ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility from 12 Jan “18

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mrunal
Newly Registered
India

ILR eligibility from 12 Jan “18

Post by Mrunal » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Hi all,

Can someone pls help me with figurin out how to apply for my ilr , as the process is undergoin some change soon.
I am eligible for ilr after 12th Jan , (considerin 28 days eligibility, tier 2 general- date of entry- 8th Feb 2014
Counting 45 days eligibility, i can take an appt at the Premium centre after 24th Nov ‘18.
However, it says on their site that till 8th Jan, there will he limited availability for appt at PSCs. It also says that ppl applying for ilr before 29th Nov, can choose to go via existing route or the nee UKVCAS route.
So, does it mean i can still take an appt between 24-29th Nov, for a date after 12th Jan at the premium service centre (Croydon is whr i will b applying)? Im confused as it also says they are closing down the PSC’s by Nov end & limited appt avaibility till 8th Jan.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thank u!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR eligibility from 12 Jan “18

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:54 pm

It also says that ppl applying for ilr before 29th Nov, can choose to go via existing route or the nee UKVCAS route.
So, does it mean i can still take an appt between 24-29th Nov, for a date after 12th Jan at the premium service centre (Croydon is whr i will b applying)? Im confused as it also says they are closing down the PSC’s by Nov end & limited appt avaibility till 8th Jan.
It means appointments with the existing 'old' system up to 29 November, as it clearly states. It does not state you can make appointments for January up to 29 November.

You will need to apply using the new system.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mrunal
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mrunal » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:49 pm

Ok. thank you for the clarification. Also, i wanted to know if there is any change in applying for child's british registration after parents ILR. My son is born here in 2015, earlier i was going to apply for his british registration & passport (MN1 form) soon after my ilr. Can i do the same still or has that also changed?

So to clarify, my 28 days eligibility period starts from 11th Jan '18, so as per the new process, can i apply online on 7 or 8 th Jan, then take an appt date within 5 days of applying as it says, which will be 11 or 12th Jan? Or do i have to fill the form only on 11th Jan & thereafter take the appt in 5 days at the nearest service centre?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:37 am

Ok. thank you for the clarification. Also, i wanted to know if there is any change in applying for child's british registration after parents ILR. My son is born here in 2015, earlier i was going to apply for his british registration & passport (MN1 form) soon after my ilr. Can i do the same still or has that also changed?
There has been NO change of rules or laws regarding ILR or citizenship. It is ONLY the application process that has changed!!
So to clarify, my 28 days eligibility period starts from 11th Jan '18, so as per the new process, can i apply online on 7 or 8 th Jan, then take an appt date within 5 days of applying as it says, which will be 11 or 12th Jan? Or do i have to fill the form only on 11th Jan & thereafter take the appt in 5 days at the nearest service centre?
There is currently uncertainty on what is considered the application date with the new system. Might be safer to apply online once you are in your 28 days before period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mrunal
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mrunal » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:37 pm

My tenancy agreement was prepared in March 2014, can i provide that as proof of co-habitation or will it not serve as a proof because it is dated in 2014 & i have to show co-habitation proof from 2016 to date.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:13 am

Mrunal wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:37 pm
My tenancy agreement was prepared in March 2014, can i provide that as proof of co-habitation or will it not serve as a proof because it is dated in 2014 & i have to show co-habitation proof from 2016 to date.
A tenay from 2014 will only count if you can show it was still binding in the last two years. Short assured let tenancies have a fixed end date and they need to be extended to be binding beyond their original end date.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:55 am

For information.
nomie200031 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:25 am
Morning Everyone,

Just to update everyone I have just received an official reply from UKVI front end services on my query for application date and appointment date which I think is more clearer now. I hope its helpful.

Good Morning

Appointments cannot be booked until the online application has been completed. All customers will be able to attend the new service within 5 working days.

You should not apply before you are eligible as the date of application is considered to be the day you submit your online application.

Many Thanks

Front End Services Team

Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mrunal
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mrunal » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:00 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:13 am
Mrunal wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:37 pm
A tenay from 2014 will only count if you can show it was still binding in the last two years. Short assured let tenancies have a fixed end date and they need to be extended to be binding beyond their original end date.
Hello Moderator,

For Set(O), main applicant & dependent. i will be taking appt next week.

For cohabitation proof- I will be providing Council Tax & Rent agreement(renewed till date). Council tax from 2017/18 & 2018/19, Rent agreement from March 2016-March 2017, March 2017 to March 2019. Is this sufficient? I am the main applicant.
Unfortunately, i do not have any other proof of cohabitation which bears my spouse's name, but i can show more documents if asked as proof in my name. If asked for 2018 for my wife, i can show her last 6 months bank statements & last 10 months pay slips.

Is Council tax & Rent copy sufficient for both of us? Or should i show more proof under my name?
Is car insurance policy an acceptable proof for both of us, i am the main driver & my spouse is the additional driver.
How about getting a letter from your GP(Surgery house) for my wife, we are using the same since 2014. Will that be acceptable?

Mrunal
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mrunal » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:32 pm

Can any moderator guide me on the above query pls

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:44 am

Proof of cohabitation ideally spread over the 2 years, either in joint names or in each name. One joint letter (or one letter in each name) over a 4 month period from 3 different sources spread over the 2 years is the minimum and mandatory requirement. All Documents are accepted
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mrunal
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mrunal » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:44 pm

I will be submitting my SET(O) application this Sat, as my 28 days eligibility window starts from 12th Jan; i have first entered UK on 8th Feb 2014. Below is the list of documents i will be submitting; please let me know if i need to add anything more-

1) Current & Old Passports of main applicant & Spouse
2) Both BRPs
3) Life in the UK test pass certificate for both
4) English test pass certificate for both
5) Co habitation proof-
Rent agreement from March 2016-2017, March 2017- till date (in joint names)
Council tax from March 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 (in joint names)
Provisional license of spouse dated June '16
Car insurance policy in the name of main applicant, spouse as additional driver (Oct '16, renewed Oct '17, & Sept '18
NHS Dental Bill in spouse name-Jan '17
Official letter with name & address of spouse from online study provider in UK dated May & June '17
Permanent license of Spouse dated Feb '18
Online Bank statements of Spouse from May '18 onwards, HSBC refuses to stamp them
Utility bill in joint names from June '18
6) Employer from letter mentioning all details mentioned in CoS & absence letter attached
7) Declaration form
8) Last 6 months salary slips sent by the company
9) last 3 months bank statement, sent by bank in post
10) Marriage certificate

Also after submitting the form online; will i be getting any email from the HO? Can i book an appt straight away after submitting the form?
Can i support all documents one after the other? or are there any bullet points/pointers against which i have to submit the documents?

Any extra info will be much appreciated

Thank you