ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amyabaker
Newly Registered
Canada

Maternity Leave and now Self-Employed

Post by amyabaker » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:57 am

Hi everyone, this is my first post to the group so I hope a few people are able to read it and advise. I am in a bit of a dilemma ahead of my ILR application in January.

I am having difficulty understanding how to meet the financial requirements due to the particularly strange situation I am in! I was an employee of XYZ for 5 years before I went on maternity leave in May 2017. I was on maternity leave until September 2018 at which point I was made redundant from XYZ and had to find new work. I ended up going down the freelance route and now freelance for ABC and am set up as a Director of a Limited Company.

I have only been freelancing (aka earning an income) for 2 months, since September, and prior to that was on unpaid maternity leave. My husband is a supply teacher and his income varies week to week, and since September when I returned to work, he is at home with our daughter 3 days a week and therefore not earning as much.

Between my maternity top up from XYZ last year (May 2017 to December 2017), my husband's income and now my new income from ABC - we earn well above the threshold but it is coming from so many different sources, so it's difficult to prove.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation and can they advise? Let me know if something doesn't make sense or is unclear.

Many thanks,

Amy

zimba
Mood:

Re: Maternity Leave and now Self-Employed

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Are you applying under SET(M) ??
All explained here officially by the Home Office: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _Final.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

amyabaker
Newly Registered
Canada

SET M Application

Post by amyabaker » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:47 pm

Hello!

Hoping for a bit of feedback.

I went to Croydon today for my ILR application, having paid for the Super Priority Service. I was in and out within an hour (9am to 10am) and now just received a very cryptic email from the Home Office at 17:00.

Has anyone else received an email similar to this? I would have thought they would say it was explicitly approved or not. And when to expect my BRP in the post as well.

Dear Mrs. Xxxx

I’m pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain has now been decided. You will receive your decision letter in due course. Thank you for using our super priority service.

Kind Regards

Could someone advise?

Many thanks,

Amy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET M Application

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:42 pm

Topics merged.

How did you complete and meet the financial requirement and what evidence did you submit?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amyabaker
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: SET M Application

Post by amyabaker » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:28 pm

Hello,

I applied for Set (M) and demonstrated that I met the financial requirements through employment and self-employment.

Has anyone else received a similar email?

Many thanks,

Amy