance (wife's name) [property 2]
9. DBS Certificate (wife's name) [property 2]
10. Mobile Phone bill (my name) [property 3]
11. Mobile phone bill (wife's name) [property 3]
12. Tenancy agreement (joint) [property 3]
13. Council tax bill (joint) [property 3]
14. Bank Statements (joint) [property 3]
15. HMRC correspondance (my name) [property 3]
16. Driving Licence (my name) [property 3]
17. Driving Licence (wife's name) [property 3]
18. Credit Card Bill (wife's name) [property 3]
19. Internet bills (wife's name) [property 3]

Will this be enough to show the entire time period?

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:10 am

As long as it spans the 2 year period should be okay.

E.G council tax is just one bill that counts as an annual.

The driving licence is not needed - that won't be accepted as a period of time as proof of address, this is more about prooving co-habitation and the period of time passed together as a sustainable couple.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.