ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AMH

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by AMH » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:01 am

allyf wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:56 am
I am applying through Set M and just to be safe I have uploaded every single page of my passport (new and previous old one which had my fiancé visa) and my husband’s passport. It was very difficult to get the scanned pages down to under 6MB each. I’m not completely sure myself how my husband did it...but i think it was scanned then copied into PAINT, then resized and cropped which kept the high resolution but all fit in a pdf under 6MB. It took ages to do, but I’m content it is done well. I hold a Canadian Passport with many pages of visa’s and stamps so had to ensure those were visible to read. A very riveting task to say the least! Now I’m sure Sopra Steria will tell me it all wrong and I’m back to square one 🙄
SS can scan and upload the documents if they don't like the quality.
7A8M6H

vikshi1

Post by vikshi1 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:09 pm

Could someone suggest from your experience on this.

We've submitted Tier 2 general leave to remain application on 28th Nov and completed biometrics on 30th in UKVCAS new methed on 30th Nov and it is a priority service application, so we were expecting a response in 10 working days and till now(more than 15 working days) there is no response from UKVI on the application.

When we contacted UKVI Contact center on 14th they responded by email on 17th saying "Our records show your application is still being processed."

So when could I expect the result of this priority service application? and
would the result be via a post or email?
and how long for the brp's after that?

Thanks

mateen123
Newly Registered

Post by mateen123 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:44 pm

Hi

I need help in booking a permium service appointment (24 hour decision) with the new system.

I am applying for an ILR visa, SET(O), for my wife. ON the payment page I see two options:

1) New service
2) Existing service

When I select the "New Service" it takes me to a Choose a service page. On this page the only option I see is

Standard service : pay 2408.20 GBP, most people get a decision within 26 weeks after attending their biometrics appointment

I dont see any other option to select the 24 hour decision. How do I select that option?

Thanks,
Mateen

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and looking forward to happy new year 2019- advances happy new year wishes all.

I want to share my experience of applying my SET LR application.

1. I submitted online application on 24th December - within 28 days eligible period.

2. Looked around my home to book appointments but nothing available even for 80 miles radius. Then I have to book the premium lounge in London mark lane for today the 27th at 9:30am -£260 extra ok top of £3018.20.

3. I uploaded all documents myself - they will give you a checklist. I scanned in pdf and used online combine & compress tool to combine and reduce the size of each file as the new system allows only size up to 6MB each girl.

4. Went this morning to mark lane London by 8:30 for 9:30 am. People for 7am appointments were waiting outside saying they did not open yet ??? 😁😁😁 was laughing myself thinking they real day begins now

6. Went it by 9am, the reception guy asked to wait. Called me by 10 to go inside the loto wait there to be called giving a number

7. I had orange juice and corrosiant worth
£260 😬🙄. Called inside a cabin room at around 11:45am.

8. A lady asked my appointment letter and passport. She took biometric and photos. Scanned few pages of my new passport. Toook the checklist and was saying wat she can see in her computer which I uploaded myself. Everything was fine as she said.

9. When asked about the results she said we don’t know. Call the number or email. She said it would be may be 2nd of January. She said they are working only half a day today but there were already 20 more people waiting.

10. I hope 🤞 good news will come ASAP. Did my what part so sit and wait 🤞

Will update as days goes on

Any help in regards to SET LR form application please ask me anytime

Thanks and regards

neil30
Newly Registered
India

Post by neil30 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:45 am

@cutegirl I am in same boat as your. Could you please share how did your application go? did you manage to go to super priority appointment? Any further updates?

your response is highly appreciated.

neil30
Newly Registered
India

Post by neil30 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:49 am

cutegirl21 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:24 am
Hi Gurus/Kind Member,

I have a couple of questions, it will be soo helpful if you guys will reply to my questions.

1. My file is still under process under Tier 1 Entrepreneur, and I have to now vary my application under ILR 10 years route, can I attend that Super Premium Service for SETLR, when my file is under process and can I vary using super premium 24 Hours service?

2. What date will be considered for my ILR application 10 years consideration the time I apply on UKVCAS website and pay for my ILR or the date I attend the Sopra Centre?

3. How quick you guys get appointments, like hope you guys remember in the old system I saw people were struggling to get appointments even 4 months early?

4. I am looking you guys have not given anything to Sopra staff was wondering what you guys did to your old status BRP which was getting expire? do they ask to destroy it or to send back to HO?

Hi Cutegirl21

I am in same situation as of you. whats the status of your LR application?

could you please share all details?

Much appreciated

Neil

Fhr37
Newly Registered

Post by Fhr37 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi Everyone

I attended my appointment at the UKVCAS - Sopra Steria 19.12.18 at 8am. I went for SET-M super premium.

Below is what happened!

1. I got ID checked by one of the Sopra steria staff (looked at the QR code/reference number on the appointment confirmation and then checked my passport - photo ID)

2. I was given a printed handout "How to do Biometric yourself" and a token number. I was asked to wait for few seconds.

3. I was called to one of the agents immediately for Official Check-in -again using the QR code and Passport. Once this was done, I was asked to enroll for Biometric.

4. Enrolled self bio-metric around 8.05am.

5. I was called immediately for document check. Again they asked my Appointment reference number and Passport. After that the Sopra Steria staff kept looking at her screen for almost 15 minutes saying she is looking at my documents. I heard/saw a lot of mouse clicks,After that she said, all documents are fine.There is no chairs for sitting,I have to stand for until she finishing the document checking.

6. They didn’t ask my originals that I carried with me. Not even a single document (apart from the passport). She said it is all good.

7. She told me,I will get the decision in 24 hrs.

8. Once all done, I left the centre (Croydon) , to reach home around 11am.

9. Received email from home office on same day around 11.20am ,my visa application has been granted.

10.Received letter and BRP on 21.12.2018

All the best everyone.

nomie200031
Pakistan

Post by nomie200031 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:48 pm

HI vpruk,
I was reading your post and it seems your timeline is very similar to mine. I submitted my super priority application on 22nd and enrolled my biometrics yesterday morning 28.12.18. Just to enquire did you receive any automated email yet from UKVI after submitting your application on 24.12.18 stating they have received your application with case id and it may take up to six months for processing. I received an automated email from UKVI on 24.12.18 two days after submitting my application. Monday 31.12.18 isn't a bank holiday so I think Home Office will be opened but the real progress will start from 02nd January onwards. I hope we get an update soon. Please keep us posted for any updates on this forum. Cheers.
vpruk wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:22 pm
Hi all,

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and looking forward to happy new year 2019- advances happy new year wishes all.

1. I submitted online application on 24th December - within 28 days eligible period.

2. Looked around my home to book appointments but nothing available even for 80 miles radius. Then I have to book the premium lounge in London mark lane for today the 27th at 9:30am -£260 extra ok top of £3018.20.

3. I uploaded all documents myself - they will give you a checklist. I scanned in pdf and used online combine & compress tool to combine and reduce the size of each file as the new system allows only size up to 6MB each girl.

4. Went this morning to mark lane London by 8:30 for 9:30 am. People for 7am appointments were waiting outside saying they did not open yet ??? 😁😁😁 was laughing myself thinking they real day begins now

6. Went it by 9am, the reception guy asked to wait. Called me by 10 to go inside the loto wait there to be called giving a number

8. A lady asked my appointment letter and passport. She took biometric and photos. Scanned few pages of my new passport. Toook the checklist and was saying wat she can see in her computer which I uploaded myself. Everything was fine as she said.

9. When asked about the results she said we don’t know. Call the number or email. She said it would be may be 2nd of January. She said they are working only half a day today but there were already 20 more people waiting.

Thanks and regards

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Post by alpharomeo » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:19 pm

vpruk wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:22 pm
Hi all,

Thanks and regards
Hi vpruk

Best of luck for your application, you will get it soon. Please help me with the following questions as I am going to submit my set LR application very soon.

1.What category you applied from(previous leave to remain)?
2. what documents you uploaded online?
3. was your online application submission date was within 28 days of completing 10 years?

Thank you

waruni100
Newly Registered

Post by waruni100 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:46 am

Hi,

I have the same problem, 3 days ago I sent my application online and I am just waiting to upload documents.
When I went to upload my documents, under "Mandatory documents" section, it doesn't give me any option to upload. I see options under Optional Title.

If anybody got sorted this issue please share how did you upload mandatory documents??

Thank you

nomie200031
Pakistan

Post by nomie200031 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:07 pm

waruni100 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:46 am
Hi,

I have the same problem, 3 days ago I sent my application online and I am just waiting to upload documents.
When I went to upload my documents, under "Mandatory documents" section, it doesn't give me any option to upload. I see options under Optional Title.

If anybody got sorted this issue please share how did you upload mandatory documents??

Thank you
Hi Varuni,

Just to let you know there was nothing showing in the mandatory section for me too. I checked with Sopra Steria they said thats not an error but thats how it should be for ILR LR. They asked me to upload all relevant documents in the optional section which I found was good enough for me. You can also use the other category to upload documents with description in the optional section. Hope it helps.

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Post by alpharomeo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:26 pm

nomie200031 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:07 pm
waruni100 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you
Hi Varuni,

Just to let you know there was nothing showing in the mandatory section for me too. I checked with Sopra Steria they said thats not an error but thats how it should be for ILR LR. They asked me to upload all relevant documents in the optional section which I found was good enough for me. You can also use the other category to upload documents with description in the optional section. Hope it helps.
@nomie200031

What was your previous category? and what documents you uploaded for ILR LR application can you please give us the list of any supportive docs you have uploaded other then Passport, Life in UK and English Test/Degree. Thank you

nomie200031
Pakistan

Post by nomie200031 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:51 pm

alpharomeo wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:26 pm
nomie200031 wrote:
waruni100 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you
Hi Varuni,

@nomie200031

What was your previous category? and what documents you uploaded for ILR LR application can you please give us the list of any supportive docs you have uploaded other then Passport, Life in UK and English Test/Degree. Thank you
Hi alpha,

I am applying from Tier 4 (this year) to ILR LR but previously I have been on other visas including Tier 2, PSW and Tier 4. For my application I have supplied my payslips/P60s in employment history, educational history and certificates, BRP, Bank Statement for last three months, verification consent form, previous passports used for travelling to and from UK and online application form submitted to UKVI. That's pretty much it unless you have provided other reasons to stay in your application and some of these documents could be optional as they aren't a specific requirement for ILR LR. In travel history dates on the application for I had some confusion because it allowed date left and date entered with only one country in the dropdown. At one or two occassions I travelled to two countries while away from UK before coming back but it didn't allow me to record two countries. I have provided all pages of my current and previous passports anyways. I hope its not a problem as the dates of travel were entered correctly.

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Post by alpharomeo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:55 pm

nomie200031 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:51 pm
alpharomeo wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:26 pm
nomie200031 wrote:
waruni100 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you
Hi Varuni,

@nomie200031

Hi alpha,

I am applying from Tier 4 (this year) to ILR LR but previously I have been on other visas including Tier 2, PSW and Tier 4. For my application I have supplied my payslips/P60s in employment history, educational history and certificates, BRP, Bank Statement for last three months, verification consent form, previous passports used for travelling to and from UK and online application form submitted to UKVI. That's pretty much it unless you have provided other reasons to stay in your application and some of these documents could be optional as they aren't a specific requirement for ILR LR. In travel history dates on the application for I had some confusion because it allowed date left and date entered with only one country in the dropdown. At one or two occassions I travelled to two countries while away from UK before coming back but it didn't allow me to record two countries. I have provided all pages of my current and previous passports anyways. I hope its not a problem as the dates of travel were entered correctly.

@nomie200031 thank you very much details.

waruni100
Newly Registered

Post by waruni100 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:50 am

nomie200031 wrote:
waruni100 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you
Hi Varuni,

Hi Nomie,

Thank you very much for the reply, much appreciated.
Yes this definitely helpful, mine also LR application. I also thought this should be a system error so I have checked clearing my cache, browser history and checked in all possible browsers. But no options are shown in Mandatory section. So I am also going to upload them into Optional section.

Thanks,
Waruni

AMH

Post by AMH » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:31 pm

Please can anyone advise for Set M application standard service (non-priority) is it mandatory to book appointments or Biometrics can be done at the Post Office?

Thanks to advise.
7A8M6H

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Hi,

I think you still need to book an appointment even if it is standard. Can you also do me a favour when you apply and see if they are still providing super priority service for SET(M). Thank you
AMH wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:31 pm
Please can anyone advise for Set M application standard service (non-priority) is it mandatory to book appointments or Biometrics can be done at the Post Office?

Thanks to advise.
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

sprakash81
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sprakash81 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:55 am

Hello All,

I'm due for my ILR application via T2 general route.

My initial stamp date was 02-Apr-2014. The eligibility window 28days prior will be 05-Mar-2019.

Can I book an appointment 45 days prior to 05-Mar-2019 please for super priority please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:00 am

sprakash81 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:55 am
Hello All,

I'm due for my ILR application via T2 general route.

My initial stamp date was 02-Apr-2014. The eligibility window 28days prior will be 05-Mar-2019.

Can I book an appointment 45 days prior to 05-Mar-2019 please for super priority please?
No. The online process should give you an appointment within a week. You cannot book an appointment until you apply and submit online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sohailghani
Newly Registered

Post by sohailghani » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:00 am

Hi,
I have a query related to the Tier 2 (General) ILR 5 years route. I have a plan to apply ILR in mid of Jan 2019 with super priority service. So could you check my supporting documents list below please and tell me it’s enough of documents.

List of supporting documents

1. Passport (Current & Old)
2. Biometric Card
3. Letter from employer include absence info.
4. Personal Bank Statements (5 Months)
5. Salary Slips (5 Months)
6. P60 (4 Years)
7. English Language
a) UK Master degree
b) Transcripts
8. Life in UK passing certificate

Further, Do I need to provide any consent letter? If so could you tell me the format of this or where can I get this consent form or letter, please?

Regards,
SG

iamrezaul
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by iamrezaul » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:55 am

sohailghani wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:00 am
Hi,
I have a query related to the Tier 2 (General) ILR 5 years route. I have a plan to apply ILR in mid of Jan 2019 with super priority service. So could you check my supporting documents list below please and tell me it’s enough of documents.

2. Biometric Card
6. P60 (4 Years)
7. English Language
a) UK Master degree
b) Transcripts

Further, Do I need to provide any consent letter? If so could you tell me the format of this or where can I get this consent form or letter, please?

Regards,
SG
I didn't provide P60 (only payslips of last 3 months ... stamped by HR department)
I didn't provide Transcripts (only the certificate of UK degree as the proof of English language)

sohailghani
Newly Registered

Post by sohailghani » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:02 pm

iamrezaul wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:55 am
sohailghani wrote:
Hi,

2. Biometric Card
6. P60 (4 Years)
7. English Language
a) UK Master degree
b) Transcripts

Regards,
SG
I didn't provide P60 (only payslips of last 3 months ... stamped by HR department)
I didn't provide Transcripts (only the certificate of UK degree as the proof of English language)
Thanks iamrezaul, could you give me consent letter or form here then I will signe and scan of it.

sohailghani
Newly Registered

Post by sohailghani » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi,

I have a query related to Tier 2 General ILR 5 Years Route. anybody have consent letter. so please give me.

Thanks
SG

iamrezaul
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by iamrezaul » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:21 pm

sohailghani wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:02 pm
iamrezaul wrote:
sohailghani wrote:
Hi,

2. Biometric Card
6. P60 (4 Years)
7. English Language
a) UK Master degree
b) Transcripts

Regards,
SG
Thanks iamrezaul, could you give me consent letter or form here then I will signe and scan of it.
I'm not sure which document you are referring to as "consent letter". Can you give a bit details, please?

sohailghani
Newly Registered

Post by sohailghani » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:30 pm

iamrezaul wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:21 pm
sohailghani wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:02 pm
iamrezaul wrote:
sohailghani wrote:
Hi,

2. Biometric Card
6. P60 (4 Years)
7. English Language
a) UK Master degree
b) Transcripts

Regards,
SG
I'm not sure which document you are referring to as "consent letter". Can you give a bit details, please?
when you submitted HO online application then before or after payment they said to download consent letter. After that I think you signed that letter and upload on the online system