ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new system naturalisation, acknowledgement letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

helloemile
Newly Registered
Mood:

new system naturalisation, acknowledgement letter

Post by helloemile » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:18 pm

I've submitted on the 17th December via premium lounge. The agent there said I should get an acknowledgement letter within 10 days. I still have nothing.

Was he correct in saying that?

What does an acknowledgement letter look like?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: new system naturalisation, acknowledgement letter

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:21 pm

10 working days. Some get one others don't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DocKnow
Sri Lanka

Post by DocKnow » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:21 pm
10 working days. Some get one others don't.
I have not seen anyone get an acknowledgement letter on these forums. Do you have a link where somebody has reported that they did get an acknowledgement after attending a UKVCAS appointment for naturalisation?

helloemile
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by helloemile » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:50 pm

[/quote]

I have not seen anyone get an acknowledgement letter on these forums. Do you have a link where somebody has reported that they did get an acknowledgement after attending a UKVCAS appointment for naturalisation?
[/quote]

I'm going by what the agent there told me, but we all know now they seem just as confused.

I'm also going by dates people mention in the Timelines, with online applications where it says "date of acknowledgement". I did get a standard e-mail saying the application might take 6 months, but that was once I did the online form, even before the appointment, is what they mean there?

What's disconcerting is that UKVCAS agent just does something on his laptop and then there is nothing, even a receipt that he did press "send" and you are just in the dark whether it has gone into the system at all or not, just some kind of acknowledgement that it's with the UKVIC would be good to know.

DocKnow
Sri Lanka

Post by DocKnow » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:57 pm

Agreed. I was told acknowledgment will be received within 3 days at the UKVCAS appointment but haven't received anything.

The email acknowledgement on the timelines that people have mentioned is what you receive from the home office after you have applied online. Similarly, postal applicants get an acknowledgement letter from the home office in post.

One point of comfort is that the home office does say that they will send a reminder if the UKVCAS appointment has not been attended within 15 working days. If you don't receive that reminder, it means that your biometrics and documents have been received.

I also called UKVCAS helpline after my appointment and they said that they can see on the system that my biometrics and document have been submitted.

kmlenna
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kmlenna » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:25 pm

I’d received my acknowledgement letter through email after 4 weeks I submitted my application online. I’d applied online and sent my supporting documents by post.

DocKnow
Sri Lanka

Post by DocKnow » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:27 pm

kmlenna wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:25 pm
I’d received my acknowledgement letter through email after 4 weeks I submitted my application online.
Was that an email acknowledging the receipt of application or the receipt of biometrics?

helloemile
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by helloemile » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:30 pm

DocKnow wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:57 pm
Agreed. I was told acknowledgment will be received within 3 days at the UKVCAS appointment but haven't received anything.

One point of comfort is that the home office does say that they will send a reminder if the UKVCAS appointment has not been attended within 15 working days. If you don't receive that reminder, it means that your biometrics and documents have been received.
Ah yes ok, that's good to know. Thank you for the info.

So in this online application, what would be the next piece of communication with us? The fact that the decision has been made?

kmlenna
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kmlenna » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:34 pm

DocKnow wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:27 pm
kmlenna wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:25 pm
I’d received my acknowledgement letter through email after 4 weeks I submitted my application online.
Was that an email acknowledging the receipt of application or the receipt of biometrics?
It’s just letting the applicant know that they received their application and is being considered. Included in the letter is the Case ID.

“Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.”

DocKnow
Sri Lanka

Post by DocKnow » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:36 pm

helloemile wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:30 pm
DocKnow wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:57 pm

Ah yes ok, that's good to know. Thank you for the info.

So in this online application, what would be the next piece of communication with us? The fact that the decision has been made?
Based on what the home office have published on the new application system, and my personal experience, it would appear that the next communication would be the decision itself or, communication that it may take longer than 6 months to consider the application.

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:49 pm

with new seystem its most likley home office wil take full 6months or may b more

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:51 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:49 pm
with new seystem its most likley home office wil take full 6months or may b more
Please do not advertise where your friends work.

It is also not often these days that citizenship takes 6 months or more. Most members on the forum get approval within 2 to 4 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DocKnow
Sri Lanka

Post by DocKnow » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:14 pm

Agreed. In fact, the trend has been that home office is trying to make the application process quicker and more seamless. For e.g. all documents (incl. LIUK certificate) are now scanned and uploaded.

It would be counter-productive to implement a new system if it takes longer than the old system!

Having said that, I am yet to see a UKVCAS naturalisation applicant get their decision. All of the November applicants appear to be ones that applied through the NDRS (Old) route.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:38 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:49 pm
Please enlighten us as to how you have come to this conclusion. When I applied last month using the UKVCAS route I received a notification from UKVI at the time of my online application. It sets out the unique application number, payment notification number, document checklist and a note that reads:-

You should receive a decision on your application within 8 weeks of your biometric appointment.

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:49 pm

Hi, we've got the same after sending the online application.

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:51 pm

thts just genric wording for ho but application wil b only decided after 6monts thts full conforim with proofs

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:57 pm

Might be, we'll just have to wait and see how it goes. Not sure why they have added this 8 weeks phrase if they have decided to hold them for 6 months but time will tell.

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:07 pm

my friend made application on 6th nov and its been more then 2months after gave biometric and hes still waiting ho only intrduce this new syestm so thay have more time to check every thing proper and its high level that 80% applictaion wil fall for refusal this way ho wil make more money

DocKnow
Sri Lanka

Post by DocKnow » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:59 pm

I would disregard what dave12560 is saying. The only thing that has changed is the front end system (FES) i.e. the document collection methodology has changed.

The decision making process remains unchanged and subject to the same processing timelines as before. If anything, they are likely to be faster as UKVI no longer receive paper documents that they need to scan on to the caseworker database. All documents are pre-scanned by the applicant and available for review.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:04 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:51 pm
thts just genric wording for ho but application wil b only decided after 6monts thts full conforim with proofs
You seem intent on ignoring requests from moderators and already have a warning since registering on the forum on 17th November 2018. Please desist from stating where your friends work and what their position is and stop posting wrong advice. If you post this friend detail again, your access to the forum will be terminated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)