ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Citizenship Applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

costumedesign
Newly Registered

Online Citizenship Applications

Post by costumedesign » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:19 pm

I submitted my online application 12/12/18 and went to the Sopra Steria biometrics appointment 2/1/19. Before the appoinment I uploaded all of my evidence and additional evidence. I brought my original documents to the appointment, but I am surprised they did not ask for or look at any of them including my referee forms and life in the UK test which the following day I realized they did not keep as I thought they were supposed to. According to forums and free movement, it would seem there are still an aweful lot of kinks in the new system. I hope my application is not marked invalid for not providing original documents if they were not properly asked for despite having the full file. The appointment itself was confusing as I had to go to a library where they took my biometrics and that was about it. Will the home office request the documents if they want them? Luckily, I had scanned them in and uploaded them anyway. (the uploading process does not guide you at all as to what evidence to provide, so you are largely on your own to know what evidence to submit.)

shankar981
Mood:

Re: Online Citizenship Applications

Post by shankar981 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:21 pm

My wife had an appointment in Croydon (core centre) today. We uploaded all the relevant documents (including Referee declarations) in advance. We were surprised that UKVCAS’ representative did not verify whether the uploaded documents matched the originals. Having said that, the representative opened all the PDF documents and confirmed that they were of good quality. Time can only tell if this “new” process of is sustainable and fool-proof.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Re: Online Citizenship Applications

Post by johnhkg » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:39 pm

costumedesign wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:19 pm
I submitted my online application 12/12/18 and went to the Sopra Steria biometrics appointment 2/1/19. Before the appoinment I uploaded all of my evidence and additional evidence. I brought my original documents to the appointment, but I am surprised they did not ask for or look at any of them including my referee forms and life in the UK test which the following day I realized they did not keep as I thought they were supposed to. According to forums and free movement, it would seem there are still an aweful lot of kinks in the new system. I hope my application is not marked invalid for not providing original documents if they were not properly asked for despite having the full file. The appointment itself was confusing as I had to go to a library where they took my biometrics and that was about it. Will the home office request the documents if they want them? Luckily, I had scanned them in and uploaded them anyway. (the uploading process does not guide you at all as to what evidence to provide, so you are largely on your own to know what evidence to submit.)
Don't worry, this is the way the new system works, exactly the same thing happened to me. If UKVI want to verify authenticity of a scanned document they will ask you to send them in. In most cases this will not be necessary.