ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entering UK with Citizenship Cert but No Passport or BRP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

montana12
Newly Registered

Re-entering UK with Citizenship Cert but No Passport or BRP

Post by montana12 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:31 pm

hi,
i have found myself in a similar situation, but unfortunately i was not told that i had to give in my biometric after my citizenship ceremony and i travelled to Zimbabwe using my Zimbabwean passport as it was an immediate emergency and i had not enough time to apply for a British Passport and it was only i had landed in Zimbabwe i realised that my biometric had expired but i brought my certificate with me just incase, i was refused boarding when i tried to get on the airline and wouldn't accept my certificate and the embassy said to apply for a new passport but that could take up to 18 weeks so i am currently stuck in Zimbabwe without enough money to last me 18 weeks,
any quicker solutions to enter the uk will be much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Re-entering UK with Citizenship Cert but No Passport or BRP

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:44 pm

Entering the UK is not the problem, as you can speak to the IO and they can check their systems but boarding a plan with now valid proof of a 'visa/current BRP' card is the problem.

A naturalisation certificate is not a travel document and highly unlikely to be accepted by an airline. It is after all a computer printed generated document.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:08 am

Without a British passport you can only travel as a citizen if your original passport is stamped by the Home Office.
I don’t believe that can happen abroad and certainly not in Zimbabwe.

If that’s the advice you were given then try to find a bar job for 18 weeks.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:45 pm

montana12 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:31 pm
hi,
i have found myself in a similar situation, but unfortunately i was not told that i had to give in my biometric after my citizenship ceremony and i travelled to Zimbabwe using my Zimbabwean passport as it was an immediate emergency and i had not enough time to apply for a British Passport and it was only i had landed in Zimbabwe i realised that my biometric had expired but i brought my certificate with me just incase, i was refused boarding when i tried to get on the airline and wouldn't accept my certificate and the embassy said to apply for a new passport but that could take up to 18 weeks so i am currently stuck in Zimbabwe without enough money to last me 18 weeks,
You could try approaching the British Embassy to see if they can help; perhaps a temporary travel document which they give to people who lose their passports?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:49 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:45 pm
montana12 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:31 pm
hi,
You could try approaching the British Embassy to see if they can help; perhaps a temporary travel document which they give to people who lose their passports?
A temporary or emergency travel document cannot be issued to a person who has not ever had a first British passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.